Buffalo chicken meatballs are a great addition to any dinner table.
They’re packed with protein and ready to go, so they can be added to just about any meal.
But what should you serve them with?
The best side dishes to serve with buffalo chicken meatballs are vegetables. You can make a simple salad of cucumbers, carrots, and celery sticks with ranch dressing.
You can also make a potato salad with red potatoes and hard-boiled eggs. Add some green pepper for extra color and crunch.
For a more filling meal, serve your chicken meatballs over pasta or rice with steamed broccoli on the side.
Read Also: Buffalo Chicken Wine Pairing – The Best Wines for Buffalo Chicken
Looking for more ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Here are 9 side dishes that go perfectly with buffalo chicken meatballs:
1. Potato Salad
I always love to serve my buffalo chicken meatballs with a side of potato salad, and I never make it the same way twice.
Here’s how I make it today:
- I peel and dice a few potatoes.
- I boil them until they’re soft, but not too soft—you want them to hold their shape.
- I drain the water from the pot and put the potatoes in a bowl with a little bit of mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic powder if you like that sort of thing!
- Then I mash everything together with a fork until it’s all combined but still has some texture left in it.
2. Macaroni Salad
This is a really easy side dish to make, and it goes perfectly with the spicy meatballs.
- To make the macaroni salad, I boil elbows or shells in salted water until they’re nice and soft. I drain them and add them to a bowl.
- Then I mix in some mayonnaise (you can use light or regular), diced celery, diced onion, chopped carrots, and a little bit of salt and pepper.
It’s such an easy recipe that you can make it from scratch if you want to, but honestly, I just grab the store-bought kind because it tastes great!
When I serve these two together at parties, people always love them!
I can always recommend coleslaw. It’s easy to make and goes great with the spicy-sweet sauce of the meatball.
My favorite way to prepare and serve this dish is to make the coleslaw first, then grill the meatballs (I like them medium-rare).
Then all you have to do is assemble them on a plate and enjoy!
4. Sweet Potato Fries
I love serving sweet potato fries, because they’re so crispy and delicious, but they also have a sweet flavor that complements the spicy meatballs perfectly.
To prepare the sweet potatoes, cut them into thin strips or wedges, then toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper.
You can bake them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes (or until tender), or you can cook them on a grill or in a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat for about 10 minutes per side.
I like to serve these foods alongside each other because they’re both so versatile—you can put either one on top of a salad instead of dressing or dip it into ranch dressing for an extra kick!
5. Roasted Broccoli
I love to serve my buffalo chicken meatballs with roasted broccoli, because it’s a great way to round out the meal.
I like to make my own roasted broccoli by cutting up a head of broccoli into florets and then roasting them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
Then, I toss them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil until they’re evenly coated.
You can also try adding some Cajun seasoning or other seasonings if you want!
When I’m making these dishes, I cook the broccoli first and then set it aside while I prepare the meatballs.
Then I just toss them together on a serving platter and serve!
6. Baked Beans
I like to make baked beans in the slow cooker—it’s easy and hands-off, and they come out perfectly every time.
- I start by pouring a can of beans into the slow cooker and covering them with water.
- Then I add some onion slices and garlic cloves (I keep them whole so that it’s easy to fish them out later).
- After that, I cook it on high for five hours or low for six hours. It takes a little while, but it’s worth it!
- Once they’re done cooking, I drain off most of the liquid and add some BBQ sauce before serving them over rice or pasta (or whatever else might pair well with buffalo chicken).
7. Fried Okra (or Fried Green Tomatoes)
The first step to preparing fried okra is to cut the pods into thin slices.
The next step is to dredge the slices in cornstarch, then fry them in oil until they’re golden and crispy.
This takes about 5 minutes.
I serve these with my buffalo chicken meatballs on the side of a plate, or if I’m feeling ambitious and it’s not too hot outside, I’ll make a meal out of it by adding a few pieces of fried okra to my dish of buffalo chicken meatballs.
When serving fried okra with buffalo chicken meatballs, you should use your fingers and eat it like an appetizer or snack – don’t use utensils!
This will make a big mess but it’s fun and delicious!
I like to make my own cornbread from scratch, but if you’re short on time (or just don’t have the energy) I recommend using a box mix.
It’s really easy and tastes great!
You could also use an oven-ready cornbread mix (but make sure it’s vegan).
After baking, cut your cornbread into cubes and serve them alongside your buffalo chicken meatballs.
To make it extra flavorful, top each cube with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt mixed with hot sauce.
9. Mashed Potatoes (or Roasted Potatoes)
I also love to serve my buffalo chicken meatballs with mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes.
It’s easy to make this simple side dish from scratch—just boil some potatoes, and then mash them up with some butter, milk, salt, and pepper.
If you want to get fancy, you can add some garlic powder or other herbs.
When I’m making these foods together, I typically put the mashed potatoes in a small dish next to the buffalo chicken meatballs on my plate.
Then I take a bite of both at once!
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (9 Easy Sides)
- Potato Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Broccoli
- Baked Beans
- Fried Okra (or Fried Green Tomatoes)
- Mashed Potatoes (or Roasted Potatoes)
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your delicious meatballs.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.