Do you love buffalo chicken wings?
Are you curious about what wines to serve with them?
If so, then you have come to the right place!
In this blog post, I’m going to be sharing the best buffalo chicken wine pairing that will really elevate your dinner experience.
Whether you are a red wine lover or a white wine lover, there is sure to be something on this list that is perfect for your taste preference.
So if you are ready to explore some of the most delicious buffalo chicken and wine pairings, then let’s get started!
But first, what wine goes with buffalo chicken?
A Riesling or Moscato D’asti are great options to pair with buffalo chicken. The sweetness of these wines can help to balance the spicy and savory flavors in the dish. If you’re looking for something a bit lighter, a sparkling white like prosecco or champagne is also a good choice.
Why Consider Serving Wine With Buffalo Chicken?
Wine may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of buffalo chicken, but there are plenty of reasons why it’s worth considering. Let’s explore some of them.
- Enhance the Flavors: Wine can complement and enhance the flavors of your buffalo chicken dish. A bold and spicy Zinfandel, for example, can bring out the heat of the buffalo sauce, while a fruity Pinot Noir can balance out the spiciness.
- Refresh Your Palate: The effervescence of a hard apple cider or a dry and crisp rosé can help refresh your palate between bites of rich and spicy buffalo chicken.
- Create a Balanced Meal: Pairing wine with buffalo chicken can help create a more balanced meal. The acidity of a Sauvignon Blanc or Albariño can cut through the richness of the chicken, while the tannins in a Cabernet Sauvignon can complement the protein and fat.
- Elevate the Dining Experience: Serving wine with your buffalo chicken can elevate the dining experience and make it feel more sophisticated. It’s a great way to impress your guests and make the meal feel more special.
- Experiment with Pairings: Buffalo chicken is a versatile dish that can pair well with a variety of wines. Serving wine with your buffalo chicken can be a fun way to experiment with different pairings and discover new flavor combinations.
- Expand Your Wine Knowledge: Trying new wines with your buffalo chicken can help expand your wine knowledge and palate. It’s a great opportunity to try wines that you may not have tried before and learn more about wine pairing.
- Wine Can Enhance the Atmosphere: Wine can help create a relaxed and social atmosphere when sharing a meal with family and friends. It can be a great conversation starter and help break the ice.
The 7 Best Red Wines For Buffalo Chicken
Looking for the perfect wine to pair with buffalo chicken?
Look no further than these seven delectable red wines.
- For a classic pairing, try a bold and spicy Zinfandel. Its rich flavors of blackberry and pepper will complement the heat of the buffalo sauce.
- A fruity Pinot Noir can also be a great option. The bright notes of cherry and raspberry will balance out the spiciness of the chicken.
- A medium-bodied Merlot can provide a smooth and mellow pairing with buffalo chicken. Its subtle tannins and notes of black cherry and plum can enhance the dish without overpowering it.
- A Cabernet Sauvignon with its bold tannins and dark fruit flavors can stand up to the bold flavors of buffalo chicken. It’s also a great match for blue cheese, which is often served alongside buffalo chicken.
- For a more unusual pairing, try a spicy Shiraz. Its hints of black pepper and cloves can complement the heat of the buffalo sauce, while its bold tannins can cut through the richness of the chicken.
- A versatile Malbec can also be a great option for buffalo chicken. Its flavors of blackberry and vanilla can enhance the dish without being too overpowering.
- For those who prefer a sweeter wine, a fruity Beaujolais can be a surprisingly good match. Its notes of cherry and strawberry can complement the spiciness of the chicken, while its light body won’t overwhelm the dish.
The 7 Best White Wines For Buffalo Chicken
If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken, you’ll want to check out these seven delicious white wines that pair perfectly with this spicy dish.
- A crisp and refreshing Sauvignon Blanc is an excellent choice for buffalo chicken. Its citrus notes and high acidity cut through the richness of the chicken, while its grassy and herbal flavors complement the dish.
- If you’re looking for a white wine with a little more body, a Chardonnay can be a great option. Its creamy texture and flavors of vanilla and oak can balance out the spiciness of the chicken.
- For those who prefer a slightly sweeter wine, a Riesling can be an excellent match. Its notes of apple and peach can complement the heat of the buffalo sauce, while its sweetness can balance out the spice.
- A dry and acidic Pinot Grigio can also be a great pairing with buffalo chicken. Its flavors of lemon and green apple can cut through the richness of the chicken and balance out the heat of the sauce.
- A mineral-driven Albariño can be a surprising but fantastic pairing with buffalo chicken. Its bright acidity and flavors of lemon and sea salt can contrast with the richness of the chicken and complement the spiciness of the sauce.
- If you’re looking for a wine with a little more body and complexity, a Viognier can be an excellent option. Its flavors of peach, apricot, and honey can enhance the dish without being too overpowering.
- A dry and light-bodied rosé can be a versatile and refreshing option for buffalo chicken. Its flavors of strawberry and watermelon can complement the heat of the sauce, while its acidity can balance out the richness of the chicken.
The 5 Best Rosé Wines For Buffalo Chicken
Rosé lovers, rejoice!
These five delicious rosé wines are the perfect complement to your favorite spicy buffalo chicken dishes.
- A dry and crisp Provence-style rosé is a classic pairing with buffalo chicken. Its flavors of strawberry, watermelon, and citrus can contrast with the richness of the chicken and complement the heat of the buffalo sauce.
- For a slightly sweeter option, try a fruity and refreshing White Zinfandel. Its notes of raspberry and watermelon can enhance the dish’s spiciness, while its sweetness can balance out the heat.
- A light-bodied Pinot Noir rosé can also be a great match for buffalo chicken. Its flavors of cherry and cranberry can complement the dish’s spiciness, while its crisp acidity can balance out the richness of the chicken.
- A dry and mineral-driven rosé from the Loire Valley, such as Sancerre or Chinon, can be a fantastic pairing with buffalo chicken. Its bright acidity and flavors of citrus and stone fruit can cut through the richness of the chicken and complement the heat of the sauce.
- For those who prefer a slightly richer and more complex rosé, try a dry and full-bodied Bandol rosé. Its flavors of red fruit, spice, and herbs can stand up to the bold flavors of the buffalo chicken and complement the dish’s spiciness.
3 Other Wines To Pair With Buffalo Chicken
Looking for something other than red or white wine to pair with your buffalo chicken?
Try these three unique wine options.
- A crisp and refreshing hard apple cider can be a fantastic pairing with buffalo chicken. The cider’s fruity and acidic qualities can balance out the heat of the sauce, while its effervescence can cut through the richness of the chicken.
- If you prefer something with a bit more sweetness, try a Moscato d’Asti. Its notes of peach and apricot can complement the spiciness of the buffalo sauce, while its sweetness can balance out the heat.
- For a more unconventional pairing, try a hoppy and bitter India Pale Ale (IPA). The beer’s bold and hoppy flavors can contrast with the richness of the chicken and complement the spiciness of the sauce. Its carbonation can also help cleanse the palate between bites.
5 Tasty Dinner Serving Ideas
Elevate your dinner game with these five delicious serving ideas for buffalo chicken, each paired perfectly with wine.
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders: Turn your buffalo chicken into mini sliders with soft brioche buns, tangy coleslaw, and creamy blue cheese dressing. Pair with a refreshing Sauvignon Blanc or crisp hard apple cider.
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos: Fill warm tortillas with buffalo chicken, fresh cilantro, diced onions, and crumbled queso fresco. Pair with a fruity Pinot Noir or refreshing White Zinfandel.
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza: Top a homemade pizza crust with buffalo chicken, sliced jalapenos, and mozzarella cheese. Pair with a bold and spicy Zinfandel or hoppy India Pale Ale.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad: Toss chopped lettuce, celery, and carrots with shredded buffalo chicken, ranch dressing, and crumbled blue cheese. Pair with a medium-bodied Merlot or mineral-driven Albariño.
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta: Combine cooked pasta, buffalo chicken, and a creamy sauce made with blue cheese and Parmesan cheese. Pair with a versatile Malbec or dry and crisp rosé from Provence.
Serving Temperature And Glassware
To truly enjoy the flavors of your buffalo chicken and wine, it’s important to consider the serving temperature and glassware.
Here are some tips to ensure you get the most out of your pairing.
- Serving Temperature: For red wines, serve at slightly below room temperature, around 60-65°F. This will allow the wine’s flavors to develop without being too warm. For white and rosé wines, serve chilled between 45-50°F to keep their crisp and refreshing qualities.
- Glassware: Choose a glass with a wide bowl and tapered rim for red wines. This will allow the wine to breathe and develop its aromas. For white and rosé wines, choose a glass with a smaller bowl to preserve the wine’s crispness and acidity.
- Decanting: For more complex red wines, consider decanting them before serving. This can help soften any harsh tannins and allow the wine’s flavors to open up.
- Chill Your Glass: If you’re serving white or rosé wine, chill your glass in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before pouring. This will help keep the wine at the proper serving temperature for longer.
- Don’t Overfill Your Glass: To fully appreciate the wine’s aromas and flavors, don’t overfill your glass. Leave enough room to swirl the wine and allow it to breathe.
- Avoid Strong Scents: When enjoying wine with food, avoid using strongly scented hand soaps, lotions, or candles. These scents can interfere with the wine’s aroma and taste.
- Consider Stemless Glasses: Stemless glasses are a great option for outdoor or casual gatherings. They’re less likely to tip over and break, and their wider base can help the wine breathe.
In conclusion, serving wine with buffalo chicken can be a delicious and enjoyable way to enhance your dining experience.
Whether you’re looking to complement the spiciness of the dish, refresh your palate, or experiment with new wine pairings, there are plenty of reasons why you should consider serving wine with your buffalo chicken.
By paying attention to the serving temperature, glassware, and decanting, you can fully appreciate the flavors and aromas of your wine.
So, what wine goes with buffalo chicken?
When pairing wine with buffalo chicken, a Moscato D’asti is the perfect choice. This semi-sweet Italian sparkling wine has notes of apricot, peaches, and honey that complements the spiciness of the dish. Riesling or Champagne can also be great options for a sweeter taste.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.