Are you looking for the perfect chicken wings wine pairing to serve with your next batch of homemade chicken wings?
Look no further!
I’m here to share the best wines for chicken wings that will make your meal even more delicious.
Whether you are serving traditional buffalo-style wings, bbq, or another flavor profile, I’ve got the perfect wines to pair with each type of wing.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these wines a try and take your chicken wing game up a notch!
But first, what wine goes with chicken wings?
The best wines to pair with chicken wings are white wines like Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. For a red option, go for a light-bodied Pinot Noir. These varieties of wine offer good acidity and refresh the palate between bites of spicy wings.
Why Consider Serving Wine With Chicken Wings?
Wine and chicken wings may not be an obvious pairing, but here are some reasons why you should consider serving wine with your favorite snack.
- Elevates the Dining Experience: Serving wine with chicken wings adds an element of sophistication and elevates the dining experience beyond the traditional beer and wings pairing.
- Complements the Flavors: Wine can complement the flavors of chicken wings and enhance the taste experience. The acidity in white wines can cut through the spiciness of wings, while the fruity notes in red wines can balance out the richness and boldness of the flavors.
- Offers More Variety: Pairing wine with chicken wings offers more variety and allows for experimentation with different flavors and textures. The right wine can bring out the best in a dish and create a unique flavor profile.
- Healthier Option: Wine can be a healthier option than beer, as it typically contains fewer calories and lower alcohol content. This makes it a great alternative for those who want to indulge in their favorite snack without overindulging.
- Accommodates Different Preferences: Serving wine with chicken wings can accommodate different preferences and dietary restrictions, such as those who prefer vegetarian or gluten-free options. This makes it a versatile pairing that can please a variety of tastes and needs.
The 7 Best Red Wines For Chicken Wings
Looking for the perfect red wine to pair with chicken wings?
Here are 7 top picks that will elevate your game-day snacking experience.
- A light-bodied Pinot Noir with notes of cherry and raspberry complements the spiciness of buffalo wings. The wine’s lightness doesn’t overpower the flavors of the wings, but rather enhances them. The fruity notes of the wine balance the spiciness of the buffalo sauce, making for a perfect pairing.
- A full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon with hints of blackcurrant and vanilla pairs well with smoky and barbecue wings. The wine’s full body can hold up to the bold flavors of smoky and barbecue wings. The notes of blackcurrant and vanilla in the wine complement the smokiness of the wings.
- A fruity Beaujolais with flavors of strawberry and raspberry balances the tanginess of lemon pepper wings. The lightness of the wine doesn’t overpower the flavors of the wings, but rather enhances them. The fruity notes of the wine balance the tanginess of the lemon pepper seasoning, making for a perfect pairing.
- A medium-bodied Merlot with plum and black cherry undertones complements the richness of garlic Parmesan wings. The wine’s medium body doesn’t overpower the flavors of the wings, but rather enhances them. The plum and black cherry undertones in the wine complement the richness of the garlic Parmesan seasoning.
- A smooth Malbec with notes of blackberry and chocolate balances the heat of hot wings. The wine’s smoothness complements the spiciness of the hot wings. The notes of blackberry and chocolate in the wine balance the heat of the wings, making for a perfect pairing.
- A spicy Zinfandel with flavors of blackberry and black pepper pairs perfectly with Cajun wings. The wine’s spiciness complements the spiciness of the Cajun seasoning. The flavors of blackberry and black pepper in the wine complement the spiciness of the wings, making for a perfect pairing.
- A bold Syrah/Shiraz with hints of blackberry and tobacco complements the bold flavors of teriyaki wings. The wine’s boldness can hold up to the bold flavors of teriyaki wings. The hints of blackberry and tobacco in the wine complement the sweetness of the teriyaki sauce, making for a perfect pairing.
The 7 Best White Wines For Chicken Wings
Craving chicken wings but prefer white wine over red? Here are the 7 best white wines to pair with your favorite wing flavors.
- For tangy and zesty wings, such as lemon pepper or lime cilantro, a crisp and refreshing Sauvignon Blanc with citrusy notes would pair well. The wine’s acidity cuts through the tanginess of the wings and refreshes the palate, while the citrusy notes complement the citrus flavors in the wings.
- For garlic wings with light flavors, a dry and fruity Pinot Grigio with hints of green apple and pear would complement the dish without overpowering it. The wine’s dryness doesn’t compete with the garlic flavor in the wings, but rather enhances it, and the fruity notes in the wine complement the lightness of the dish.
- For bold barbecue wings, a full-bodied Chardonnay with notes of vanilla and oak would pair perfectly. The wine’s full body can hold up to the bold flavors of the barbecue sauce, and the notes of vanilla and oak in the wine complement the smokiness of the sauce.
- For spicy wings, such as buffalo or hot sauce, a slightly sweet Riesling with flavors of peach and apricot would balance the heat and refresh your palate. The wine’s sweetness complements the spiciness of the wings and provides a refreshing break from the heat, and the flavors of peach and apricot in the wine complement the flavors in the wings.
- For sweet and tangy teriyaki wings, a dry and floral Viognier with notes of honeysuckle and apricot would complement the dish without competing with its sweetness. The wine’s dryness enhances the sweetness of the teriyaki sauce, and the floral notes in the wine complement the sweetness of the sauce.
- For spicy Cajun or jerk wings, a light and citrusy Chenin Blanc with notes of lemon and lime would balance the spice of the seasoning. The wine’s lightness enhances the flavors of the wings, and the citrus notes in the wine complement the spicy flavors in the wings.
- For garlic parmesan wings with rich flavors, a rich and buttery Marsanne with flavors of almond and honey would enhance the dish’s flavors without overpowering them. The wine’s richness can hold up to the bold flavors of the garlic in the wings, and the flavors of almond and honey in the wine complement the richness of the dish.
The 5 Best Rosé Wines For Chicken Wings
Want to try a different pairing for your chicken wings? Check out these 5 best rosé wines that pair perfectly with different wing flavors.
- For tangy and spicy wings, such as buffalo, a dry and crisp Rosé with bright red fruit notes is an excellent match. It balances the acidity of the wings while refreshing your palate with its fruity flavors.
- For BBQ and smoky wings, a full-bodied Rosé with rich berry flavors pairs perfectly. The wine’s robustness complements the smoky flavors of the wings, while its juicy fruit flavors balance out the tangy BBQ sauce.
- For garlic Parmesan wings, a light-bodied Rosé with hints of strawberry and peach complements the dish’s creamy and savory flavors. It adds a subtle sweetness that balances the richness of the wings and enhances the garlic flavor.
- For lemon pepper wings, a dry and floral Rosé with crisp acidity and citrusy notes pairs well. The wine’s floral aromas and crisp acidity complement the tanginess of the lemon pepper seasoning, making it a refreshing and palate-cleansing pairing.
- For spicy and sweet wings, such as teriyaki or sweet chili, a medium-bodied Rosé with notes of watermelon and raspberry is an excellent choice. It balances the sweetness of the sauce with its acidity while refreshing your palate with its fruity notes.
5 Tasty Dinner Serving Ideas
Want to combine the best of both worlds with wine and chicken wings?
Here are five dinner serving ideas that incorporate both for a delicious and fun dining experience.
- Chicken wing sliders with a side of sweet potato fries and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc make for a perfect combination. The crisp and refreshing wine complements the spiciness of the wings and the sweetness of the fries.
- For a healthy and flavorful option, try grilled chicken skewers with a side of mixed greens and a glass of Chardonnay. The wine’s creamy and fruity notes pair perfectly with the chicken’s grilled flavors, while the greens add a refreshing and crunchy contrast.
- Chicken wings with a side of mac and cheese and a glass of Pinot Noir is a comforting and indulgent pairing. The wine’s lightness and fruity notes balance the richness of the mac and cheese and the bold flavors of the wings.
- For a spicy and exotic option, try chicken curry with a side of naan bread and a glass of Riesling. The wine’s sweetness complements the spiciness of the curry, while the naan bread adds a satisfying crunch and texture.
- Chicken wings with a side of roasted vegetables and a glass of Rosé is a light and refreshing option. The wine’s fruity and floral notes complement the savory flavors of the roasted vegetables, while the wings add a satisfying and spicy kick.
In conclusion, there are countless dinner serving ideas that pair perfectly with wine and chicken wings, ranging from classic comfort foods to exotic and flavorful options.
Whether you’re in the mood for something healthy and light or indulgent and satisfying, there’s a wine and wing pairing for everyone.
So, what wine pairs well with chicken wings?
The best wine to pair with chicken wings is Chardonnay. It has a buttery flavor that complements the crispiness of the wings. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Riesling are good choices too. A light beer like lager or pale ale also goes well with chicken wings.
So next time you’re looking for a fun and delicious dining experience, consider these five tasty options and elevate your meal to the next level with the perfect wine pairing.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.