Puff pastry tart is a versatile dish that can be served as an appetizer, main course, or dessert.
And while it’s delicious on its own, it’s even better with a few complimentary side dishes.
From roasted vegetables to fruit salad, there are plenty of sides that will pair well with puff pastry tart.
So whether you’re serving it for a special occasion or just because, be sure to check out these 15 easy sides.
What to Serve with Puff Pastry Tart?
Serving puff pastry tarts is a great way to add a little extra sweetness and flavor to your meal.
This simple dish can be paired with anything from savory dishes to fruit salads.
Here are some ideas for side dishes that go well with puff pastry tarts:
There’s something I love about arugula – its peppery bite.
Combined with shaved Parmesan, this salad is a great way to add some protein and savory depth to any pastry tart.
- Start by mixing together a simple dressing of olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Then toss arugula, crumbled Parmesan, and diced tomatoes together until everything is coated.
You can also heat up a pan and sauté Brussels sprouts in a little oil or butter.
They take just a few minutes to cook, and they’ll give your tart a nice boost of flavor.
Just be sure to add them toward the end of the cooking time so they don’t get too soft.
What is easier than simply roasting a bunch of root vegetables?
Just toss them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake them in the oven until they’re caramelized and tender.
This simple side dish is delicious and healthy, making it the perfect accompaniment to your favorite puff pastry tart.
Here’s a classic side dish that’s hard to get tired of.
- Simply dice some fresh or frozen potatoes, place them in a large pot with enough cold water to cover them, and mash them with a potato masher or an immersion blender.
- Add a little salt, pepper, and butter if you like, and you’re good to go.
Or, how about some crunch to go with your flaky pastry?
Sweet potato fries are the perfect solution – they’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and they pair perfectly with savory or sweet toppings.
Try dipping them in your favorite sauce or serving them with a simple vinaigrette.
If you like green beans but don’t want to fuss with a lot of ingredients, try this simple skillet recipe.
- Just toss them in a little olive oil and salt, then cook them over medium-high heat until they’re tender and slightly charred.
Serve them warm, topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for an irresistible side.
Why not dip your puff pastry tarts in some delicious and tart cranberry sauce?
This recipe is easy to make and can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
- Just mix together 2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat until the berries are soft, stirring frequently.
- Once they’re cooked, remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
8. Quinoa Pilaf
Quinoa is known for its nutty flavor and delicate texture, so it makes a great base for dishes like this pilaf.
It’s easy to make, and you can add any vegetables or protein you like.
- Just cook the quinoa according to the package directions, then add it to a pan with some chicken broth, vegetable broth, or even water.
- Bring it to a simmer and let it cooking until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Finally, season it with salt and pepper to taste.
Cauliflower has gotten a bad rap in the past few years for being bland and boring.
But don’t let that stop you from using it in your cooking repertoire!
Roasting it brings out its natural sweetness, and spices like garlic, salt, and pepper add a delicious depth of flavor.
Toss it with a little olive oil and your favorite herbs before baking it in the oven.
Grilling some asparagus is a great way to get your vegetables in while enjoying some delicious flavors.
- First, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces and season them with salt and pepper.
- Then place the asparagus spears on the grill and grill for 3-5 minutes per side, or until they are tender and slightly charred.
11. Tomato Soup
How about a hot bowl of tomato soup to warm you up on a cold day?
This recipe is simple, but it’s also very flavorful.
- Just start by cooking some diced onion in a large pot with some olive oil.
- When the onions are translucent, add a can of crushed tomatoes and some beef or vegetable broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Then ladle it into bowls and top with fresh chopped basil or parsley if you like.
This unique and fresh salad is a great way to show off the colors and flavors of summer.
- Start by mixing together diced peaches and avocados, then add in some chopped fresh herbs like mint and parsley.
- Dress it all up with a light vinaigrette, and you’ve got yourself a beautiful and tasty side dish that’ll complement any tart.
Berries are often overlooked as a food to serve with dessert, but their sweet and tart flavors are perfect for pairing with greens.
This berry spinach salad is easy to make, and it’s full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
It’s a healthy and delicious way to end your meal.
I love the taste of pumpkin in the fall, and I especially love the taste of pumpkin soup in the winter.
This creamy version is made with roasted butternut squash and a mixture of stock, cream, and spices to give it a rich flavor.
Top it with a dollop of sour cream or crème fraiche for extra deliciousness.
15. Grilled Chicken
Do you like some juicy grilled chicken with your pastry tart?
- Here’s a great way to do it – start by prepping your chicken the night before.
- Cut it into thin strips, season it with salt, pepper, and any other spices you like, and then skewer it onto wooden skewers.
- Then grill it over medium-high heat until cooked through. You can also bake it in the oven or cook it in a pan on the stovetop.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and you’re good to go!
What to Serve with Puff Pastry Tart (15 Best Side Dishes)
- Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Simple Skillet Green Beans
- Cranberry Sauce
- Quinoa Pilaf
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Grilled Asparagus
- Tomato Soup
- Peach & Avocado Green Salad
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Grilled Chicken
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your tart.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!