Are you wondering what to serve with bacon wrapped asparagus?
Look no further!
I’m excited to share ten amazing side dishes that perfectly complement this quintessential spring dish.
From roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables, to a classic Caesar salad or some comforting grits, there are so many delicious options to choose from.
Bacon-wrapped asparagus is one of the most popular recipes out there right now; however, it can often be difficult finding sides that pair well with this unique combination of flavors.
Never fear – I’ve done the hard work for you and gathered my ten favorite sides that make the perfect addition to bacon wrapped asparagus.
There are enough sides here for all types of occasions – a casual picnic lunch, a romantic home-cooked dinner date night, or even your upcoming Easter feast!
Let’s get cooking!
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus? 10 Best Side Dishes
Bacon wrapped asparagus is a popular and delicious dish, but it can be difficult to decide what to serve with it.
Here are ten side dishes that will pair perfectly with your bacon wrapped asparagus, each offering a unique flavor and texture:
1. Baked Potatoes
Baked potatoes are a great side dish for bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Baked potatoes have a creamy, buttery texture that pairs nicely with the smoky flavor of bacon.
Plus, they provide an easy way to add some extra bulk and nutrition to your meal.
When serving baked potatoes alongside bacon-wrapped asparagus, you can choose from traditional russet or sweet potatoes.
Both types are loaded with vitamins and minerals, so it’s really just a matter of personal preference.
- To make the perfect baked potato, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and then pierce each one several times with a fork before placing them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. To get an even crispier skin, brush olive oil over the top of each potato before baking and sprinkle lightly with salt afterwards if desired.
- Serve warm alongside your bacon-wrapped asparagus for a delicious meal!
2. Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Bacon wrapped asparagus is a classic favorite, but it can be tricky to pair with the right side.
Creamy garlic shrimp pasta is the perfect match for this dish!
The briny flavor of the shrimp pairs so well with the smoky bacon and robust flavors of asparagus.
Plus, creamy sauces are always delightful when paired with vegetables!
For an added boost of flavor, add some grated Parmesan cheese or chopped parsley and lemon juice before serving.
3. Mediterranean Tuna Salad
This Mediterranean-style tuna salad is the perfect accompaniment to bacon wrapped asparagus.
This light and healthy dish combines chunks of white tuna with crunchy diced cucumber, juicy tomatoes, red onion, olives, and a zesty dressing featuring lemon juice and oregano.
The combination of flavors is sure to tantalize your taste buds!
This dish also provides an added bonus – it’s packed with protein from the tuna and fiber from the vegetables.
It’s a great option for those looking for a lighter side dish that still provides plenty of nutrition.
Serve it on its own or over a bed of greens for an extra boost in vitamins and minerals.
4. Grilled Vegetables
Grilled vegetables are a healthy and delicious side dish that can be enjoyed year-round.
Grilling vegetables is a great way to bring out their natural sweetness and enhance their flavor.
How To Make It
- Start by prepping your vegetables.
- Wash and dry them, then cut into pieces that will fit onto skewers or the grill grate. If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 10 minutes before threading the vegetables onto them.
- Brush the vegetables with olive oil or melted butter, then sprinkle on some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano or any other spices you like.
- Place the vegetable skewers on a preheated medium-high grill and cook until they reach desired doneness (about 5-7 minutes).
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce!
5. Roasted Carrots
Grilled vegetables are a delicious and healthy side dish that pairs perfectly with bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes can all be grilled to perfection.
Simply slice the vegetables into thick slices or cubes and season them with salt and pepper before grilling over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
For extra flavor, you can brush them with olive oil or balsamic vinegar before cooking.
Grilled vegetables make an excellent accompaniment to bacon-wrapped asparagus because they provide a crunchy texture contrast while still complementing the smoky flavors of the bacon.
Plus, they’re packed with vitamins and minerals that will help round out your meal!
6. Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicious side dish made from Brussels sprouts that have been cut in half and roasted until they are tender, yet slightly crisp.
They can be seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, or other herbs and spices according to taste.
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder (or other herbs/spices) as desired.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve immediately while hot!
7. Creamy Polenta
Polenta is a dish made from ground cornmeal.
It is popular in Italian cooking and can be served as a side or main dish.
Creamy polenta is made with a combination of water, milk, butter, and salt to make it creamy and flavorful.
How To Make Creamy Polenta
- Begin by bringing four cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Once the water has reached boiling point, slowly add one cup of polenta while whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue stirring for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Then add one cup of milk, two tablespoons of butter, and one teaspoon of salt; stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes on low heat until creamy consistency is achieved.
- Serve hot with bacon wrapped asparagus or other accompaniments!
8. Baked Mac and Cheese
Baked mac and cheese is a classic comfort food dish made with pasta, cheese, and milk.
It is usually baked in the oven until it is golden brown on top and bubbly throughout.
This dish can be served as a side or main course for any occasion.
How to Make Baked Mac and Cheese
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F. Cook elbow macaroni according to package instructions and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked macaroni with butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard powder, cayenne pepper (optional), eggs (optional), milk (or cream), shredded cheese of your choice such as cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Mix all ingredients together until fully blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes covered; remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm alongside bacon wrapped asparagus!
9. Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a grain-like seed that is packed with protein, fiber and essential minerals.
It has a nutty flavor and a light, fluffy texture when cooked.
Quinoa salad is made by combining cooked quinoa with vegetables, herbs and other ingredients such as nuts or cheese.
- How To Make It: Begin by cooking the quinoa according to package instructions. While it’s cooking, prepare the vegetables you would like to include in your salad. Commonly used ingredients include tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, cucumbers and carrots. Once the quinoa is done cooking let it cool before adding it to the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Then add any additional ingredients such as olives or feta cheese for extra flavor and texture if desired. Finally dress the salad with an oil based dressing such as olive oil or balsamic vinegar for added flavor.
- Why Serve This Side Dish: Quinoa salads are an excellent side dish because they are light yet filling due to their high protein content from the quinoa making them perfect for those who want something nutritious yet satisfying on their plate! They also provide many nutrients including vitamins A & C from all of those fresh veggies plus magnesium which helps support healthy bones! Plus this dish can be easily customized depending on what flavors you enjoy most so everyone can find something they love!
10. Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roasted sweet potatoes are a delicious side dish that is easy to make and full of flavor.
Sweet potatoes have a natural sweetness, so when roasted the sugars caramelize and create a crispy crust on the outside while keeping the inside soft and fluffy.
- How To Make It: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Place in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and any other desired spices. Toss until evenly coated. Spread out onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and fork tender.
- Why Serve This Side Dish: Roasted sweet potatoes are an excellent side dish to serve alongside bacon wrapped asparagus because they add additional texture and flavor to the meal without overpowering it. The sweetness of the roasted sweet potatoes complements the savory flavors of bacon perfectly while providing an additional source of nutrition such as fiber, vitamins A & C, potassium and magnesium. These tasty little bites also provide a good source of antioxidants which can help reduce inflammation in your body!
In conclusion, bacon-wrapped asparagus makes for a delicious and easy meal that can be served with a variety of different side dishes.
Some of the best side dishes to serve with bacon wrapped asparagus are baked potatoes, creamy shrimp pasta, tuna salad, grilled vegetables, roasted carrots, roasted brussels sprouts, creamy polenta, baked mac and cheese, quinoa salad, and roasted sweet potatoes.
Each of these side dishes offer a unique flavor and texture that will complement the bacon wrapped asparagus and make for a delicious, well-rounded meal.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (10 Tasty Sides)
- Baked Potatoes
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Grilled Vegetables
- Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Creamy Polenta
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.