Not sure what to eat with roasted red pepper hummus?
Have no fear!
I’ve put together 10 of the best ways to enjoy this delicious dip.
Whether you buy pre-made or make your own, roasted red pepper hummus is a creamy and lightly spiced treat that pairs perfectly with everything from pita chips to crispy vegetables.
No matter how you serve it, everyone will love this healthy snack.
But if you want to mix things up and add more fun flavors into the mix, try one (or all) of these incredible pairing ideas — from potato wedges and broccoli stems to homemade crackers and meatballs.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to eating this amazing Mediterranean dip!
Let’s dig in!
What To Eat With Roasted Red Pepper Hummus? 10 Best Options
Roasted red pepper hummus is a delicious dip that can be enjoyed with many different types of food.
If you’re wondering what to serve with it, here are 10 options that will pair perfectly:
1. Pita Chips
Pita chips are the perfect accompaniment to roasted red pepper hummus.
To make them at home, cut pita bread into triangles and brush each side with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and bake in the oven until golden brown.
Serve alongside the hummus for an easy appetizer or snack that everyone will love!
2. Veggie Sticks (like carrots, celery, peppers, etc.)
Veggie sticks are the perfect accompaniment to roasted red pepper hummus.
Carrots, celery, bell peppers, cucumbers and jicama are all great options for dipping into this delicious dip.
For an extra flavor boost, try sprinkling some fresh herbs or spices on top before serving.
To make it even more special, serve the veggie sticks with pita chips or crackers for added crunch!
- What Are They? Baked sweet potato wedges are a delicious and healthy side dish. They are made by cutting sweet potatoes into wedges, coating them in oil and spices, then baking them until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The result is a flavorful snack or side dish that pairs perfectly with roasted red pepper hummus.
- To Serve Them Together: Roasted red pepper hummus is an excellent accompaniment to baked sweet potato wedges. To serve them together, simply spread some of the hummus onto a plate or platter and arrange the wedges around it. For added flavor, sprinkle some chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro over top before serving. This combination makes for a tasty appetizer or light meal that can be enjoyed any time of day!
- What Are They? Whole grain crackers are a type of snack food made from whole grains such as wheat, oats, and rye. They are usually baked until crisp and crunchy, and can be enjoyed plain or with a variety of toppings. Whole grain crackers provide an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients.
- To Serve Them Together: Roasted red pepper hummus is the perfect accompaniment to whole grain crackers! The creamy texture of the hummus pairs perfectly with the crunchy texture of the crackers for a delicious snack or appetizer. To make it even more flavorful, top your hummus-covered cracker with some feta cheese crumbles or chopped olives. For a heartier meal option, serve your roasted red pepper hummus alongside grilled vegetables or pita bread slices for dipping.
- What Are They? Falafel balls are a popular Middle Eastern dish made from ground chickpeas, herbs, and spices. The mixture is formed into small balls or patties and then deep-fried until golden brown. The result is a crunchy exterior with a soft, flavorful interior.
- To Serve Them Together: Roasted red pepper hummus and falafel balls make an excellent combination for dipping! To serve them together, start by preparing the falafel according to the recipe instructions. Once they’re cooked through, let them cool slightly before serving alongside a bowl of roasted red pepper hummus. Scoop some of the hummus onto each plate and top with one or two falafel balls. Enjoy as an appetizer or snack!
- What Are They? Grilled portobello mushroom steaks are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional steak. The mushrooms are marinated in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, herbs, and spices before being grilled until they are tender and juicy. The result is a savory dish that can be served as an entrée or side dish.
- To Serve Them Together: Roasted red pepper hummus pairs perfectly with grilled portobello mushroom steaks. To serve them together, start by preparing the hummus according to the recipe instructions. Then, prepare the mushrooms by brushing them with olive oil and seasoning them with salt and pepper before grilling over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve the mushrooms on top of a bed of hummus for an easy yet flavorful meal!
- What Are They? Roasted broccoli stalks are a delicious and nutritious snack or side dish. The stalks of the broccoli plant are often discarded, but they can be roasted to bring out their sweet flavor and crunchy texture. When roasted, the stalks become tender on the inside while still maintaining a slight crunch on the outside.
- To Serve Them Together: Roasted red pepper hummus and roasted broccoli stalks make for an excellent combination. The creamy hummus pairs perfectly with the crunchy texture of the roasted broccoli stalks, creating a unique flavor experience that is sure to please any palate. To serve them together, simply spread some hummus onto a plate or bowl and top it with some freshly-roasted broccoli stalks. Enjoy!
- What Are They? Grilled zucchini sticks are a delicious and healthy snack or side dish. The zucchini is cut into thin strips, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, then grilled until tender and slightly charred. The result is a crunchy yet tender vegetable that pairs perfectly with roasted red pepper hummus.
- To Serve Them Together: To serve the two together, arrange the grilled zucchini sticks on a plate alongside a bowl of roasted red pepper hummus for dipping. For an extra flavor boost, sprinkle some freshly chopped herbs such as parsley or basil over the top of the hummus before serving. Enjoy!
- What Are They? Grilled eggplant is a delicious and versatile side dish. Eggplants are sliced into rounds, brushed with oil, and grilled until tender and lightly charred. The smoky flavor of the eggplant pairs perfectly with the creamy texture of roasted red pepper hummus.
- To Serve Them Together: To serve these two together, start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat. Slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rounds and brush them with olive oil on both sides. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly charred and tender. Serve alongside a bowl of roasted red pepper hummus for dipping or spread it onto slices of grilled eggplant for an easy appetizer or snack!
- What Are They? Grilled chicken skewers are a popular dish that can be served as an appetizer or main course. The skewers are made with cubes of chicken breast, marinated in a flavorful blend of spices and herbs, then grilled to perfection. The result is juicy, tender pieces of chicken that pair perfectly with roasted red pepper hummus.
- To Serve Them Together: To serve the grilled chicken skewers and roasted red pepper hummus together, start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat. Thread the cubes of marinated chicken onto metal or wooden skewers and place them on the grill for about 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking time. Meanwhile, prepare the roasted red pepper hummus according to package instructions or your favorite recipe. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving alongside a bowl of warm hummus for dipping. Enjoy!
In conclusion, roasted red pepper hummus is a delicious and healthy dip that can be enjoyed with a variety of different snacks and sides.
The best sides to serve with roasted red pepper hummus are pita chips, veggie sticks, baked sweet potato wedges, whole grain crackers, falafel balls, grilled portobello mushrooms, roasted broccoli stems, grilled zucchini, grilled eggplant, and grilled chicken skewers.
These sides provide a great balance of flavors, textures, and nutrition to make your hummus platter a hit.
With these 10 options, you’ll never run out of ideas for a delicious and nutritious snack.
What To Eat With Roasted Red Pepper Hummus? 10 Best Options
- Pita Chips
- Veggie Sticks (like carrots, celery, peppers, etc.)
- Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
- Whole Grain Crackers
- Falafel Balls
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Steaks
- Roasted broccoli stalks
- Grilled Zucchini Sticks
- Grilled Eggplant
- Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 25 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.