Hey, hey, hey!
Are you ready to take your grilling game to the next level?
Because today, we’re talking about the perfect side dishes to serve with grilled zucchini!
I mean, sure, grilled zucchini on its own is delicious, but why settle for one awesome dish when you can have a whole meal full of them?
And let’s be real, the sides are what make a meal truly epic.
But, here’s the thing, we don’t want to serve just any old sides.
Oh no, we want the absolute best, most scrumptious sides that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the 25 best side dishes to serve with grilled zucchini.
And we’re not talking about just any old boring sides here.
We’re talking about sides that will make your mouth water, your heart sing, and your belly oh-so-happy.
So, get ready to impress your guests (or just yourself, no judgement here) with these amazing side dishes that will take your grilled zucchini game to the next level.
And don’t worry, we’re not just going to list off a bunch of dishes and leave you hanging.
We’ll give you all the tips and tricks you need to make each dish perfectly and pair it perfectly with your grilled zucchini.
So, let’s get started and take your taste buds on a journey they won’t soon forget!
What To Serve With Grilled Zucchini? 25 Best Side Dishes
Grilled zucchini is a delicious and nutritious side dish, but what should you serve with it?
Here are 25 great options – from salads to vegetables to grains – that will make the perfect accompaniment for your grilled zucchini.
Dips and Sauces
Alright, folks, let’s dive into the saucy side of things!
Because what’s grilled zucchini without some delectable dips and sauces to accompany it?
We’ve got some seriously lip-smacking options for you that will take your grilled zucchini from good to gourmet.
Check it out:
- Tzatziki: The classic yogurt-based dip that is creamy, cool, and oh-so-tasty. It’s perfect for adding a little tanginess to your grilled zucchini and gives it a little extra zing. Feeling extra fancy? Make your own Tzatziki with some fresh herbs and cucumbers – trust us, it’s worth it!
- Hummus: A Mediterranean favorite that goes great with everything, including grilled zucchini. It’s smooth, savory, and packed with protein – so it’s both delicious and nutritious. Plus, there are so many flavors to choose from, so you can mix it up and keep things interesting.
- Pesto: If you’re a fan of basil, you’ll love pesto. It’s a rich, bold sauce that pairs perfectly with grilled zucchini. And the best part? It’s super easy to make! All you need is some fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. Toss it all in a blender, and voila – you’ve got homemade pesto!
- Chimichurri: A tangy, garlicky sauce that hails from Argentina. It’s perfect for adding some zing to your grilled zucchini and packs a serious flavor punch. Plus, it’s super versatile – you can use it as a marinade, a dipping sauce, or a dressing.
- Garlic Butter: We all know that everything is better with butter, and grilled zucchini is no exception. But why settle for plain old butter when you can make garlic butter? It’s rich, garlicky, and oh-so-decadent. Just melt some butter and mix in some minced garlic, and you’ve got a sauce that will take your grilled zucchini to the next level.
Breads and Grains
Now that we’ve covered the dips and sauces, let’s talk about the perfect breads and grains to pair with your grilled zucchini. These options are perfect for those who want a little more substance to their meal.
Check out these tasty options:
- Garlic Bread: Is there anything better than warm, crispy garlic bread? We think not. It’s the perfect accompaniment to grilled zucchini, and it’s so easy to make. Just slather some butter and garlic on a baguette and pop it in the oven – and voila, you’ve got the perfect side dish.
- Couscous Salad: This light and fluffy grain is perfect for pairing with grilled zucchini. It’s easy to make, and you can customize it to your liking. Add some fresh herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese for a Mediterranean twist.
- Quinoa Pilaf: If you’re looking for a more substantial side dish, quinoa pilaf is the way to go. It’s packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients, making it a healthy and satisfying option. Plus, you can add all sorts of veggies and spices to make it your own.
- Cornbread: Who doesn’t love a good slice of cornbread? It’s sweet, savory, and pairs perfectly with grilled zucchini. Plus, it’s easy to make – just mix some cornmeal, flour, sugar, and milk together and bake it in the oven.
- Rice and Beans: For a hearty and filling side dish, you can’t go wrong with rice and beans. It’s a classic combination that pairs perfectly with grilled zucchini. Add some fresh herbs and spices to give it a little extra flavor.
Salads and Vegetables
Alright, now it’s time to talk about the fresh and colorful salads and veggie dishes that pair perfectly with grilled zucchini. These options are perfect for those who want to keep things light and healthy.
Check out these tasty options:
- Caprese Salad: A classic Italian salad that combines juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fragrant basil. It’s the perfect side dish for grilled zucchini, and it’s so easy to make. Just drizzle some balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top, and you’re good to go.
- Greek Salad: Another Mediterranean favorite that goes great with grilled zucchini. It’s a simple salad that features fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and feta cheese. Add some Kalamata olives and a lemon vinaigrette for a little extra zing.
- Roasted Vegetables: If you’re looking for a simple and easy side dish, roasted vegetables are the way to go. You can roast any veggies you like, but we recommend zucchini, bell peppers, and onions for a delicious and colorful combination.
- Cucumber Salad: A refreshing and light salad that features crisp cucumbers and a tangy vinaigrette. It’s perfect for balancing out the rich and smoky flavor of grilled zucchini.
- Broccoli Slaw: If you’re looking for a more substantial veggie side dish, broccoli slaw is the way to go. It’s crunchy, refreshing, and packed with nutrients. Plus, it’s easy to make – just mix some shredded broccoli, carrots, and cabbage together and add a little dressing.
Soups and Stews
Alright, hold onto your taste buds, folks, because we’re about to talk about the heartier options – soups and stews that will warm your soul and fill your belly.
These options are perfect for cooler weather or for when you want a more substantial meal.
Get ready for some seriously delicious options:
- Minestrone Soup: A classic Italian soup that features a variety of veggies, pasta, and beans. It’s hearty, flavorful, and perfect for pairing with grilled zucchini.
- Lentil Stew: For a protein-packed and filling side dish, lentil stew is the way to go. It’s a rich and savory stew that’s perfect for cooler weather. Add some fresh herbs and spices to take it to the next level.
- Tomato Soup: There’s nothing quite like a warm bowl of tomato soup, especially when it’s paired with grilled zucchini. It’s simple, comforting, and oh-so-delicious. Top it off with some croutons or a dollop of sour cream for an extra treat.
- Chili: For a spicy and hearty side dish, you can’t go wrong with chili. It’s packed with protein and flavor, and it pairs perfectly with grilled zucchini. Plus, you can customize it to your liking by adding your favorite veggies and spices.
- Gazpacho: If you’re looking for a refreshing and light side dish, gazpacho is the way to go. It’s a chilled Spanish soup that features fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. Add some fresh herbs and spices to give it a little extra kick.
Alrighty, folks, it’s time for the grand finale – desserts!
Because let’s be real, no meal is complete without something sweet to top it off. These options are perfect for those who want a little something extra to satisfy their sweet tooth.
Get ready for some seriously mouthwatering options:
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream: Grilled peaches are already delicious on their own, but when you pair them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it’s a match made in heaven. The warm, caramelized peaches pair perfectly with the cool, creamy ice cream.
- Fruit Salad: If you’re looking for a lighter and healthier dessert option, a fruit salad is the way to go. It’s easy to make, and you can customize it to your liking. Add some fresh berries, melons, and pineapple for a colorful and flavorful combination.
- Berry Crisp: For a warm and comforting dessert, berry crisp is the way to go. It’s a classic dessert that features a layer of fresh berries topped with a crispy and buttery topping. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for a little extra indulgence.
- Lemon Bars: If you’re a fan of tart and tangy desserts, lemon bars are the way to go. They’re a classic dessert that features a buttery shortbread crust and a tangy lemon filling. It’s the perfect way to end your meal on a sweet and zesty note.
- Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries: For a simple yet indulgent dessert, you can’t go wrong with chocolate-dipped strawberries. Just melt some chocolate and dip the strawberries in it, and you’ve got a sweet and decadent treat. Add a little sea salt on top for a little extra oomph.
And that’s a wrap, folks! We hope you’ve enjoyed our list of the 20 best side dishes to serve with grilled zucchini. From saucy dips to hearty soups to sweet treats, we’ve got something for everyone.
So go ahead and fire up that grill, because now you’ve got all the tools you need to make your grilled zucchini game the talk of the town.
Remember to mix it up and try new combinations – who knows, you might just stumble upon your new favorite dish.
And don’t forget to have fun with it! Cooking should be a joyous and creative experience, so don’t be afraid to experiment and make it your own.
So go ahead and impress your family, friends, or just yourself with these delicious and creative side dishes. We guarantee that your taste buds will be thanking you. Happy grilling!
What To Serve With Grilled Zucchini (25 Best Sides)
- Garlic Butter
- Garlic Bread
- Couscous Salad
- Quinoa Pilaf
- Rice and Beans
- Caprese Salad
- Greek Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Cucumber Salad
- Minestrone Soup
- Lentil Stew
- Tomato Soup
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream
- Fruit Salad
- Berry Crisp
- Lemon Bars
- Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
- Pick your favorite recipe from the article.
- Organize your ingredients and utensils.
- Follow the detailed instructions in the recipe to make your side dish.
- Prepare and serve for delicious meal!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.