Not sure what to serve with olive bread?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
Let’s be real, olive bread is the black sheep of the bread family – it’s not quite sourdough, not quite baguette, and not quite whole wheat.
But despite its identity crisis, we can all agree that olive bread is downright delicious.
Now, the burning question remains: what the heck do we serve with this delectable carb-o-liciousness?
Fear not, fellow foodies, for I have rounded up 25 unique and mouthwatering side dishes to pair with your beloved olive bread.
From pasta to potatoes to salads, and everything in between, we’ve got you covered with some seriously tasty options.
So, ditch the boring butter and jam and get ready to take your olive bread game to the next level.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the deliciousness, shall we?
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes With Olive Bread?
- Because it’s an excuse to eat more cheese. Let’s face it – the only thing better than bread is bread with cheese. And when you’re pairing it with side dishes, you’ve got the perfect excuse to load up on all the brie, feta, and cheddar your heart desires. Your taste buds will thank you.
- Because it’s an easy way to feel fancy. Want to impress your friends and family with your culinary prowess? Whip up a few simple side dishes to go with your olive bread, and suddenly you’re a gourmet chef. Plus, you can pretend you’re at a fancy dinner party, even if you’re just hanging out in your living room.
- Because it’s a great way to get some veggies in. Let’s face it – sometimes it’s hard to convince ourselves to eat our vegetables. But when you pair them with some delicious olive bread, suddenly they become a lot more enticing. Plus, you can pretend you’re being healthy. We won’t tell.
- Because life is short, and you deserve to indulge. At the end of the day, why do we eat? To fuel our bodies, sure, but also to enjoy the delicious flavors of life. And when you’ve got a loaf of warm, crusty, flavorful olive bread on the table, it’s the perfect excuse to indulge in all your favorite sides. So go ahead – live a little. You deserve it.
What To Eat With Olive Bread – 25 Best Side Dishes
Olive bread is a delicious and healthy option for lunch or dinner.
But what do you eat with it?
Here are 25 side dishes that will perfectly pair with olive bread, from salads to soups to vegetables:
- Feta Cheese and Olives: It’s like a Greek salad in a side dish, without all the pesky greens. Plus, feta has the perfect salty tang to complement the earthy flavor of the olive bread.
- Burrata and Heirloom Tomatoes: You know what they say – mo’ cheese, mo’ better. And when it comes to burrata, it’s mo’ creamy, mo’ dreamy. Paired with juicy heirloom tomatoes, this combo is like a summer day in your mouth.
- Baked Brie and Cranberry Sauce: Let’s be real – you could slap some cranberry sauce on cardboard and it would taste good. But pair it with ooey-gooey baked brie and savory olive bread, and you’ve got a flavor explosion in your mouth.
- Goat Cheese and Honey: For those who like a little sweet with their savory, this option is the bee’s knees. Literally – honey comes from bees. Spread some tangy goat cheese on your olive bread and drizzle with honey for a taste that’ll make you buzz with joy.
- Cheddar and Apple Slices: It’s a classic combo for a reason, folks. Sharp cheddar cheese and crisp apple slices are the perfect match for the hearty, flavorful goodness of olive bread. Plus, you can pretend you’re being healthy because there’s a fruit involved. Win-win.
Dip It Good!
- Hummus and Vegetables: Don’t be fooled by the name – hummus is more than just a dip. It’s a way of life. And paired with fresh veggies, it’s the perfect complement to the salty, briny goodness of olive bread.
- Baba Ganoush and Pita Chips: Baba ganoush, baba who-noush? Oh, just one of the most delicious dips out there. Made from roasted eggplant and tahini, it’s rich and creamy with a smoky flavor that’ll make your taste buds do a happy dance. Add in some crispy pita chips, and you’ve got a match made in dip heaven.
- Artichoke and Spinach Dip: You know what they say – if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. And this classic dip is far from broke. Creamy, cheesy, and packed with the savory goodness of artichokes and spinach, it’s the perfect dip to slather on your olive bread.
- Tzatziki and Cucumbers: Feeling fancy? Opt for some tzatziki, a Greek dip made with yogurt, cucumbers, and herbs. It’s light, refreshing, and pairs perfectly with the bold flavor of olive bread. Plus, you can pretend you’re on a Mediterranean vacation while you eat it. #Blessed
- Guacamole and Tortilla Chips: Avocado toast? So last year. But guacamole on olive bread? Revolutionary. This creamy dip is packed with healthy fats and bold flavors, making it the perfect partner for your favorite bread. Add in some crunchy tortilla chips for a textural contrast that’ll have your taste buds singing.
- Prosciutto and Melon: Sweet and salty, it’s a match made in heaven. This classic Italian combo is the perfect way to elevate your olive bread game. Plus, you can pretend you’re at a fancy European brunch, even if you’re just in your pajamas on the couch.
- Pepperoni and Olives: What’s better than pizza? Pizza on bread. This dynamic duo is perfect for when you’re craving the comfort of your favorite slice, but don’t feel like going through the hassle of making a whole pie. Plus, the salty kick of the pepperoni and olives will have you coming back for more.
- Soppressata and Roasted Red Peppers: Feeling fancy? Go for soppressata, a dry-cured Italian sausage that’s rich, spicy, and oh-so-delicious. Pair it with some roasted red peppers for a sweet and smoky flavor that’ll make your taste buds do a happy dance.
- Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad: Who says you can’t have a salad as a side dish? Not us, that’s for sure. Whip up a simple avocado salad and toss in some grilled chicken for a protein-packed side that’ll make you feel like a health guru. Plus, the creamy avocado is the perfect match for the hearty goodness of olive bread.
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese: Feeling fancy part 2? Opt for some smoked salmon and cream cheese. It’s a classic combo for a reason – the salty, smoky flavor of the salmon pairs perfectly with the creamy tanginess of the cream cheese. Spread it on your olive bread and pretend you’re at a fancy brunch.
- Caprese Salad: Tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella – it’s like a party in your mouth. This classic Italian salad is the perfect way to showcase the fresh, vibrant flavors of summer. Plus, it’s a great way to pretend you’re eating something healthy, even though you’re just scarfing down bread and cheese.
- Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Salad: Feeling a little more adventurous? Opt for a roasted red pepper and artichoke salad. It’s packed with flavor and texture, with the sweet tanginess of the peppers playing off the earthy richness of the artichokes. Plus, it’s a great way to get some veggies in without feeling like you’re eating rabbit food.
- Grilled Zucchini and Squash: Summer is the perfect time to fire up the grill, and what better way to use it than to make some grilled zucchini and squash? It’s light, refreshing, and the perfect complement to the bold flavor of olive bread. Plus, you can pretend you’re being healthy because it’s a vegetable. Shh, we won’t tell.
- Marinated Mushroom Salad: Mushrooms are one of those ingredients that people either love or hate, but we’re firmly in the love camp. And when they’re marinated in a tangy vinaigrette and paired with olive bread? It’s pure magic. Trust us, even mushroom haters will be converted.
- Mixed Green Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing: Let’s be real – sometimes you just need a salad to balance out all the carbs and cheese. But don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be boring. Whip up a simple mixed green salad with a tangy vinaigrette dressing and pair it with some olive bread for a side that’s fresh and flavorful. Plus, you can pretend you’re being healthy. Win-win.
- Fresh Berries and Whipped Cream: Berries and cream – it’s a classic for a reason. The sweetness of the berries pairs perfectly with the light, airy goodness of whipped cream. Plus, it’s a great way to pretend you’re being healthy because, you know, fruit.
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries: Feeling a little more indulgent? Opt for some chocolate-covered strawberries. They’re sweet, decadent, and the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, the contrast of the chocolate and the bright red strawberries is Instagram-worthy.
- Cinnamon Sugar Apples: Apples are the perfect snack, but they’re even better when they’re coated in cinnamon sugar. Pop them in the oven for a few minutes to get them nice and soft, then pair them with some olive bread for a sweet and savory combo that’ll make your taste buds sing.
- Candied Pecans and Dried Fruit: Pecans and dried fruit are like the Beyonce and Jay-Z of the snack world – a power couple that’s hard to beat. The sweet, crunchy goodness of candied pecans pairs perfectly with the chewy texture of dried fruit. Plus, it’s a great way to feel like you’re eating something fancy without breaking the bank.
- Honey-Roasted Carrots: Carrots might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of sweet treats, but trust us – these honey-roasted carrots are a game changer. The sweetness of the honey pairs perfectly with the earthiness of the carrots, making for a side that’s both delicious and nutritious. Plus, you can pretend you’re being healthy. Again.
In conclusion, there’s no shortage of delicious side dishes to pair with olive bread. Whether you’re feeling cheesy, dippy, meaty, veggie, or sweet, there’s an option out there for you. And let’s be real – who needs a main course when you’ve got a side dish game this strong?
So go ahead and get creative with your olive bread pairings. Mix and match to your heart’s content. The possibilities are endless, and the only limit is your imagination. And your pantry. And your budget. But other than that, the sky’s the limit.
So the next time you’re staring at a loaf of olive bread, wondering what to do with it, just remember – there’s a world of flavor out there waiting for you. All you have to do is take a bite. And maybe some wine. Definitely some wine. Cheers to the endless possibilities of olive bread sides!
What To Eat With Olive Bread (25 Best Sides)
- Feta Cheese and Olives
- Burrata and Heirloom Tomatoes
- Baked Brie and Cranberry Sauce
- Goat Cheese and Honey
- Cheddar and Apple Slices
- Hummus and Vegetables
- Baba Ganoush and Pita Chips
- Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- Tzatziki and Cucumbers
- Guacamole and Tortilla Chips
- Prosciutto and Melon
- Pepperoni and Olives
- Soppressata and Roasted Red Peppers
- Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
- Caprese Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Salad
- Grilled Zucchini and Squash
- Marinated Mushroom Salad
- Mixed Green Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
- Fresh Berries and Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Cinnamon Sugar Apples
- Candied Pecans and Dried Fruit
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Pick your favorite recipe from the article.
- Organize your ingredients and utensils.
- Follow the detailed instructions in the recipe to make your side dish.
- Prepare and serve for delicious meal!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.