If you’re looking for a way to make your next meal of lamb chops even more delicious, here’s the ultimate list of seasonings that will take your chops from boring to BAM!
What Seasoning to Put on Lamb Chops
Seasoning your lamb chops adds a whole new level of deliciousness to the already-delicious meat.
And it really is an almost-magical transformation, because all you need is salt, pepper, and a little oil—and voila!
You’ve got yourself some tasty lamb chops.
But which seasonings are best?
We’re here to tell you!
1. Salt and Pepper
The most common seasoning choice for lamb chops is salt and pepper.
The reason why this is so popular is because it’s simple and easy to prepare.
Just sprinkle a little bit on top or rub into the meat before cooking.
If you want something more robust, try adding paprika or cumin as well!
2. Lemon Pepper Seasoning
This is a classic choice for lamb chops because it adds a kick of lemon flavoring without overpowering the meat.
It’s also great for chicken!
3. Garlic Salt
A classic seasoning that can be used on both lamb and chicken, garlic salt is an easy way to add flavor without making your kitchen smell like garlic powder (although if you want that kind of thing in your house, we don’t judge).
Rosemary is another popular choice when cooking lamb chops, as it gives them a nice herbal flavor that goes well with lamb’s natural gaminess.
You can use fresh or dried rosemary—just remember that fresh rosemary has stronger flavor than dried rosemary does, so use less if using fresh!
Chop up a clove or two of garlic and rub it on your lamb chops before cooking them.
This is great if you want a little extra spice in your life (or are just feeling adventurous).
Oregano is another great herb to add to your lamb chop seasoning mix.
It has a strong flavor that complements the gaminess of the meat, while also adding its own unique taste.
Like rosemary, oregano comes in both dried and fresh forms—if using dried oregano, start with 1 teaspoon and adjust accordingly if you’d like more (it’s easy to add more at this point).
If using fresh oregano instead, start with 1 tablespoon and adjust accordingly if needed (but don’t go overboard on the quantity!).
If you’re looking for a herb that’s subtle but still packs a punch, this is it!
Thyme has an earthy smell and taste that will give your lamb chops an extra layer of flavor without overwhelming them.
Parsley is also a great option for seasoning lamb chops.
You can either use fresh or dried parsley—just remember that fresh parsley has stronger flavor than dried parsley does, so use less if using fresh!
Mint works well with the gaminess of lamb, but it can also overpower the flavor if you use too much of it (so make sure you’re careful!).
You can use fresh or dried mint—just remember that fresh mint has stronger flavor than dried mint does, so use less if using fresh!
10. Dill weed
Dill weed is another herb that pairs well with lamb chops.
It adds an earthy-yet-bright taste and aroma that works especially well with the fatty richness of lamb fat.
Simply sprinkle some freshly chopped dill weed over your cooked lamb chops before serving.
Basil has long been a favorite herb with meat lovers because it pairs so well with both red meat and chicken.
If you want to try basil on your lamb chops, just sprinkle some on top before searing them in the pan (and don’t forget about it!).
You can also chop up some basil leaves and add them before serving if you’d like!
12. Cumin seeds or powder
umin is another classic pairing with lamb that works well on both grilled and pan-seared chops.
It’s a great way to add some heat and smokiness at the same time, so consider adding cumin if you’re looking for more flavor than just salt and pepper can offer on its own (which is what most people use when cooking their lamb chops).
13. Chili powder (optional but highly recommended)
Sprinkle on some chili powder before cooking for an extra kick of spice and heat that pairs well with the gaminess of lamb.
Be sure to add it after searing, so it doesn’t burn!
14. Curry powder (optional but highly recommended)
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding curry powder to your lamb chop marinade for a unique twist on the traditional flavor profile.
It adds a bit of heat and helps bring out the natural sweetness in the meat.
15. Paprika (sweet or smoked)
Paprika is another great seasoning that goes well with lamb chops because it adds a bit of spice without making them too spicy.
It’s also easy to find in any grocery store or supermarket so there’s no reason not to try adding it next time you make lamb chops at home!
16. Tandoori Spice
Tandoori spices are a great way to add flavor without overpowering the taste of the lamb itself.
They’re usually made up of cumin seeds and paprika (among other things).
17. Pomegranate Molasses
This sweet-and-sour Middle Eastern condiment is perfect for marinating lamb chops before grilling them—it adds just enough sweetness to balance out the saltiness of the meat, but not enough to make it taste like candy (which would be weird).
Best Seasoning for Lamb Chops on The Grill
Lamb chops are one of the best things to grill, but they can be tricky to season.
Here are three tips that will help you get it right every time.
- Make sure your chops are at least 1 inch thick. This is a good rule of thumb when grilling any meat, but it’s especially important when grilling lamb chops because they tend to be smaller than other cuts of meat and they dry out faster when cooked over high heat.
- Let them sit in the fridge overnight before cooking them. This will allow some air circulation around the meat and help it to retain moisture longer during cooking time (which makes for juicier results).
- Use a marinade with salt as the first ingredient listed on its label (not sugar or another sweetener). You can also use fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme as well as garlic cloves or onion slices—just make sure none of these ingredients overwhelm each other so that there’s still plenty left over for flavor after it dries out on your grill!
5 Ways to Make Your Lamb Chops Taste Better
Lamb chops are a treat and a treat that is easy to make at home.
They are a great source of protein and other nutrients.
Here are 5 ways to make your lamb chops taste better:
- Marinate your lamb chops in olive oil, garlic and rosemary. This will add lots of flavor to your lamb chops!
- Baste your lamb chop with honey before taking it off the grill. This will give it an amazing flavor and glaze!
- Wrap some bacon around each lamb chop before grilling so that they get nice and crispy while they cook!
- Coat your lamb chops in flour before cooking them so that they get a nice crust on them while they’re on the grill or in the oven!
- Make sure not to overcook your lamb chops because this will make them dry out which will ruin their flavor (and yours too!).
What Seasoning to Put on Lamb Chops (17 Options)
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Dill weed
- Cumin seeds or powder
- Chili powder
- Curry powder
- Tandoori Spice
- Pomegranate Molasses
- Pick your favorite seasonings from this list to use with your lamb chops.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Be ready to munch in no time!