Hey there foodies, have you ever found yourself wondering, “what sandwich goes with Italian wedding soup?”
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve done the research (read: spent way too much time eating and enjoying ourselves) and have compiled a collection of 15 tasty sandwiches that pair perfectly with this Italian classic.
Sure, Italian Wedding Soup is already pretty amazing on its own, but why settle for just pretty amazing when you could have mind-blowingly, out-of-this-world amazing?
With our help, you’ll be taking your soup game to the next level in no time.
We’ve got sandwiches for every taste bud and preference, from classic combos to carb-loaded wonders, Italian-inspired creations to veggie delights.
Trust us, your taste buds will thank you.
So sit back, relax, and get ready to discover your new favorite sandwich pairing.
Warning: drooling may occur, but that’s just a sign that we’re doing our job right.
Let’s dig in!
Read Also: Italian Wedding Soup Wine Pairing – Best Wines for Italian Wedding Soups
What Sandwich Goes With Italian Wedding Soup? 15 Best Sandwiches
Italian wedding soup is a delicious and hearty meal, but what sandwich should you serve with it?
Here are 15 sandwiches that pair perfectly with Italian wedding soup:
Listen, we get it. Sometimes you just want to stick to the classics, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
So, for all you traditionalists out there, here are some classic sandwich combos that will never go out of style:
- Grilled Cheese: Let’s be real, is there anything more comforting than a gooey, melty grilled cheese? It’s the perfect pairing for a cozy bowl of Italian Wedding Soup.
- BLT: Bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Need we say more? This sandwich is a crowd-pleaser for a reason, and it just so happens to pair beautifully with a steaming bowl of soup.
- Roast Beef: This sandwich may seem basic, but it’s anything but. The salty, savory flavor of the roast beef pairs perfectly with the herbs and spices in the soup.
- Turkey & Avocado: For a slightly lighter option, try a turkey and avocado sandwich. The creaminess of the avocado perfectly complements the warmth of the soup, and the turkey adds a nice protein boost.
Okay, let’s be real. Sometimes, you just need some carbs in your life. And we’re not talking about a measly slice of bread here. No, no, we’re talking about sandwiches that will leave you feeling like a carb queen (or king).
These carb-loaded wonders are not for the faint of heart, but trust us, they’re worth every delicious, carb-filled bite:
- Meatball Sub: Let’s face it, meatballs are the unsung hero of Italian cuisine. So why not give them the respect they deserve with a meatball sub? The soft bread, the tangy tomato sauce, the melty cheese, and the perfectly cooked meatballs – it’s a match made in sandwich heaven.
- Philly Cheesesteak: We can practically hear the groans of people from Philly as we say this, but hear us out. A Philly cheesesteak is a work of art, and it just so happens to pair perfectly with Italian Wedding Soup. The tender beef, the gooey cheese, the sautéed onions and peppers – it’s a flavor explosion in your mouth.
- Reuben: Corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, thousand island dressing, all nestled between two slices of rye bread. Need we say more? The Reuben sandwich is the perfect balance of salty, tangy, and savory flavors, and it pairs surprisingly well with Italian Wedding Soup.
- French Dip: Juicy, tender roast beef nestled in a warm, crusty baguette, with a side of rich, flavorful au jus for dipping. It’s like a warm, comforting hug in sandwich form, and it just so happens to be the perfect pairing for a cozy bowl of soup.
Listen, if you’re going to pair a sandwich with Italian Wedding Soup, you might as well go all in, right? That’s why we’ve rounded up some Italian-inspired creations that will transport you straight to the streets of Rome (or at least make you feel like you’re there).
These sandwiches are all about bold flavors and satisfying textures:
- Caprese: If you love a good Caprese salad, then you’ll be all over this sandwich. Fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and fragrant basil, all drizzled with balsamic glaze and nestled between two slices of crusty bread. It’s like summer in sandwich form.
- Chicken Parmesan: Who says you need a plate to enjoy chicken parmesan? This sandwich takes all the best parts of the classic Italian dish – crispy breaded chicken, tangy tomato sauce, and melty cheese – and puts them between two slices of bread. Genius, we know.
- Prosciutto & Mozzarella: Sometimes, the simplest things in life are the best. Case in point: this sandwich. Thinly sliced prosciutto, creamy fresh mozzarella, and a drizzle of olive oil, all nestled between two slices of ciabatta bread. It’s simple, but oh so satisfying.
- Eggplant Panini: If you’re a fan of eggplant, then you’ll love this sandwich. Thinly sliced eggplant, roasted red peppers, and a tangy olive tapenade, all grilled to perfection in a panini press. The combination of textures and flavors is out of this world.
We get it, not everyone wants to chow down on meat and carbs all day. But fear not, vegetarians and veggie-lovers alike, we’ve got some sandwiches that will make your taste buds sing.
These veggie delights are packed with flavor and satisfying textures:
- Hummus & Veggie Wrap: Hummus is the king (or queen) of dips, and it just so happens to make a pretty fantastic sandwich spread too. Spread some hummus on a wrap, add some fresh veggies (like cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers), and you’ve got a sandwich that’s both delicious and healthy.
- Roasted Vegetable Sandwich: Sometimes, the simplest things are the best. Case in point: this sandwich. Roasted vegetables, like zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers, nestled between two slices of bread with a smear of creamy goat cheese. It’s simple, but oh so satisfying.
- Avocado Toast with Poached Egg: Avocado toast is all the rage these days, and for good reason. It’s delicious, healthy, and super easy to make. But if you really want to take it up a notch, add a poached egg on top. The runny yolk adds a richness that pairs perfectly with the lightness of the avocado.
The Bonus Round
Congratulations, you’ve made it to the bonus round. We’re not sure what you’ve won yet, but we promise it’s something good.
This section is for all the sandwiches that didn’t quite fit into the other categories, but are still worthy of your attention (and your taste buds):
- The Cuban: A classic Cuban sandwich is a thing of beauty. Roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard, all pressed between two slices of Cuban bread. It’s a flavor explosion in your mouth, and it just so happens to pair perfectly with Italian Wedding Soup.
- The Grilled Veggie: Grilled veggies are the perfect addition to any sandwich, and this one is no exception. Grilled bell peppers, zucchini, and onions, with a smear of pesto and some fresh mozzarella, all nestled between two slices of crusty bread.
- The Turkey Cranberry: If you’re a fan of Thanksgiving flavors, then you’ll love this sandwich. Roasted turkey, tangy cranberry sauce, and creamy brie cheese, all nestled between two slices of hearty bread. It’s like a mini Thanksgiving dinner in sandwich form.
- The Tuna Melt: Okay, hear us out. We know that tuna can be a divisive ingredient, but when it’s paired with melty cheese and crispy bread, it’s pretty darn delicious. The key is to use high-quality tuna and a good-quality cheese (we like cheddar or Swiss).
Well folks, there you have it – 15 tasty sandwiches that are the perfect pairing for Italian Wedding Soup. Whether you’re a classic sandwich lover, a carb enthusiast, an Italian-inspired foodie, a veggie-lover, or just someone who loves a good sandwich, we’ve got something for everyone. So go forth and enjoy, and remember, the only thing better than a good sandwich is a good sandwich paired with a cozy bowl of soup.
In conclusion, the best sandwiches to pair with Italian Wedding Soup are those that complement its herbaceous and savory flavors, while also providing a satisfying texture and balance of ingredients. Our top picks include the classic Grilled Cheese, the meaty and tangy Philly Cheesesteak, the fresh and fragrant Caprese, and the vegetarian-friendly Hummus & Veggie Wrap. So go ahead and try out one (or all!) of these delicious sandwiches, and get ready for a match made in sandwich-soup heaven.
What Sandwich Goes With Italian Wedding Soup? 15 Best Sandwiches
- Grilled Cheese
- Meatball Sub
- Philly Cheesesteak
- French Dip
- Chicken Parmesan
- Prosciutto & Mozzarella
- Eggplant Panini
- Hummus & Veggie Wrap
- Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
- Avocado Toast with Poached Egg
- The Cuban
- The Grilled Veggie
- The Turkey Cranberry
- The Tuna Melt
- Pick your favorite recipe from the article.
- Organize your ingredients and utensils.
- Follow the detailed instructions in the recipe to make your side dish.
- Prepare and serve for delicious meal!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.