I’m always looking for ways to make a good party better.
And what’s better than tacos?
They’re easy to make and serve, they’re delicious, and you can get creative with the fillings.
But what do you serve with them?
I’ve rounded up 15 finger foods that go perfectly with tacos, so whether you’re having a small get-together or a big party, these are sure to be crowd pleasers.
What Goes with Tacos for A Party?
The best thing to go with tacos for a party is the crunchy, salty, and spicy taste of tortilla chips. Tortilla chips are a staple for any taco party and can be served hot or cold. They pair well with both soft and hard-shelled tacos, making them versatile enough to fit in with any type of taco dish.
If you’re thinking about serving up some delicious tacos at your next party, I’ve got just the thing: these 15 finger foods will make sure everyone has something in their hands while they talk shop and share stories over dinner.
I love these cheese quesadillas—they’re creamy and delicious, and they’re perfect for parties because they can be made in advance.
Just pop them in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
I serve these at my parties with some sliced avocado on top, which helps cut through some of the richness of the cheese.
And if you want something sweet?
Just add a little chocolate sauce!
2. Cheese Fries
When it comes to easy finger foods, I love making cheese fries.
They take just a few minutes to throw together and they’re the perfect side dish for a taco party!
Here’s how I make them:
- I use a baking sheet and cover it with foil.
- Then I cut up potatoes into fries and toss them in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Next, I spread them out on the baking sheet so they are not too close together (or else they will not cook evenly).
- Then I bake them at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes or until they are crispy golden brown (but not burnt).
You can eat these with ketchup or ranch dressing (or both!).
If you want to serve them at a party, just put them in a bowl and let people add their own toppings!
Nachos are a simple and delicious dish that can be made in no time.
They’re also versatile, so they’re perfect for a crowd.
Serve them as is, or top them with any of your favorite taco toppings!
I like to make my nachos with tortilla chips, refried beans, and cheese.
They’re ready to eat in 5 minutes, but if you want to take it up a notch, add guacamole and sour cream.
You can serve these at a party by arranging all of the ingredients on a large platter or tray and letting people choose their own toppings (and helping them along if needed).
Fried cheese cubes are delicious, they’re easy to make, and they’re also pretty cute.
They’ll make everyone happy at your party, and they’ll be impressed by your cooking skills.
You can either make these in advance—or even better—you can make them right before the party starts so people will have something to snack on while they wait for food to arrive.
To serve these at a party, I like to put them in little paper cups with toothpicks sticking out of each one so that people can just grab one and go as soon as they come in through the door.
5. Mini Quiches
These mini quiches are the perfect side dish for a taco party.
They’re easy to make and can be prepped in no time, so you can have them waiting in your fridge when you get home from work.
Here’s how I like to make these quiches:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl
- Pour into muffin tins
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top
Fried pickles are a perfect dish.
They’re super easy to make, but still taste gourmet and special, which is perfect for parties where you want to impress your guests without spending hours in the kitchen.
I like to use a few different kinds of pickles—the tangier the better. I also like my pickles thin, so I cut them into little matchsticks.
Then all you have to do is dredge them in cornmeal and fry them up!
This recipe is easy enough that you can throw it together while your meatballs or other taco-type food is cooking. You can make it ahead of time and keep it warm in the oven until it’s time to serve it.
To serve these at a party, I like to set out bowls of different kinds of pickles (and some ranch dressing for dipping), then put out a big bowl of fried pickles as well.
You can also serve them on top of tacos or nachos for an extra crunchy bite!
One of my favorite finger-friendly appetizers is bacon-wrapped dates.
It’s a classic that no one can resist!
These are super easy to make—you just cut the ends off your bacon strips, wrap them around some pitted dates (try using Medjool), and bake until the bacon is crisp.
These go great with tacos or anything else you may be serving up at your next party!
I love this dish because it’s super easy to make, and it’s a great side dish for any party.
Plus, it just looks really pretty!
To make the cups, you’ll need:
- 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup of thinly sliced cucumber
- 3/4 cup of green beans
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and then spoon them into small cups or little ramekins. I like to use little plastic cups that come with salads at restaurants—they’re perfect! You can also use small paper cups if you don’t have any plastic ones lying around. Just make sure they’re not too big (about 2 inches tall) or they might not fit in your mouth when you bite down on them!
- Then top each cup with some ranch dressing (you can buy premade packets at the store or make your own).
These are great served alongside tacos at a party!
When it comes to party food, I’ve found that crispy buffalo chicken wings are a great way to go!
They’re easy to make in no time, and they go perfectly with tacos.
I like to make this dish in two ways: either as a main course or as a side dish.
If I’m serving them as a main course, I’ll make my own buffalo sauce with hot sauce, BBQ sauce, butter (or margarine), and vinegar.
Then I’ll coat the wings in the sauce before baking them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until they’re golden brown and crispy (about 30 minutes).
If I’m serving them as a side dish, I’ll leave out the vinegar from my buffalo sauce recipe—but otherwise follow the same steps above.
I love grilled corn as a side dish.
It’s easy to make, it’s delicious, and it goes well with pretty much anything.
But sometimes I want my grilled corn to be a little more special.
That’s why I usually serve it up at parties—it’s a crowd-pleaser and super easy to make in no time.
- First, I take two ears of corn and remove the husks from them.
- Then, I wrap each ear in aluminum foil and throw them on the grill for 10 minutes while they’re heating up.
- After that, I take off the foil and let them cook for another 10 minutes or so until they’re hot all the way through and lightly charred around the edges (if you like your corn really charred).
- After they’ve cooled down just enough so they’re still warm but not hot enough that they burn your mouth when you eat them (about 5 minutes), unwrap them and put them in bowls.
- Then, place one bowl of cilantro next to each bowl of corn on your serving table so people can sprinkle some on top if they’d like!
11. Corn Dogs
I’m a big fan of corn dogs.
They’re fun, they’re easy to make, and they go with almost anything.
The best part?
You can make them in no time and serve them at a party for guests who want something on the side of their tacos.
To serve these at a party, I just set up a buffet with all of my toppings.
Then people can choose which ones they want on their corn dog!
12. Salsa and Chips
If you’re looking for an easy finger food that goes well with tacos for a party, this salsa and chips recipe is perfect!
I like to make these in no time by using canned diced tomatoes and onions, but you can use fresh if you have them on hand.
You can also use store-bought tortilla chips instead of making your own—they’re just as delicious!
When I serve these at a party, I like to offer both mild and spicy salsas so everyone can choose their own heat level.
This way everyone can get what they want without having to make multiple batches of the same thing.
Chili cheesefries are one of my favorite finger foods to have with tacos.
They’re easy to make, they’re delicious and they go well with any kind of taco filling. I like to make my chili cheese fries with fresh toppings and fresh herbs.
I love adding fresh cilantro and green onions on top of the chili cheese fries.
But sometimes I’m too lazy to chop up all that stuff so I just use a handful of store bought salsa instead.
My favorite way to serve these at a party is in small bowls for people to serve themselves.
I’ll set out three different toppings—one with just sour cream (for those who don’t like chili), one with both chili and sour cream (for those who do), and one with just chili (for those who want it extra spicy).
That way everyone can get exactly what they want!
14. Fruit Platter
I love to make fruit platters for parties because they’re so easy and can be made in no time.
It’s also a great way to get your kids involved in cooking!
Here’s how I like to make this dish:
- I like to use fresh fruit on my platter, so I always buy them at the farmer’s market when they’re in season.
- I cut up peeled apples into cubes and then dip them in lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- I also cut up some grapes and arrange them on top of the apples.
- Finally, I sprinkle the whole thing with blueberries or raspberries (or both!) and serve it alongside some cheese or tortilla chips for dipping!
At parties, I make sure there are plenty of napkins on hand because people tend to get messy with their finger foods!
Salsa is another must-have for any taco lover—it just wouldn’t be right without it!
But not all salsas are created equal—you’ll want to make sure yours has some good heat and flavor to it so that your guests won’t be disappointed when they realize they have nothing else on their plate but cold tortillas and salsa (which isn’t exactly enough food to fill up an adult human being).
Cheese is pretty much always a good idea when it comes to tacos because it adds another layer of flavor and texture to your meal (which is always welcome).
You can choose from any variety of cheeses like cheddar, mozzarella, jack cheese or even feta or goat cheese if you want something different than what you’re used to eating with your tacos!
I love cornbread, and I love tacos.
So when I’m looking for a side dish that goes well with both, it’s hard to beat this recipe.
I usually make it in the oven, but this is also one of those recipes that you can make on the stovetop if you’re short on time or want to do something else while it cooks.
But since we’re talking about parties—and easy finger foods that go well with tacos—you might want to try making it in a skillet!
That way, you can cook up some caramelized onions and peppers while your cornbread is cooking up in the pan next to it.
Once those are ready (and your cornbread has been removed from the oven), toss them into your skillet with some chopped tomatoes and black beans, and heat through until hot.
Then serve it all together on top of tortillas!
It’s so good and so easy.
This makes a great appetizer or snack at parties because everyone loves tacos and everyone loves cornbread!
What Goes with Tacos for A Party? (17 Easy Foods)
- Cheese Quesadillas
- Cheese Fries
- Fried Cheese Cubes
- Mini Quiches
- Fried Pickles
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates
- Veggie Cups with Ranch Dressing
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Grilled Corn on The Cob
- Corn Dogs
- Salsa and Chips
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Fruit Platter
- Pick your favorite recipe from this list to serve at your taco party.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!