Lasagna roll-ups are a delicious and easy dinner option, but sometimes it can be tough to know what to serve with them.
You want something that is going to pair nicely with the flavors of the lasagna, but also something that won’t take too much time or effort.
So if you are wondering what sides to serve with lasagna roll ups, then you’ve come to the right place.
I’m sharing 7 of my favorite side dishes for lasagna roll ups, from salads to roasted vegetables and more.
Whether you’re looking for something light and fresh or something warm and comforting, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love!
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes with Lasagna Roll-Ups?
- Serving side dishes with lasagna roll-ups can add variety to the meal. Lasagna roll-ups are a classic Italian dish, but they can be quite heavy and rich on their own. Adding side dishes such as salads, roasted vegetables, or garlic bread can provide a lighter contrast to the heavier main course and make for a more balanced meal.
- Side dishes also offer an opportunity to incorporate different flavors into the meal that may not be present in the lasagna roll-ups themselves. For example, adding a salad with fresh herbs or roasted vegetables with balsamic vinegar will bring out different notes of flavor than what is found in the lasagna itself.
- Finally, serving side dishes alongside lasagna roll-ups allows diners to customize their meals according to their individual tastes and preferences. Some people may prefer more sauce on their pasta while others might want extra cheese; having sides available gives everyone at the table an opportunity to tailor their plate exactly how they like it!
What To Serve With Lasagna Roll Ups? 7 Best Side Dishes
Lasagna roll ups are a great way to enjoy the classic Italian dish without all the fuss of layering.
But what should you serve with them?
Here are seven delicious side dishes that will perfectly complement your lasagna roll-ups:
1. Garlic Bread
- What Is It? Garlic bread is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with lasagna roll ups. It is made by spreading butter, garlic, and herbs on slices of Italian or French bread and then toasting it in the oven until golden brown.
- Creative Serving Ideas: To make your garlic bread stand out, try adding some creative toppings such as grated cheese, chopped fresh herbs, or even diced tomatoes. You can also serve it with a variety of dipping sauces such as marinara sauce or pesto for an extra flavor boost. For a fun twist on the traditional recipe, try making garlic knots instead of slices – they are sure to be a hit!
- What Is It? A simple salad is a great accompaniment to lasagna roll ups. This type of salad typically consists of fresh greens, such as romaine lettuce or spinach, and other vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, and carrots. You can also add in some protein-rich ingredients like beans or nuts for an extra boost of nutrition. The dressing can be as simple as olive oil and vinegar or you can get creative with your favorite vinaigrette.
- Creative Serving Ideas: To make the salad more interesting and flavorful, try adding some herbs like basil or oregano to the mix. You could also top it off with crumbled feta cheese or shredded Parmesan for a salty kick. For a heartier side dish, add cooked quinoa or farro to the salad for added texture and flavor. If you’re looking for something sweet to balance out the savory flavors of the lasagna roll ups, try tossing in dried cranberries or diced apples into your salad!
- What Is It? Roasted vegetables are a delicious and healthy side dish that can be served with lasagna roll ups. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables, making them a great accompaniment to the savory flavors of lasagna. Vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes all work well when roasted.
- Creative Serving Ideas: To make your roasted vegetable side dish stand out from the crowd, try adding some creative touches. For example, you could top your roasted vegetables with fresh herbs like basil or oregano for an extra burst of flavor. You could also add some crumbled feta cheese or Parmesan cheese for a salty kick. Or you could drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top for a sweet-tart finish.
- What Is It? Sauteed mushrooms are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with lasagna roll ups. Mushrooms are sautéed in butter or oil until they become golden brown and tender. They can be seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, herbs, or other spices to add flavor.
- Creative Serving Ideas: Sauteed mushrooms can be served as is or used as an ingredient in other dishes such as omelets, risotto, pasta dishes, and more. For a unique twist on the traditional side dish, try adding some balsamic vinegar for a sweet-tart flavor or top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for added richness. You can also use them to top your lasagna roll ups for an extra layer of flavor!
- What Is It? Baked zucchini sticks are a delicious and healthy side dish that pairs perfectly with lasagna roll ups. The zucchini is cut into thin strips, lightly coated in breadcrumbs, and baked until golden brown. This simple preparation allows the natural flavor of the zucchini to shine through while adding a crunchy texture to the meal.
- Creative Serving Ideas: Baked zucchini sticks can be served as-is or with a variety of dipping sauces such as marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or garlic aioli. For an extra special touch, try topping them with grated Parmesan cheese or sprinkling them with fresh herbs like basil or oregano before baking. You can also get creative by stuffing the sticks with your favorite fillings such as ricotta cheese and spinach for an Italian twist on this classic side dish.
- What Is It? Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes are a delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with lasagna roll ups. The potatoes are roasted in garlic butter and sprinkled with parmesan cheese for an extra layer of flavor. They can be served as is, or topped with fresh herbs like parsley or chives for added color and flavor.
- Creative Serving Ideas: Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes can be served as a side dish to lasagna roll ups, but they also make a great appetizer when cut into bite-sized pieces and served on toothpicks. For an even more creative presentation, try stuffing the potatoes with your favorite fillings such as cheese, bacon bits, or diced vegetables before roasting them. You can also top them with sour cream or Greek yogurt for a creamy finish.
- What Is It? Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is a simple side dish that pairs perfectly with lasagna roll ups. The broccoli florets are tossed in olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese before being roasted in the oven until they are tender and golden brown.
- Creative Serving Ideas: To make this side dish even more special, try adding some additional ingredients such as toasted pine nuts or chopped fresh herbs like parsley or basil. You can also serve it with a dollop of ricotta cheese for added creaminess. For an extra kick of flavor, sprinkle some red pepper flakes over the top before serving.
In conclusion, lasagna roll ups can be a delicious and easy meal to make for any occasion.
To make it a complete meal, there are a variety of side dishes that can be served with lasagna roll ups.
Some of the best side dishes to serve with lasagna roll-ups are garlic bread, a simple salad, roasted vegetables, sautéed mushrooms, baked zucchini sticks, crispy garlic parmesan potatoes, and roasted broccoli with garlic and parmesan cheese.
These sides all provide a great balance to the rich, cheesy lasagna and will make the perfect accompaniment for a delicious meal.
What To Serve With Lasagna Roll-Ups? 7 Best Side Dishes
- Garlic Bread
- A Simple Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Baked Zucchini Sticks
- Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 25 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.