Bruce loves yams, and so should you! These Bruce’s Canned Yams Recipes will help you get into the holiday spirit by adding a new canned vegetable to your pantry.
Yams are among the most versatile and delicious vegetables that you can add to your meal plan. They are full of vitamin C, fiber, and are a great source of potassium.
They are also one of the easiest vegetables to cook. If you don’t have a lot of time to prepare your meal, canned yams recipes are the perfect solution.
You don’t need to worry about having a bunch of fresh yams growing in the garden or digging them out of the freezer aisle at the grocery store.
These recipes will show you how to use cans of yams in a variety of ways and make you wonder why you haven’t been using them for so long.
Don’t let the name fool you. These yams are delicious and versatile!
Why Consider Using Canned Yams Instead of Fresh Yams?
Fresh yams are an incredibly delicious treat.
They have a unique texture and flavor that no other food can compare to.
Unfortunately, fresh yams are not easy to come by and can often be quite expensive.
Therefore, if you want to enjoy fresh yams, you may need to look for a different meal or dish.
However, if you’re not interested in eating fresh yams, you can always opt for canned yams.
Canned yams are a great alternative to fresh yams because they don’t require a lot of preparation.
Plus, they can be found at most grocery stores, and they’re affordable.
Canned yams are also a great option because they’re shelf-stable and can last for a long time.
If you decide to go with canned yams, then you’ll want to be sure that the cans are of good quality.
If the yams in your cans are old and moldy, then they won’t taste like fresh yams.
To ensure that your yams are of good quality, make sure to check the expiration date on the can.
If it’s past its expiration date, throw it out.
It’s important to remember that canned yams are not fresh, so don’t expect them to taste exactly the same as fresh yams.
However, they will still be tasty, and they’ll work well in many different dishes.
17 Bruce’s Canned Yams Recipes
This is a list of my favorite Bruce’s canned yams recipes. All of these are pretty easy to make and are great to have on hand for the upcoming winter months.
1. Baked Pork Chops with Yams and Apples
When you need a hearty, comforting meal that’s easy to prepare, this Baked Pork Chops with Yams and Apples recipe is a winner! A classic dish that will be loved by your family and friends, this is sure to become a family favorite!
I love this recipe for its versatility! I can imagine this being a great recipe for holiday meals, since it is not only simple, but also makes a hearty, healthy main dish! With a recipe like this, it will be easy to switch out the pork chops for chicken or turkey, and swap the apples for pears or plums!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Baked Pork Chops:
- Use a skillet instead of a pot to make it easier to brown the pork chops.
- Cook the potatoes separately before combining them with the yams. This way, the potatoes will be tender and fluffy.
- Freeze leftovers for later. You won’t have to worry about eating your leftovers cold!
2. Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from Canned Yams
Canned yams may not be as exciting as fresh, but they are definitely worth a try. If you’re looking for an easy and quick recipe that’s full of flavor, this one will hit the spot. The secret is to use a slow cooker for cooking the dish, which will ensure the best taste!
Use this recipe for your next holiday meal, or anytime you want a cozy and comforting casserole that is super easy to prepare.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making the Best Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Make sure your sweet potatoes are cooked before adding the other ingredients.
- Add plenty of spices for extra flavor.
- Cook the casserole in the slow cooker for 8 hours, to get the most delicious results.
3. Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Casserole
If you’ve never tried this canned yams recipe, you’re in for a treat! This is one of the best canned yams recipes around. It’s full of protein, which is great for your health and can be served with anything from green beans to broccoli.
The slow cooker makes it effortless and easy to prepare, and the yams are so creamy and delicious that it will be hard to stop eating them!
4. Yam Jam
This canned yam jam is so versatile! It’s so easy to make, and it can be used as a topping on breads, salads, or veggies. You’ll love the way it adds a new dimension of flavor to your meals. As an added bonus, it’s also so healthy!
Yams are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, and this yam jam is no exception. Learn how to make this easy and versatile yam jam recipe now!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Yam Jam:
- To speed up the cooking process, simmer the yams in water until soft.
- Allow the cooked yams to cool completely before adding to the jam.
- Don’t add any sugar.
5. Yam Soup
Yams are a delicious root vegetable that can be found in many markets and supermarkets. They are a perfect choice for your next soup, as they have a sweet taste that pairs well with savory flavors.
This yam soup is one of the easiest canned yam recipes to make, so it’s a perfect recipe for when you want to impress your family with a simple, yet delicious dish. The best part about this recipe is that it is simple, so you don’t need to spend too much time getting it ready. So, go on, make this soup now!
It will take a few minutes to get the yams ready, but once you start making it, you will soon realize how much time you have saved.
Here Are 2 Tips For Making A Perfect Yam Soup:
- Add the yams after the onions and other ingredients have been prepared. This helps the yams to cook faster.
- Cook the yams slowly and add salt towards the end of cooking, as they tend to absorb more salt than other foods.
6. Yam Cake
This cake looks simple, but trust us, it’s a keeper!
Who knew canned yams could be so versatile?
We love this yam cake recipe because it is a great way to use up some of those last cans of canned yams. After all, it’s a tasty dessert, and it will impress everyone who tastes it.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making A Fluffy Yam Cake:
- Make sure to get the right ratio of yams to flour to avoid the cake being too dense.
- Add a touch of butter or oil to the yam mixture for extra flavor and tenderness.
- Bake the cake for an hour and 15 minutes to make it soft and flaky.
7. Canned Yam Casserole with Marshmallows
You may think that canned yams are only good for breakfast, but we know better. Here’s a yam dish that has all of your favorite flavors, like cinnamon and marshmallows, wrapped up in a delicious, comforting casserole.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Casserole:
- Go with the canned yams with the thickest syrup. If the syrup is thinner, they will taste watery.
- Use real vanilla extract instead of imitation or other flavorings.
- Keep the oven at a low heat for best results.
8. Yam Souffle
Yam souffles are a great way to enjoy sweet yams on a busy weeknight. In addition, they are healthier than traditional dessert recipes, which rely on high-fat cream and sugary frosting.
This recipe for canned yams souffle is incredibly easy to make, tastes great, and will be a hit with everyone at your next party. So, pick up some canned yams and get cooking!
Here are 3 tips to help you make the best recipe:
- Thaw frozen yams and drain before using.
- Puree yams until smooth for easy mixing.
- Sprinkle the souffle with cinnamon and serve it warm.
9. Yam Biscuits
If you love yams as much as we do, then this is the perfect yam recipe for you! This biscuit is so delicious, you’ll wonder why you ever bought fresh yams previously.
There’s no question this biscuit is healthy — it has just over two whole servings of canned yam in it, and you can serve it as a side dish, a snack, or a main course at dinner.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s so easy and quick to make.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Biscuits:
- Be sure to use canned yams when making this recipe!
- Try to get crisp golden brown biscuits.
- If you like crunchy biscuits, bake them for an extra minute.
10. Yam Muffins
Yams are so versatile and delicious in so many different ways. And there are so many varieties of yams you can find in the grocery store, from sweet potatoes to garnet yams to gold yams.
One of the best canned yam recipes is for this yummy muffin recipe. These muffins are moist, fluffy, and delicious, and they’re perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or any time of day.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Canned Yams Muffins:
- Use a large muffin tin for the most muffins out of one batch.
- Keep in mind that the baking time will vary based on the yam variety used.
- To ensure muffins stay moist and flavorful, cover with foil while they’re cooking to prevent them from drying out.
11. Yam Bars
This is a great way to enjoy yams any time of day, with or without dessert. Canned yams are versatile, so feel free to add more ingredients, such as peanuts, raisins, or cinnamon, depending on what you have on hand.
We love these yam bars because they are chock-full of nutrients and deliciousness. And they’re easy to make, making them the perfect go-to snack for busy days!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Yams Bars:
- Add more spices and nuts if you want.
- For a healthier version, swap out the butter for olive oil or avocado.
- Serve them warm with a dollop of cream cheese.
12. Baked Candied Yams
This yummy baked candied yam recipe is a crowd-pleaser for any occasion, from a holiday meal to a family gathering. It tastes great and it’s easy to make, plus it’s a great dish to serve as a side dish to any main course.
It’s a perfect choice for a healthy and delicious meal! You will also be amazed at the end result of this easy recipe!
Here Are 2 Tips For Making the Best Baked Candied Yams:
- Bake the yams ahead of time.
- To make this recipe even tastier, top with your favorite icing or dipping sauce!
What is it about milkshakes that make them so special? They are rich, creamy, and sweet, but they are also versatile. Whether you love milk, like us, or you’re a vegan or gluten-free, this recipe has you covered!
It’s easy to make and is a gluten-free treat that’s perfect for all ages. The purple color comes from sweet purple yams, making this a fun and healthy dessert option.
Try this tasty milkshake in your blender instead of regular milkshakes when you need a treat that will give your body what it needs.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making This Purple Sweet Canned Yam Milkshake:
- Blend it up for a thicker consistency, or mix it in a shaker cup for a more milkshake-like consistency.
- Add a little honey or sugar to give the milkshake a boost of sweetness.
- Keep it dairy-free by omitting the milk and using almond milk instead.
14. Mashed Yams
Everyone’s favorite comfort food – mashed yams, is not just for holiday feasts. You can whip up this versatile dish year-round, when the taste of fall has you craving warmth. If you love yams and sweet potatoes, we think you’ll love this recipe, too.
The creamy mashed yam recipe is simple, healthy, and packed with nutrients. It’s a great side dish, or even a main meal! Make a batch of this delicious and nutritious recipe to keep in your pantry and you’ll always be prepared to enjoy yams in every way you want.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making Mashed Yams:
- Use a hand blender or food processor to make sure the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add in any spices or seasonings you like to create your own unique flavor.
- Freeze leftover mashed yams to use as a quick side dish whenever you need it.
15. Canned Yam Salad
This salad packs a huge amount of nutrients into a small portion, making it a great way to get some extra veggies into your diet. The yams in this recipe are canned, so they are convenient to prepare, too!
They taste just as good as the fresh kind and will satisfy any craving for sweet potatoes. They are also great for breakfast, so don’t be surprised if your kids ask for a bowlful at breakfast time. Make it your own by swapping the spices and herbs for your favorites!
It’s also a great way to use up the leftovers in your pantry, so it’s time to break out the can opener and start whipping up some more yams!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making Yams Salad:
- Use all kinds of greens to add nutrition and flavor.
- Add whatever other vegetables you like best to round out the flavor.
- Serve it as a side dish, salad, or snack.
16. Yam Balls
Yam balls are the perfect way to get kids interested in vegetables. This recipe is a great starting point for helping them discover new foods, and even for getting them to eat their vegetables. Kids love these easy and nutritious treats!
And they are a great source of protein and fiber. This easy canned yam recipe makes about 10 yam balls, so you’ll have some for breakfast or snacks throughout the day. They taste great cold, warm, or even reheated.
Simply bake, microwave, or boil them, then top with a little milk or yogurt and enjoy.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Yam Balls:
- Make sure the ingredients are measured correctly.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar for an extra kick!
- Use fresh ingredients to get the best flavor and texture.
17. Yam Sugar Cookies
Yam sugar cookies are soft and chewy, just like their name. They are a wonderful treat to munch on, and they taste great as an after-school snack or a healthy alternative to traditional cookie recipes.
Here’s what makes them so unique: They’re made from canned yams, which have a sweet, creamy texture and a hint of spice. The cookies can be baked in the oven, or, if you prefer a different kind of treat, you can use your slow cooker.
They make a perfect quick-and-easy dessert that will give your family the nutrients and satisfaction that they need!
Here Are 3 Tips:
- The best part about this recipe is that you can use canned yams, instead of having to buy fresh ones.
- If you don’t have time to bake, you can use your slow cooker for a healthier option.
- Make sure to add in the yams whole, so they’re easier to taste.
17 Bruce’s Canned Yams Recipes
- Baked Pork Chops with Yams and Apples
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from Canned Yams
- Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Casserole
- Yam Jam
- Yam Soup
- Yam Cake
- Canned Yam Casserole with Marshmallows
- Yam Souffle
- Yam Biscuits
- Yam Muffins
- Yam Bars
- Baked Candied Yams
- Purple Sweet Yam Milkshake (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Mashed Yams
- Canned Yam Salad
- Yam Balls
- Yam Sugar Cookies
- Pick any of these easy recipes for your next dinner!
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy your meal in no time.