Most people know that what you serve with the main dish can make or break the meal.
But what they might not know is that the side dishes you choose can have a major impact on the flavor and texture of the entrée.
For example, if you’re serving broccoli fritters, you’ll want to pair them with a side that brings out the best in the dish.
For more ideas, keep scrolling!
Why Consider Serving A Side Dish with Broccoli Fritters?
If you’re looking for a delicious way to eat your veggies, broccoli fritters are a great option.
They’re crispy, flavorful, and easy to make.
And, they’re even better when served with a side dish.
Here are some reasons why you should consider serving a side dish with your broccoli fritters:
- A side dish can help round out the meal.
- It can provide a contrast in texture, flavor, and nutrients.
- It can add color and visual appeal to the plate.
- It can be a healthy way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet.
So, next time you make broccoli fritters, be sure to serve them with a delicious side dish.
Your taste buds will thank you!
What to Serve with Broccoli Fritters?
There are many dishes that you can serve with broccoli fritters, but some of the most popular include mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, grilled chicken, fish, or beef. You can also serve them with a variety of dipping sauces, such as ketchup, mayonnaise, honey mustard, or ranch dressing.
The following 10 side dishes are perfect for broccoli fritters:
1. Roasted Broccoli With Parmesan
This recipe for roasted broccoli with Parmesan is a delicious and easy side dish that goes well with almost any main course.
The broccoli is roasted in the oven until tender and then topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
The cheese adds a delicious salty flavor to the broccoli, and the parsley gives it a nice herby aroma.
2. Sautéed Broccolini with Garlic
The taste, texture, smell, and flavors of this recipe are all amazing.
The broccoli is sautéed until it is tender and then garlic is added for a delicious flavor.
This dish pairs perfectly with grilled chicken or fish, and it also goes well with a variety of dipping sauces.
The garlic gives the dish a nice aroma and the broccolini a delicious flavor.
3. Easy Fried Rice
The easy fried rice recipe is a delicious and easy side dish that can be served with almost any main course.
The rice is cooked until it is tender and then mixed with vegetables and soy sauce.
The soy sauce adds a delicious salty flavor to the rice, and the vegetables add a variety of textures and flavors.
This dish pairs well with grilled chicken, fish, or beef.
4. Quinoa Pilaf with Toasted Almonds
Quinoa pilaf with toasted almonds is a delicious and healthy side dish that goes well with veggie fritters.
The nutty flavor of the quinoa pairs perfectly with the crispy fritters, and the toasted almonds add a lovely crunch.
You can also add other ingredients to the pilaf, such as dried cranberries or chopped fresh parsley.
For tips on making this dish even more delicious, be sure to toast the almonds in a dry skillet until they are golden brown.
You can also cook the quinoa in vegetable broth for extra flavor.
5. Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect side dish for a number of reasons:
- First, it’s incredibly easy to make. All you need is bread and cheese, plus a little bit of butter or oil to help the bread toast up nicely.
- Second, grilled cheese is endlessly versatile. You can experiment with different cheeses and breads to create all sorts of flavor combinations. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even add other ingredients to the mix, like bacon, avocado, or tomato.
- Third, grilled cheese is always a hit with kids and adults alike. Who doesn’t love a melty, gooey sandwich?
So next time you’re looking for an easy side dish that will please everyone at the table, give grilled cheese a try!
6. One-Pot Bacon Broccoli Pasta
When it comes to side dishes, sometimes less is more.
That’s why one-pot bacon broccoli pasta is the perfect option for a busy weeknight.
This dish is packed with flavor, thanks to the savory bacon and the fresh broccoli.
And because everything is cooked in one pot, there’s no need to dirty up extra dishes.
Best of all, this dish can be easily customized to suit your taste.
For example, you can add extra vegetables, like mushrooms or kale.
Or, if you’re looking for a bit of a kick, you can add red pepper flakes or diced jalapeños.
Whatever ingredients you choose, one-pot bacon broccoli pasta is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
7. Skillet Shepherd’s Pie
Skillet shepherd’s pie is a great and easy side dish to make for a few reasons.
- First, it’s packed with flavor. The combination of ground beef, onions, garlic, carrots, and peas is deliciously savory, and the addition of rosemary and thyme adds a touch of earthiness.
- Second, it has a wonderful mix of textures. The creamy mashed potatoes contrast nicely with the chunks of beef and vegetables, and the whole dish is held together by a rich gravy.
- Finally, this dish is extremely versatile. You can easily swap out the beef for lamb or chicken, add additional vegetables like corn or green beans, or even top it with cheese for an extra- creamy version.
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or an impressive dish to serve at a dinner party, skillet shepherd’s pie is sure to please.
8. Creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
When it comes to side dishes, mashed potatoes are a classic for a reason.
They’re flavorful, versatile, and relatively easy to make.
But if you’re short on time or feeling lazy, conventional mashed potatoes can seem like too much of a hassle.
That’s where creamy slow cooker mashed potatoes come in.
This dish is designed to be made in a slow cooker, which means that you can set it and forget it while you focus on other things.
And because it’s made with cream cheese and sour cream, it’s guaranteed to be rich and delicious.
If you’re looking for a simple yet crowd-pleasing side dish, look no further than creamy slow cooker mashed potatoes.
9. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
Anyone who’s ever turned their nose up at brussels sprouts has probably never had them roasted with balsamic glaze.
This dish is not only super easy to make, but it’s also delicious and full of amazing flavors.
The key to making this dish perfect is to roast the sprouts until they’re slightly browned and charred around the edges.
This gives them a beautiful crispy texture that pairs perfectly with the sweet and tangy balsamic glaze.
To take this dish to the next level, try adding some shredded Parmesan cheese or crumbled bacon on top.
Your family and friends will be begging for seconds!
10. Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry
Cauliflower rice stir-fry is a great and easy side dish to make because it is full of flavors.
You can add other ingredients to this dish to make it even more delicious.
Tips for making this side dish super delicious: add more garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
When cooking the cauliflower rice, make sure to cook it until it is slightly crispy.
This will give the dish a great texture.
These ten easy side dishes are the perfect way to round out any meal.
Whether you’re looking for something savory and comforting or something light and fresh, there’s sure to be a dish here that fits the bill.
So next time you’re wondering what to serve with broccoli fritters, don’t worry – you can use one of these!
What to Serve with Broccoli Fritters (10 Best Sides)
- Roasted Broccoli With Parmesan
- Sautéed Broccolini with Garlic
- Easy Fried Rice
- Quinoa Pilaf with Toasted Almonds
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- One-Pot Bacon Broccoli Pasta
- Skillet Shepherd's Pie
- Creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your fritters.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.