Are you wondering what to serve with broccoli cheese soup?
This comforting and creamy soup is a favorite in our house, but I often struggle with what sides to pair it with.
So if you are looking for some delicious side dishes that will complement your bowl of broccoli cheese soup, then you have come to the right place.
I’ve rounded up 15 of the best side dishes to serve with broccoli cheese soup including salads, sandwiches, roasted vegetables, breads, and more.
From quick and easy ideas to more elaborate sides, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
Read Also: What Salad Goes with Broccoli Cheese Soup? (12 Best Salads)
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes with Broccoli Cheese Soup?
- Serving side dishes with broccoli cheese soup can add variety and texture to the meal. For example, a crunchy salad or slaw can provide a nice contrast to the creamy soup, while adding freshness and nutrition.
- Side dishes can also help balance out the flavors of the soup by introducing complementary ingredients such as herbs, spices, and other vegetables that may not be included in the soup itself. This will give your dish more depth of flavor and make it more interesting for diners.
- Finally, serving side dishes with broccoli cheese soup is an easy way to stretch out a single pot of soup into multiple servings without having to double or triple up on ingredients like cheese or cream—which could make your dish too rich or heavy for some people’s tastes. Adding sides like breads, salads, roasted vegetables, etc., allows you to serve larger portions without overdoing it on any one ingredient!
What To Serve With Broccoli Cheese Soup? 15 Best Side Dishes
Broccoli cheese soup is a classic comfort food, but it can be hard to know what to serve alongside it.
Here are fifteen side dishes that will pair perfectly with your broccoli cheese soup, offering a complete and delicious meal:
1 – Garlic Bread Hot Dogs
- What Is It? Garlic bread hot dogs are a delicious twist on the classic comfort food. They are made by wrapping a hot dog in garlic bread dough and baking it until golden brown. The result is a savory, cheesy treat that pairs perfectly with broccoli cheese soup.
- Pairing Them Together: Broccoli cheese soup and garlic bread hot dogs make for an unbeatable combination. The creamy, cheesy soup complements the savory flavor of the garlic bread-wrapped hot dog, while the crunchy texture of the garlic bread adds an extra layer of texture to each bite. Serve them together as part of a comforting meal or as an appetizer at your next gathering!
2 – Potato and Leek Waffles with Avocado Dip
- What Is It? Potato and leek waffles are a savory twist on the classic breakfast waffle. They are made with mashed potatoes, shredded leeks, and cheese, then cooked in a waffle iron until golden brown. The result is a crispy exterior with a soft interior that pairs perfectly with creamy avocado dip.
- Pairing Them Together: Potato and leek waffles make an excellent side dish for broccoli cheese soup. The crunchy texture of the waffles contrasts nicely with the creamy soup, while the flavors of potato and leek complement each other well. To complete the meal, serve it alongside an easy-to-make avocado dip made from mashed avocados, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. This combination of flavors will create a delicious balance between savory and tangy that will be sure to please everyone at your table!
3 – Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread (Pull Apart Bread)
- What Is It? Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread, also known as Pull Apart Bread, is a savory bread made with cheese and garlic. It’s usually baked in a round loaf or in individual rolls. The dough is made from yeast, flour, butter, salt, sugar, and warm water. The cheese and garlic are added to the dough before baking for an extra flavor boost.
- Pairing Them Together: Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread pairs perfectly with broccoli cheese soup! The cheesy flavor of the bread complements the creamy texture of the soup while the garlic adds a nice kick. Serve it alongside your favorite crackers or chips for an easy side dish that will make your meal complete!
4 – Garlic Chive Mashed Potato Puffins
- What Is It? Garlic Chive Mashed Potato Puffins are a delicious side dish that can be served with broccoli cheese soup. They are made by combining mashed potatoes, garlic, chives, and butter in a bowl and then spooning the mixture into muffin tins. The potato puffs are then baked until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Pairing Them Together: Garlic Chive Mashed Potato Puffins make an excellent accompaniment to broccoli cheese soup. The creamy texture of the mashed potatoes pairs perfectly with the rich flavor of the soup, while the garlic and chives add a subtle hint of flavor that complements without overpowering. Serve these tasty potato puffs alongside your favorite broccoli cheese soup recipe for a comforting meal that is sure to please!
5 – Autumn Harvest Honeycrisp Apple and Feta Salad
What Is It?
Garlic Chive Mashed Potato Puffins are a delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with broccoli cheese soup.
They are made from mashed potatoes, garlic, chives, and butter that is formed into small puffs and then baked until golden brown.
The result is a savory side dish with a crunchy exterior and creamy interior.
Ways To Pair Them Together
- Serve the Garlic Chive Mashed Potato Puffins alongside the soup for an easy meal.
- Top the puffins with grated cheese before baking for an extra cheesy flavor to pair with the soup.
- Add some diced ham or bacon to the puffin mixture before baking for added protein and flavor in your meal.
- Drizzle some of the soup over top of each puffin for an extra flavorful bite!
- Serve them as part of a larger spread along with other sides like roasted vegetables or salad greens to round out your meal.
6 – Ham, Apple, and Swiss Panini
- What Is It? A ham, apple, and Swiss panini is a classic sandwich that combines the flavors of salty ham, sweet apples, and creamy Swiss cheese. The ingredients are layered between two slices of bread and then grilled in a panini press or skillet until golden brown and crispy.
- Dinner Ideas Using These Two Dishes: Broccoli cheese soup and a ham, apple, and Swiss panini make for an easy yet delicious dinner. Serve the soup with crusty bread or crackers on the side for dipping. For an extra special touch, top each bowl of soup with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled bacon bits. The paninis can be served as-is or cut into smaller pieces to serve as appetizers alongside the soup. To round out the meal, add a simple green salad dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.
7 – Low Carb Turkey Roll-Up
- What Is It? A low carb turkey roll-up is a simple and delicious dish that can be served as an accompaniment to broccoli cheese soup. The roll-up consists of thinly sliced deli turkey, cream cheese, and vegetables such as spinach or bell peppers rolled up in a tortilla wrap.
- Why Serve This Dish? Low carb turkey roll-ups are a great way to add some variety to your meal while still keeping it healthy. They are also easy to make ahead of time and can be served cold or heated up for a warm side dish. The combination of the creamy cheese, crunchy vegetables, and savory turkey makes this dish both flavorful and satisfying.
8 – Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- What Is It? Bacon wrapped asparagus is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with broccoli cheese soup. The combination of salty bacon and crunchy asparagus creates an irresistible flavor profile. To make this dish, simply wrap each piece of asparagus in a strip of bacon and bake until the bacon is crispy.
- Why Serve This Dish? Bacon wrapped asparagus is an easy way to add some extra flavor to your meal. The smoky, salty taste of the bacon complements the earthy flavor of the asparagus, while also adding a bit of crunch to contrast with the creamy texture of the soup. Plus, it’s quick and easy to prepare!
9 – Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- What Is It? Broccoli and cheddar quiche is a savory tart made with a buttery pastry crust, eggs, cream, broccoli florets, and sharp cheddar cheese. The combination of flavors creates a rich and creamy dish that can be served as an appetizer or main course.
- Varieties: There are many variations on the classic broccoli and cheddar quiche recipe. For example, you can add bacon for extra flavor or use different types of cheese such as Gruyere or Swiss. You can also substitute other vegetables such as mushrooms or spinach for the broccoli. If you’re looking to make it even more indulgent, try adding some crumbled blue cheese to the mix!
10 – Balsamic roasted broccoli salad with garlic
- What Is It? Balsamic roasted broccoli salad with garlic is a delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with creamy soups like broccoli cheese. The dish consists of fresh broccoli florets tossed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic before being roasted in the oven until tender and lightly charred. The result is a flavorful, crunchy salad that adds texture and flavor to any meal.
- Varieties: This recipe can be easily adapted to suit your tastes or dietary needs. For a vegan version, simply omit the Parmesan cheese or replace it with nutritional yeast for an extra cheesy flavor. You can also add other vegetables such as bell peppers or cauliflower for more color and texture. If you’re looking for some heat, try adding red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos to the mix!
11 – Caprese Skewers
- What Is It? Caprese skewers are a simple and delicious appetizer or side dish that pairs perfectly with broccoli cheese soup. They consist of cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls, and basil leaves threaded onto wooden skewers. The ingredients are then drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper for added flavor.
- Varieties: There are many variations on the classic caprese skewer recipe. For example, you can add other vegetables such as bell peppers or zucchini to the mix. You can also switch out the mozzarella for feta cheese or use different herbs such as oregano or thyme instead of basil. Finally, you can experiment with different types of vinegars such as white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar in place of balsamic vinegar.
12 – Herbed Pita Chips
- What Is It? Herbed pita chips are a crunchy, flavorful snack made from pita bread. The bread is cut into triangles and then baked until crisp. They can be served as an appetizer or side dish with dips, spreads, or soups.
- Varieties: Herbed pita chips come in a variety of flavors including garlic, onion, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and basil. Some brands also offer flavored versions such as jalapeno-cheddar or honey-mustard. Pita chips can also be seasoned with salt and pepper for a more savory flavor profile. Serve herbed pita chips alongside broccoli cheese soup for a delicious combination of creamy soup and crunchy snacks!
13 – Cheesy Garlic Bread
- What Is It? Cheesy garlic bread is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with broccoli cheese soup. It’s made by topping slices of Italian or French bread with butter, garlic, and cheese before baking in the oven until golden brown and bubbly. The result is a delicious combination of crunchy, garlicky toast topped with melted cheese.
- Varieties: There are many variations on cheesy garlic bread that can be used to add variety to your meal. For example, you can use different types of cheeses such as mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, or even blue cheese for a more pungent flavor. You can also add herbs like oregano or basil for an extra layer of flavor. If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding bacon bits or diced jalapenos for a spicy kick!
14 – Scalloped Potatoes
- What Is It? Scalloped potatoes are a classic side dish made with thinly sliced potatoes, cream, and cheese. The potatoes are layered in a baking dish and baked until golden brown and bubbly. The creamy sauce helps to keep the potatoes moist while they bake, resulting in a rich and flavorful side dish that pairs perfectly with broccoli cheese soup.
- Varieties: There are many variations of scalloped potatoes that can be made to suit any taste. For example, you can add bacon or ham for extra flavor, or use different types of cheeses such as cheddar or Gruyere for added richness. You can also mix in vegetables such as onions or mushrooms for an even heartier side dish. No matter what ingredients you choose to include, scalloped potatoes make the perfect accompaniment to your favorite broccoli cheese soup recipe!
15 – Cornbread with Honey Butter
- What Is It? Cornbread with honey butter is a classic side dish to serve alongside broccoli cheese soup. The cornbread is made from a combination of cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and other ingredients that are mixed together and baked in the oven. The honey butter is simply a mixture of softened butter and honey that can be spread on top of the warm cornbread for added flavor.
- Varieties: There are many different varieties of cornbread that can be served alongside broccoli cheese soup. Some recipes call for adding jalapenos or cheddar cheese to the batter for an extra kick of flavor. Others suggest using buttermilk instead of regular milk for a richer texture. For those looking to add some sweetness, try adding dried cranberries or diced apples to the batter before baking. No matter which variation you choose, it’s sure to be delicious!
In conclusion, broccoli cheese soup is a delicious and hearty meal that can be served with a variety of side dishes.
The best sides to serve with broccoli cheese soup are garlic bread hot dogs, potato and leek waffles, cheese and garlic crack bread, cheese mashed potato puffs, Honeycrisp apple salad, ham, apple, and Swiss panini, tortilla wrapped sandwich, bacon wrapped asparagus, broccoli and cheddar quiche, roasted broccoli and carrot salad, caprese skewers, herbed pita chips, and cheesy garlic bread.
These sides are all flavorful and easy to prepare and will be sure to have your guests asking for seconds.
With these 12 side dishes, you can enjoy the perfect meal with broccoli cheese soup.
13 Sandwiches That Go with Broccoli Cheese Soup
How to Thicken Broccoli Cheese Soup (12 Easy Ways)
What To Serve With Broccoli Cheese Soup? 15 Best Side Dishes
- Garlic Bread Hot Dogs
- Potato and Leek Waffles with Avocado Dip
- Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread (Pull Apart Bread)
- Garlic Chive Mashed Potato Puffins
- Autumn Harvest Honeycrisp Apple and Feta Salad
- Ham, Apple, and Swiss Panini
- Low Carb Turkey Roll-Up
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- Balsamic roasted broccoli salad with garlic
- Caprese Skewers
- Herbed Pita Chips
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Cornbread with Honey Butter
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 30 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.