Hey there, fellow foodies and beer lovers!
Are you ready for a treat that will tickle your taste buds and knock your socks off?
Look no further than beer bread, the quick and easy bread that’s perfect for lazy afternoons, impromptu parties, or just satisfying your carb cravings.
But here’s the thing: beer bread is so damn good on its own that it deserves a side dish that can keep up with its awesomeness.
That’s why I’m here to save the day (or the night, depending on when you’re reading this) with a collection of the 23 best side dishes that will take your beer bread game to the next level.
Whether you’re a classic type, a spicy lover, a sweet tooth, or an international explorer, I’ve got you covered.
So grab a cold one, warm up your oven, and let’s get cooking!
What To Serve With Beer Bread? 23 Best Side Dishes
Beer bread is a delicious treat, but it can be difficult to decide what sides to serve with it.
To make the decision easier, here are 23 of the best side dishes to pair with your beer bread:
Classic Side Dishes
Let’s start with the classics, shall we?
These side dishes have been paired with bread for centuries, and for good reason: they work.
When you’re looking for a comforting, hearty, and delicious side dish to serve with your beer bread, you can’t go wrong with these options:
- Soup: Whether you prefer tomato soup, vegetable soup, or a hearty chili, a warm bowl of soup is the perfect complement to beer bread. The soft texture of the bread soaks up the flavorful broth, while the crusty exterior adds a satisfying crunch.
- Salad: If you want to balance out the richness of the bread with some greens, a salad is the way to go. You can go for a classic Caesar salad, a Greek salad, or a simple mixed greens salad with a tangy vinaigrette. The freshness of the vegetables and the acidity of the dressing will provide a nice contrast to the bread’s sweetness.
- Cheese plate: Who doesn’t love cheese? A cheese plate with a variety of cheeses, crackers, and fruits is a simple and elegant way to elevate your beer bread game. You can go for a classic cheddar, a tangy goat cheese, a creamy brie, or a funky blue cheese, and let your taste buds do the rest.
- Butter and jam: Sometimes, less is more. A slice of warm beer bread with a generous spread of butter and your favorite jam is a match made in heaven. Whether you prefer strawberry, raspberry, or apricot, the fruity sweetness will complement the bread’s malty flavor and the butter will make it even more indulgent.
Savory Side Dishes
Are you looking to add a little more pizzazz to your beer bread side dish game?
Look no further than these savory options that will bring some serious flavor to the party:
- Cheese dip: Move over, cheese plate – there’s a new cheese sheriff in town. A warm and gooey cheese dip, like queso or spinach and artichoke dip, is the perfect partner for beer bread. The rich and creamy dip pairs perfectly with the soft and slightly sweet bread, making for a truly indulgent snack.
- Veggie skewers: Just because you’re indulging in bread and dip doesn’t mean you can’t get your veggies in. Skewer some colorful veggies, like cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and zucchini, and grill them until they’re slightly charred. The smoky and slightly crunchy veggies will balance out the soft bread and rich dip.
- Roasted garlic: If you’re a garlic lover, you know that roasted garlic is the ultimate treat. Simply roast a head of garlic in the oven until it’s soft and sweet, and spread the cloves over the warm bread. The garlic will complement the beer’s malty notes and the bread’s sweetness, creating a savory and aromatic bite.
- Bruschetta: Ah, bruschetta – the perfect Italian antipasto. Top slices of toasted beer bread with diced tomatoes, basil, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil, and you’ll be transported to the streets of Rome. The juicy and fresh tomatoes will contrast the bread’s density and the garlic will add a sharp bite.
Sweet Side Dishes
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you know that no meal is complete without a little something sweet.
And when it comes to pairing with beer bread, these sweet side dishes are the perfect fit:
- Fruit salad: What’s better than a bowl of fresh, juicy fruit? A bowl of fresh, juicy fruit with beer bread, that’s what. Cut up your favorite fruits, like berries, melon, and kiwi, and toss them together for a refreshing and healthy side dish that will balance out the bread’s sweetness.
- Apple butter: If you’re in the mood for something a little more indulgent, spread some apple butter on your beer bread. The sweet and spiced spread pairs perfectly with the bread’s malty flavor, creating a warm and cozy bite that’s perfect for fall.
- Chocolate spread: For the chocoholics out there, a chocolate spread is the answer to all your problems. Spread some Nutella, chocolate ganache, or peanut butter chocolate spread on your beer bread, and you’ll be in dessert heaven. The chocolate’s richness will contrast the bread’s sweetness and the beer’s bitterness, creating a complex and decadent bite.
- Cinnamon sugar butter: If you’re in the mood for something simple and comforting, whip up some cinnamon sugar butter to spread on your bread. Mix together butter, cinnamon, and sugar, and slather it on warm beer bread. The cinnamon’s warmth and the sugar’s sweetness will create a cozy and familiar flavor that’s perfect for a lazy afternoon.
Spicy Side Dishes
If you’re the kind of person who likes to live on the edge (and on the spicier side of life), these side dishes are perfect for you.
These fiery and flavorful options will add some heat to your beer bread:
- Jalapeno poppers: If you can handle the heat, jalapeno poppers are the perfect complement to beer bread. Stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar, and baked until crispy and bubbly, these poppers will make your taste buds dance. The jalapeno’s spiciness and the cheese’s creaminess will balance out the bread’s sweetness, creating a perfect bite.
- Buffalo wings: Who says beer bread has to be a side dish for a meal? Why not make it a meal in itself by pairing it with some buffalo wings? The spicy and tangy sauce will cut through the bread’s sweetness and the beer’s bitterness, creating a perfectly balanced snack.
- Spicy pickles: If you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish, look no further than spicy pickles. The vinegary and crunchy pickles will contrast the bread’s softness, while the spice will add a kick that will wake up your taste buds.
- Hot sauce: Sometimes, the simplest things are the best things. If you’re a hot sauce lover, try drizzling some on your beer bread for a spicy and flavorful bite. The hot sauce’s heat will balance out the bread’s sweetness, while the vinegar will cut through the beer’s bitterness.
Vegetarian Side Dishes
Whether you’re a full-time vegetarian, a part-time flexitarian, or just someone who likes to get their greens in, these side dishes will satisfy your appetite and your taste buds.
These vegetarian options will pair perfectly with your beer bread:
- Hummus: Is there anything better than a warm slice of beer bread dipped in some creamy and savory hummus? I don’t think so. Whether you prefer classic hummus, red pepper hummus, or black bean hummus, the dip’s smooth texture and flavorful spices will contrast the bread’s density and sweetness.
- Quinoa salad: If you’re looking for a fresh and healthy side dish, quinoa salad is the way to go. Cook some quinoa, and toss it with your favorite veggies, like cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and bell peppers. The salad’s fresh and crunchy texture will balance out the bread’s softness, while the quinoa’s nuttiness will complement the beer’s malty flavor.
- Roasted veggies: If you’re a veggie lover, you know that roasting them brings out their best flavor. Roast some veggies, like sweet potatoes, carrots, and brussels sprouts, and serve them with your beer bread. The veggies’ caramelized and slightly charred exterior will contrast the bread’s softness, while the beer’s bitterness will cut through the veggies’ sweetness.
- Stuffed mushrooms: If you’re in the mood for something fancy and elegant, stuffed mushrooms are the perfect side dish. Stuff some button mushrooms with a mixture of cream cheese, breadcrumbs, and herbs, and bake them until they’re golden and crispy. The mushrooms’ earthy flavor and the creamy filling will contrast the bread’s sweetness and density.
International Side Dishes
If you’re a globe-trotter, a culinary adventurer, or just someone who likes to mix things up, these international side dishes are perfect for you.
These exotic and flavorful options will add some variety to your beer bread game:
- Naan bread: If you’re a fan of Indian food, naan bread is the perfect side dish for beer bread. The pillowy and slightly chewy texture of the naan pairs perfectly with the bread’s softness, while the spices in the naan will complement the beer’s malty flavor.
- Spanakopita: If you’re a fan of Greek food, spanakopita is a great side dish for beer bread. This savory and flaky pastry is filled with spinach, feta, and herbs, and baked until golden and crispy. The salty and tangy filling will contrast the bread’s sweetness and density, while the flaky crust will add some texture.
- Guacamole: If you’re a fan of Mexican food, guacamole is the perfect side dish for beer bread. This creamy and flavorful dip is made with avocado, lime, garlic, and spices, and it pairs perfectly with the bread’s sweet and malty flavor. Add some tortilla chips for some crunch, and you’re in for a fiesta.
Well, my fellow foodies and beer lovers, we’ve reached the end of our journey through the 25 best side dishes to serve with beer bread.
We’ve covered the classics, the savories, the sweets, the spicys, and the internationals, and we’ve hopefully given you some inspiration for your next beer bread extravaganza.
But here’s the thing: these sides are just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many other delicious and creative ways to pair beer bread with different flavors and textures. Don’t be afraid to experiment, to try new things, and to mix and match different ingredients.
At the end of the day, the beauty of beer bread is that it’s versatile, easy to make, and delicious on its own. But with the right side dish, it can be elevated to new heights of awesomeness. So, whether you’re having a lazy afternoon, a party with friends, or a midnight snack, make sure to grab some beer bread and a side dish that will make your taste buds sing.
What To Serve With Beer Bread? 23 Best Side Dishes
- Cheese plate
- Butter and jam
- Cheese dip
- Veggie skewers
- Roasted garlic
- Fruit salad
- Apple butter
- Chocolate spread
- Cinnamon sugar butter
- Jalapeno poppers
- Buffalo wings
- Spicy pickles
- Hot sauce
- Quinoa salad
- Roasted veggies
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Naan bread
- Pick your favorite recipe from the article.
- Organize your ingredients and utensils.
- Follow the detailed instructions in the recipe to make your side dish.
- Prepare and serve for delicious meal!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.