I’ve been making lasagna Bolognese for years, and it’s always a hit with my family.
But I’m always looking for new side dishes to serve with it.
So I asked some of my friends what their favorite sides are, and I’m sharing their answers with you.
From simple salads to complex casseroles, I’ve got you covered!
What to Serve with Lasagna Bolognese?
There are many options for what to serve with lasagna Bolognese. A simple green salad is a classic accompaniment, as are garlic bread and a glass of red wine. For a heartier meal, you could also serve roasted vegetables or a side of pasta.
Keep scrolling for more ideas!
I always love something simple and green on the side of my meal.
This salad is the perfect balance of fresh and flavorful.
It’s also very easy to make, which is always a bonus.
The texture is light and refreshing, making it a great side for any occasion.
Here are a few tips for making the perfect green salad:
- Make sure the greens are fresh and crisp.
- Add a variety of textures for interest.
- Use a light dressing so as not to overwhelm the salad.
- Add a touch of sweetness with fresh fruit or a drizzle of honey.
This salad is a great side for any meal, but I especially love it with lasagna bolognese.
If there’s one thing Americans know how to do, it’s roast a potato.
This comforting side dish is the perfect accompaniment to any main course, and can be easily customized to suit your taste.
Roasted potatoes are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and can be flavored with any herbs or spices you like.
They’re also relatively easy to make, so even beginner cooks can enjoy success with this dish.
For the best results, be sure to use starchy potatoes like Russets, and roast them in a hot oven until golden brown.
Serve immediately for the best flavor and texture.
This delicious and summer-friendly side dish is a great way to add some flavor to your meal.
Corn on the cob is relatively easy to make, and can be boiled, grilled, or roasted.
The key to making it delicious is all in the preparation.
Be sure to add some butter, salt, and pepper to really bring out the flavor.
This dish is perfect for barbecues, picnics, or any summer gathering.
Speaking of great weather foods, grilled vegetables are the perfect side dish for any outdoor meal.
They’re easy to make, packed with flavor, and can be customized to your liking.
Plus, they’re a healthy option that everyone can enjoy.
When it comes to grilling vegetables, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- First, make sure to cut them into uniform pieces so they cook evenly.
- Second, don’t be afraid to get a little char on them – it’ll only add to the flavor.
- And finally, don’t forget to season them well before throwing them on the grill.
So next time you’re firing up the grill, don’t forget the veggies!
They make a great addition to any meal, and they’re sure to please everyone at the table.
Sautéed mushrooms is a great side dish to serve with lasagna bolognese, grilled chicken, or even a steak.
They add a delicious earthy flavor to any dish, and they’re relatively easy to make.
When sautéing mushrooms, it’s important to get a good sear on them.
This will give them a nice, crispy texture.
Be sure to use a bit of oil in the pan, and don’t overcrowd the mushrooms.
You want to cook them in batches if necessary.
Once they’re nice and crispy, add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
You can also add other herbs and spices, depending on what you’re serving them with.
Garlic goes great with mushrooms, as do thyme and rosemary.
Sautéed mushrooms make a great side dish for any occasion.
Whether you’re serving a casual meal at home or a more formal dinner party, they’re sure to please.
6. Tomato Soup
You might not think something as simple as tomato soup could be all that flavorful, but you’d be surprised.
See Also: 13 Best Tomatoes for Tomato Soup
This soup is packed with umami flavor, and the addition of a little bit of cream makes it all the richer.
It’s not a difficult soup to make, but the key is to get the tomatoes roasted just right.
You want them to be soft and slightly charred around the edges.
As for the texture, it should be velvety smooth.
Here are a few tips to help you get it just right:
- Use good quality tomatoes. They’ll make all the difference in the flavor.
- Roast the tomatoes until they’re soft and slightly charred. This will give the soup a lovely smoky flavor.
- Be sure to use a high-powered blender to get a velvety smooth texture.
This soup is perfect for a cozy winter meal, or any time you need a little comfort food.
This soup is one of the most popular side dishes around.
It is packed with flavor and is relatively easy to make.
The soup has a great texture that is perfect for a cold winter day.
See Also: What Vegetables Go in Chicken Noodle Soup? (18 Vegetables)
Here are some tips to make the perfect chicken noodle soup:
- Use a rotisserie chicken for the best flavor.
- Be sure to simmer the soup for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Add some extra veggies like carrots or celery for extra nutrition.
This soup is perfect for a winter dinner party or a simple family meal.
When served with a dish like lasagna bolognese, it is sure to please everyone at the table.
Yes, but this one is different – it’s a white bean soup.
This flavorful soup is perfect for a winter meal, and it’s not too difficult to make.
The texture is creamy and comforting, and the beans provide a filling protein.
Here are a few tips for making the perfect white bean soup:
- Soak the beans overnight to help them cook evenly.
- Add some spice with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- For a bit of texture, throw in some chopped kale or other greens.
- Serve with a crusty piece of bread for dipping.
This is the last soup on this list!
And it’s a good one.
Minestrone soup is full of flavor, and while it may take some time to make, it’s definitely worth it.
The soup is packed with vegetables, and the broth is nice and thick.
It’s the perfect soup for a cold winter day.
Here are some tips for making the perfect minestrone soup:
- Make sure to use a variety of vegetables. The more, the better!
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different herbs and spices.
- If you want a heartier soup, you can add some pasta or rice.
- This soup is also great with a bit of Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
If there’s one thing I learned from Asian cuisine, it’s that a good stir-fry is all about the flavor.
And this vegetable stir-fry is no exception.
Packed with fresh veggies and a savory sauce, it’s a dish that’s both healthy and delicious.
Although it may look like a lot of work, stir-frying is actually quite simple.
The key is to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start cooking.
That way, the actual cooking process is quick and easy.
As for the texture, I like my stir-fries to be on the softer side.
But if you prefer a little crunch in your vegetables, feel free to cook them for a bit longer.
Finally, here are a few tips to make the perfect vegetable stir-fry:
- Use a wok or a large skillet for best results.
- If you’re using frozen vegetables, be sure to thaw them before cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. Stir-frying is all about quick, high heat cooking, so you want to make sure your vegetables have plenty of room to move around.
This stir-fry is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
But it’s also impressive enough to serve at a dinner party.
Serve it with rice or noodles, and you’ve got a complete meal that everyone will love.
This side dish is a little more complex than some of the others, but it is well worth it.
The ground chicken gives it a delicious flavor and the noodles add a great texture.
It is important to cook the chicken thoroughly before adding it to the casserole, and to make sure the noodles are properly cooked as well.
This dish is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion.
What Wine Goes with Lasagna Bolognese?
There are many types of wine that go well with lasagna Bolognese. For a more traditional pairing, you can try a Chianti or Sangiovese. If you want something lighter, a Pinot Noir would be a good choice. For a sweeter pairing, you could try a Lambrusco.
What to Serve with Lasagna Bolognese (11 Best Side Dishes)
- A Simple Green Salad
- Roasted Potatoes
- Corn on The Cob
- Grilled Vegetables
- Sautéed Mushrooms
- Tomato Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- White Bean Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Ground Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Pick your favorite recipe from this list to serve with your dish.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Enjoy in no time!