When you don’t know what sauce to serve with chicken goujons, it can be a real dinner party disaster.
But don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with my top 10 sauces that will perfectly complement your next chicken dish.
So, whether you’re looking for a creamy sauce or something on the lighter side, read on for my top picks.
What Sauce Goes with Chicken Goujons?
The best sauces for chicken goujons are ones that are full of flavor and can be made in advance. A mayonnaise or yogurt-based sauce is a good choice, as it will add moisture and flavor to the sandwich. You can also use a pesto or chimichurri sauce, which are both full of flavor and can be made in advance.
Since it can be tough to choose, here are 3 things to consider when choosing a sauce for chicken goujons:
- What Type of Chicken Goujons Are You Making? Are you making plain chicken goujons, or are they breaded or battered? If they’re plain, you might want to consider a dipping sauce on the side. If they’re breaded or battered, you’ll want to choose a sauce that will complement the coating.
- What Flavor Profile Are You Going For? Are you looking for a sweet sauce, a savory sauce, or something in between? This will help narrow down your options.
- What Else Will Be on the Plate? If you’re serving chicken goujons as part of a larger meal, you’ll want to take into account what else will be on the plate. For example, if you’re serving them with roasted potatoes and green beans, you might want to choose a lighter sauce so as not to overwhelm the other flavors.
With that said, here are 10 sauces that go with chicken goujons:
1. Honey Mustard Sauce
This is one of my go-to sauces to serve with chicken goujons.
It’s a honey mustard sauce that is so easy to make and it’s always a big hit!
To add more flavor to the sauce, you can:
- Add in some chopped herbs, like parsley or chives
- Stir in a bit of hot sauce for some spice
- Mix in some diced fruit, like apples or pears, for sweetness and texture
All of these additions will take the flavor of the sauce up a notch and make it even more delicious.
Give them a try next time you’re making chicken goujons!
2. BBQ Sauce
It’s almost like BBQ sauce goes with everything.
But if we’re being specific, BBQ sauce is a great dipping sauce for chicken goujons.
There are a few ways you can add more flavor to your BBQ sauce to make it even tastier.
- One way is to add in some diced onion when you’re heating up the sauce.
- Another way is to mix in a bit of Worcestershire sauce or hot sauce, depending on your preference.
- And lastly, you could also add a touch of honey to really bring out the sweetness in the BBQ sauce.
3. Sweet Chili Sauce
Something magical happens when you pair chicken goujons with sweet chili sauce – it’s like they were made for each other!
The heat from the chili peppers is the perfect complement to the juicy, tender chicken.
Here are three ways to add even more flavor to your sweet chili sauce:
- Add a splash of lime juice – this will brighten up the flavors and make them pop.
- Stir in some chopped cilantro – this will give the sauce a fresh, herby flavor.
- Throw in a few diced jalapeños – this will give the sauce an extra kick of heat.
Enjoy your delicious chicken goujons with sweet chili sauce!
4. Plum Sauce
Don’t be fooled by its name!
This sweet and sticky sauce is incredibly easy to make at home, and even easier to buy from the store.
Here are 3 ways to add more flavor to your plum sauce:
- Add a splash of soy sauce – this will give the sauce a salty umami flavor that takes it to the next level.
- Stir in some diced ginger – this will give the sauce a subtle heat and freshness.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper – this will give the sauce a bit of a kick!
5. Teriyaki Sauce
Teriyaki sauce is sticky, sweet, and salty all at the same time – making it the perfect sauce to chicken goujons.
Here are three ways you can add more flavor to your teriyaki sauce:
- Use fresh ginger and garlic: Both of these ingredients will give the sauce a more pungent flavor. If you don’t have fresh ginger and garlic on hand, you can use ground ginger and garlic powder instead. Just be sure to add them in at the beginning of cooking so they have time to infuse their flavors into the sauce.
- Add some heat: A little bit of chili pepper flakes or diced fresh chili peppers will add a nice amount of heat to the sauce. If you want it really spicy, you can also add in some Sriracha or Sambal Oelek chili paste.
- Balance out the sweetness: Teriyaki sauce can be quite sweet, so if you want to balance that out, you can add in a splash of rice vinegar or lime juice. This will also help to cut through the stickiness of the sauce.
6. Satay Sauce
Salty and sweet, with a little bit of spice, satay sauce is the perfect dipping sauce for chicken goujons.
To take your satay sauce up a notch, try adding:
- A splash of lime juice – This will brighten up the flavors and make it more refreshing.
- A tablespoon of creamy peanut butter – This will add some richness and depth of flavor.
- A teaspoon of chili flakes – This will give it a nice little kick of heat.
7. Hot Sauce
If you like spicy food, then hot sauce is the perfect sauce to serve with chicken goujons.
Not only does it add a delicious spicy flavor to the dish, but it also helps to cut through the richness of the chicken.
There are many different ways that you can add more flavor to your hot sauce.
- One way is to add some chopped onions or garlic to the sauce.
- Another way is to add in some different types of peppers, such as jalapeños or habaneros.
- Or, you could even try adding in some fruit juices, such as orange juice or pineapple juice.
No matter what you do, hot sauce is sure to give your chicken goujons a delicious spicy kick!
Ketchup is simple, but don’t let that fool you.
It’s a versatile sauce that can be used in so many different ways.
Here are three ways to add more flavor to your ketchup:
- Add some spice with a teaspoon of chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Make it sweet and savory by adding a tablespoon of honey.
- Give it an umami boost with a tablespoon of soy sauce.
Mayonnaise needs no introduction – it’s a classic sauce that goes with everything from chicken goujons to french fries.
But did you know that there are ways to jazz up this simple sauce and make it even more delicious?
Here are three easy ways to add more flavor to your mayonnaise:
- Add some chopped herbs – parsley, thyme or basil would be great choices.
- Stir in a spoonful of Dijon mustard for a bit of tanginess.
- Mix in a finely grated garlic clove or two for a bit of zing.
These are just a few ideas – get creative and experiment to find your perfect mayonnaise flavor!
10. Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
This sauce adds a fresh, zingy flavor to chicken goujons that is perfect for summer.
It’s made with plain yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro, and can be easily spiced up with a little chili powder or cumin.
- To add more depth of flavor, try roasting the chicken goujons before dipping them in the sauce. This will give them a lovely crispy edge.
- Another way to add more flavor is to fry the chicken goujons instead of baking them. This will make them even crispier and more delicious.
- Finally, if you want a bit of heat, try adding some chopped jalapeño peppers to the sauce. This will give it a nice kick that goes really well with the other flavors.
10 Sauces for Chicken Goujons You Must Try
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Plum Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Satay Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your chicken goujons.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!