You can’t go wrong with kiwis in a smoothie. They add a sweet, tart, and refreshing flavor to your drink.
The key to pairing these fruits with smoothies is to choose the right flavor. If you’re looking to make a fruity smoothie, then you should choose a fruit that is in season.
For example, if you want a strawberry smoothie, then you can use fresh strawberries, or if you want a pineapple smoothie, then you can use canned pineapple chunks.
Are you trying to figure out what fruits go well with kiwi in a smoothie?
There’s a lot of good stuff out there, so it’s hard to know what to try.
Well, we’ve got you covered with this list of the ten best pairings for the delicious fruit.
What Goes Well with Kiwi in A Smoothie? 15 Pairings
The best fruits to pair with kiwi in a smoothie include strawberries, mango, banana, and avocado. The sweet taste of these fruits make them a natural complement to the tart taste of the kiwi.
Still looking for other options?
Then keep scrolling!
Strawberries are a great fruit to pair with kiwi in a smoothie.
Kiwis are sweet and tart, so they pair well with other fruits that have similar flavor profiles.
Additionally, the sweetness of strawberries helps to balance out the tartness of kiwi.
Mango is a tropical fruit that adds sweetness and creaminess to smoothies.
It’s one of the best fruits to combine with kiwi, as it helps mellow out the tartness of the kiwi and make your smoothie refreshing and sweet.
Banana is an excellent complement to kiwi because it has a sweet flavor that counteracts the tartness.
If you want your smoothie to taste more like dessert than breakfast, then banana is the best fruit to pair with kiwi.
Make sure you don’t add too much banana, though, as it will overpower the other flavors in your smoothie if you aren’t careful.
4. Passion fruit
The flavor of the passion fruit goes well with the flavor of the kiwi in a smoothie.
You can add this fruit to your kiwi smoothie so that you will have an exotic-tasting drink that is refreshingly sweet and tart at the same time.
Passion fruit also has some health benefits like boosting your immune system, improving your digestion and promoting healthy skin.
Pineapple is another tropical fruit that can stand up to the taste of kiwi.
It adds a touch of sweetness that balances out the sour bite of kiwi and adds a layer of complexity to the flavor profile.
Since pineapple has such a strong flavor, you can even use canned pineapple instead of fresh or frozen chunks.
Vanilla goes well with kiwi because it adds a creamy flavor to smoothies.
Adding vanilla yogurt and a little bit of sugar to the mix will help make the smoothie thicker and sweeter.
A touch of almond extract can also be added to complement the vanilla flavor.
Oranges are actually one of the most common fruits to include in a kiwi smoothie.
The citrus flavor of the orange naturally offsets the sweetness of the kiwi and makes for a great start to any smoothie recipe.
8. Almond Milk and Ginger
Almond milk is dairy-free and it’s also low in calories. This makes it an excellent addition to your smoothie recipe.
Almonds have many nutrients, including iron, vitamin E, magnesium, protein, fiber, potassium and zinc.
You can buy store-bought almond milk or you can make your own at home using almonds and water.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and it may help prevent disease. It also helps the body absorb nutrients from other ingredients in your smoothies so you get the most health benefits from them.
A good combination to try is kiwi, ginger, and almond milk because all three of these ingredients have powerful nutritional properties that will help boost your immune system.
Mint is a refreshing herb with a cooling flavor that’s often used to make tea, and it also makes a tasty addition to fruit smoothies.
Mint works well in smoothies that contain kiwi fruit. Fresh mint leaves are best for this recipe, but you can also use dried mint if fresh is not available.
Blueberries are a natural pairing for kiwi in smoothies, since both fruits are tart and sweet.
Blueberry kiwi smoothies pair well with rich, nutty ingredients like almond butter or silken tofu for protein, and with creamy ingredients like yogurt to balance out the tanginess of the fruit.
11. Vanilla or chocolate protein powder
Kiwi pairs well with many other flavors, especially berries like strawberries or blueberries.
However, if you’re looking for something different to pair with your kiwi try using vanilla or chocolate protein powder in your smoothie.
The protein powder will add some creaminess to the smoothie and the vanilla or chocolate will help to compliment the tartness of the kiwi.
Raspberries are also a good choice when making a smoothie with kiwi.
These two fruits taste similar, but raspberries tend to be slightly sweeter than kiwis.
Again, this is a great way to balance out the tartness of the kiwi fruit.
Carrots might seem like an unlikely ingredient for a fruit-based smoothie, but they work extremely well with the flavor of kiwis.
The natural sweetness of carrots helps to balance out the tartness of the fruit.
Chocolate is another food that goes well with kiwi in smoothies.
You can use chocolate syrup or add cocoa powder for a more natural version of this combination.
Chocolate chips can also be added for an extra burst of sweetness and crunchiness!
Apples have a mild flavor and crispy texture that work well with the sweet-tart flavor of kiwis.
When making your smoothie, use one medium apple and two or three kiwis. You can add other fruits as well, such as strawberries or bananas.
7 Tips When Pairing Kiwi with Other Fruits in A Smoothie
Kiwifruit is a sweet and tangy, vitamin rich fruit that blends well with many other fruits.
When you are creating smoothies, feel free to experiment by combining kiwifruit with other favorite fruits.
Here are 7 tips to help you get started:
- To make a super creamy smoothie, add one or two bananas in addition to the suggested kiwifruit. Bananas add body and creaminess to the smoothie and help to bring out the flavor of the kiwi.
- A dash of citrus (lemon, lime or orange) can give your smoothie a zippy kick. Or if you like things spicy, try adding some fresh ginger and lime for a real eye-opener.
- To make your smoothie extra nutritious and filling, try adding yogurt or protein powder to it. These ingredients can also help to create a thicker texture in your smoothie.
- Make sure you cut the kiwi before you add it to the smoothie, rather than just adding the entire fruit. This will make it easier to blend and will help ensure that your kiwis blend as easily as your other fruit.
- Incorporate a sweetener in with your smoothie recipe, such as honey or agave, since kiwis are naturally tart. A dash of vanilla extract can also work well to help balance out flavors.
- Keep the ratio of kiwifruit and other fruits at 1:3 so you still get the taste of kiwi in every sip. One medium kiwifruit combined with 3 cups of other fruit will ensure your smoothie has plenty of flavor without sacrificing any nutrients!
- Kiwi has a distinctively tropical flavor, so it pairs especially well with other fruits that fit into this category as well. For example, pairing kiwi with pineapple or mango can result in a delicious smoothie that offers plenty of unique flavors and nutrients. As long as you use one of these fruits as the base for your smoothie and only add small amounts of kiwi, you should end up with an appealing flavor profile every time.
What Goes Well with Kiwi in A Smoothie? 15 Pairings
- Passion fruit
- Almond Milk and Ginger
- Vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- Pick any of these foods to match with your kiwi smoothie.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy your smoothie in no time!