Nothing beats a good shredded beef sandwich.
The tender, juicy meat, the melty cheese, the toasted bread… it’s the perfect comfort food.
And if you’re looking for some new ways to enjoy this classic sandwich, you’ve come to the right place.
In this collection of shredded beef sandwich recipes, you’ll find 11 delicious ways to make a shredded beef sandwich.
Read Also: 20 Mouthwatering Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes You Need to Try
From classics like the French dip (See Also: 13 Best Kinds of Meat for French Dip Sandwiches) and the Cuban to new favorites like the BBQ pulled beef sandwich and the Italian beef sliders, there’s something here for everyone.
So whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a fun party snack, these recipes have you covered.
So fire up that grill (or slow cooker) and get ready to enjoy some of the best sandwiches around!
11 Shredded Beef Sandwich Recipes
I take pride in the flavor of my food.
I like to know that the ingredients I’m using are going to taste good together, and that each ingredient is going to add something to the dish.
When it comes to sandwiches, I like to use shredded beef because it has a lot of flavor.
It’s also a versatile ingredient – you can use it in a lot of different recipes, and it always tastes good.
Another reason I like to use shredded beef in my sandwiches is because it’s a healthy option.
Beef is a great source of protein, and it’s also lower in fat and calories than other kinds of meat.
This makes it a great option for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain their weight.
Finally, I like to use shredded beef because it’s easy to cook.
You can cook it in the oven, on the stove, in the Crock Pot, or even in the microwave.
And once it’s cooked, all you have to do is shred it and add it to your sandwich recipe.
With that being said, here are 11 of the best shredded beef sandwich recipes:
French Dips With Au Jus
Dip this sandwich in the au jus and savor the flavor!
This shredded beef sandwich is one of my favorites because it’s so easy to make and always comes out tasting great.
I like to use a chuck roast for the meat because it’s nice and tender, but you could also use a bottom round or even brisket if you prefer.
The key to getting the beef nice and shredded is to cook it low and slow in the crockpot until it’s falling apart.
Once it’s cooked, all you have to do is add your favorite seasonings (I like garlic powder, onion powder, and some black pepper) and then let it cool slightly before shredding with a fork.
To assemble the sandwiches, I like to put the beef on a hoagie roll with some Swiss cheese and then pop them under the broiler for a minute or two until the cheese is melted.
Serve with au jus on the side for dipping and enjoy!
Grilled Shredded Beef Sandwiches
This beef sandwich is ultra-tender, flavorful, and perfect for grilling season!
- First, I start by marinating the beef in a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
- Then, I let it sit for at least an hour (but up to 12 hours) so that the flavors can really sink in.
- Next, I cook the beef on the grill until it’s nice and charred.
- Once it’s cooked through, I shred it with a fork or chop it into small pieces.
- To assemble the sandwiches, I like to use soft rolls and top them with the shredded beef, some grilled onions and peppers, and a touch of BBQ sauce.
Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Combined with a sweet and tangy sauce, these Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Shredded Beef Sandwiches are the perfect way to show off your culinary skills!
- I like to start by seasoning my beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Then, I brown it in a skillet before adding it to the slow cooker.
- In the slow cooker, I add in some beef broth, balsamic vinegar, honey, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and onion.
- I let the beef cook on low for 8 hours or until it is nice and tender.
- Once the beef is cooked through, I remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with a fork.
- I then add the shredded beef back into the sauce and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes.
I like to serve my Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Shredded Beef Sandwiches on whole wheat buns with plenty of the sauce.
These sandwiches are always a hit at parties and potlucks!
Smoked Pulled Beef Sandwiches
If you prefer smoky flavors, this recipe is for you!
I love to make these sandwiches because they’re hearty and filling, but still have a lightness to them.
- First, start by smoking your beef. I like to use a leaner cut so that the fat doesn’t overpower the sandwich.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, and any other spices you like.
- Then, smoke it until it’s cooked through and tender enough to pull apart easily.
- Once the beef is smoked, let it cool slightly so you can handle it.
- Then, use two forks (or your hands) to shred the beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Next, toast some buns or rolls. I like to use a light hand with the butter so that the bread doesn’t get too greasy.
- Then, add your shredded beef and top with any condiments you like. I usually go for BBQ sauce, pickles, and onions.
Sweet BBQ Shredded Beef Sandwiches
If you’ve ever been to a BBQ joint, then you know how delicious a good shredded beef sandwich can be.
The sweet, smoky flavor of the beef, combined with the tangy BBQ sauce and the crunch of the pickles – it’s a heavenly combination.
If you want to try your hand at making a BBQ shredded beef sandwich at home, you’ll need some good quality beef, a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, some pickles, and a few other ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup of dill pickle juice
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- To make the shredded beef, simply combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once the beef is cooked through, shred it with a fork or chop it up with a knife.
- To assemble the sandwiches, simply spread some BBQ sauce on a bun, add the shredded beef, and top with pickles. You can also add other toppings like onions, cheese, or even bacon.
Crockpot Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Italians just know how to do beef right- and this Crockpot Italian Shredded Beef Sandwich recipe is no different.
Tender, flavorful beef is cooked low and slow in a crockpot with Italian seasonings until it practically melts in your mouth.
Piled high on a crusty baguette with some sharp provolone cheese, it’s the perfect sandwich for a hearty appetite.
For this sandwich, you’ll need a boneless chuck roast, some beef broth, garlic, onion, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and a host of Italian seasonings.
Just throw everything in the crockpot in the morning and let it do its thing all day long.
When it’s time to eat, shred the beef with a fork and pile it high on a toasted baguette.
Add some sharp provolone cheese and you’re good to go!
If you’re looking to mix things up, you could try using a different cheese or adding some sauteed peppers to the sandwich.
Italian seasoning is pretty versatile, so feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to find what you like best.
And if you’re really in a hurry, you can always shred the beef in the morning and cook it on the stovetop.
Just be sure to give it plenty of time to simmer and absorb all the flavors.
Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Shredded Beef Sandwiches
It’s time to grab your slow cooker and give this shredded beef sandwich recipe a try!
This dish is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
Simply throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and let it do its thing.
The beef will come out tender and flavorful, and the peppers and onions will add the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch.
This recipe is perfect for a casual dinner at home with family or friends.
It would also be great for a game day party or potluck.
3 of My Best Tips for Serving and Cooking This Kind of Sandwich:
- Be sure to use a good quality beef that will shred easily. I like to use chuck roast for this recipe.
- Cook the beef on low for 8 hours or until it is very tender.
- Serve the sandwiches on soft rolls with plenty of the pepperoncini sauce.
Crock Pot Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches with Pepperoncini and Provolone
It’s time to get your Crock Pot out and make the best Italian shredded beef sandwiches!
This recipe features chuck roast that is cooked until it is falling-apart tender.
The beef is then shredded and mixed with a simple sauce made from pepperoncini peppers, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
The sandwiches are then topped with provolone cheese and served on a toasted hoagie roll.
This sandwich is perfect for a casual get-together with friends or family.
It would also be great for tailgating or watching a game.
- Be sure to use a good quality chuck roast for this recipe. The better the quality of the beef, the better the sandwich will be.
- Cook the beef in the Crock Pot on low for 8 hours for the best results.
- When shredding the beef, be sure to remove any large pieces of fat.
Crock Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches (Virginia Style)
Anybody who’s ever been to Virginia knows that their claim to fame is their delicious BBQ.
This Crock Pot Shredded Beef Sandwich recipe is the perfect way to get that Virginia BBQ flavor without having to fire up the grill.
All you need is a slow cooker and a few simple ingredients.
This sandwich is perfect for any summertime gathering.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or just having a few friends over for lunch, this sandwich will be a hit.
- Be sure to use a good quality beef. The better the beef, the better the sandwich.
- Season the beef well with your favorite BBQ seasoning.
- Cook the beef on low in the slow cooker for several hours until it is nice and tender.
Slow Cooker Cheesy French Dip Sandwiches with Shredded Beef
If you’re a cheese lover, this is the sandwich for you!
It’s packed with cheesy goodness, and the shredded beef is cooked to perfection.
I like to add some garlic and onion powder to the beef for extra flavor.
This sandwich is perfect for game day, a party, or any time you’re craving something hearty and filling.
It’s also great for feeding a crowd, because it can be easily doubled or tripled.
- Be sure to shred the beef before adding it to the sandwiches. This will help it cook evenly and absorb all of the flavor.
- If you’re using a slow cooker, cook the beef on low for 8 hours for the best results.
- Serve the sandwiches on toasted bread for extra flavor and crunch.
Crock Pot Mississippi Shredded Beef Sandwiches (Mississippi Beef Roast)
Lastly, why not try something different for your next shredded beef sandwich and go for a Mississippi Beef Roast?
This Crock Pot Mississippi Shredded Beef Sandwich is full of flavor and the perfect sandwich for any occasion.
Packed with herbs and spices, this sandwich is sure to be a hit with everyone.
And, if you’re looking for something to serve on the side, try my three favorite side dishes: roasted potatoes, a simple green salad, and our homemade coleslaw.
11 Shredded Beef Sandwich Recipes
- French Dips With Au Jus
- Grilled Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Smoked Pulled Beef Sandwiches
- Sweet BBQ Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Crockpot Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches with Pepperoncini and Provolone
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches (Virginia Style)
- Slow Cooker Cheesy French Dip Sandwiches with Shredded Beef
- Crock Pot Mississippi Shredded Beef Sandwiches (Mississippi Beef Roast)
- Pick your favorite beef sandwich from this list to serve today.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.