Welcome, my fellow pie enthusiasts, to the best article on pecan pie side dishes you’ll ever read!
You know what they say, “Life is uncertain, but pecan pie is always a good idea.”
And we couldn’t agree more.
But let’s face it, eating a slice of pecan pie on its own can be a little lonely.
It’s like going to a party without a date, sure you can still have fun, but it’s just not the same.
That’s why we’ve taken the time to compile a list of 12 delicious and quirky side dishes that will turn your pecan pie into a culinary masterpiece.
So buckle up, because we’re about to take you on a journey of sweet, savory, and boozy proportions.
What To Serve With Pecan Pie – 12 Best Side Dishes
Pecan pie is a classic dessert that can be enjoyed any time of the year.
But what do you serve with it?
Here are 12 great side dishes that will pair perfectly with pecan pie:
Ah, the classics. They’re like that old pair of shoes you can’t seem to get rid of. Boring, but oh so comfortable.
Here are the tried and true side dishes that have been keeping pecan pies company since the beginning of time:
- Vanilla ice cream: Let’s start with the obvious, because who doesn’t love a scoop of vanilla ice cream on their pie? It’s like the Batman to your pecan pie’s Robin, always there to save the day.
- Whipped cream: If you’re not feeling like going for a scoop of ice cream, why not add some fluffy, sweet whipped cream instead? You can even make fun designs on top of your pie slice, like a dollop of clouds in a pie sky.
- Coffee: Alright, alright, so coffee isn’t a side dish, but hear us out. A warm cup of coffee with a slice of pecan pie is like a cozy hug on a cold day. It’s the perfect pick-me-up to keep you going for the rest of the day (or night).
If you’re feeling adventurous, then this section is for you. These unexpected side dishes might sound a little strange at first, but trust us, they work like a charm. They’re like the wild and unpredictable friend who always knows how to have a good time.
Here are our top picks:
- Cheddar cheese: Yes, you read that right. Cheddar cheese and pecan pie are like two long-lost siblings who finally found each other. The sharpness of the cheese balances out the sweetness of the pie in the most delicious way.
- Crème fraîche: Feeling fancy? Add a dollop of crème fraîche to your pecan pie slice. It’s like the sophisticated cousin of whipped cream, with a tangy and creamy taste that will make you feel like you’re dining at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Chocolate sauce: Who says chocolate and pecan can’t be friends? Drizzle some chocolate sauce on top of your pie slice and watch the magic happen. It’s like a romantic comedy where two unlikely characters fall in love and live happily ever after (in your mouth).
Who said that side dishes have to be sweet? If you’re in the mood for something a little more savory, then this section is perfect for you.
These side dishes are like the cool, edgy friend who always keeps things interesting:
- Sweet potato fries: Who needs regular fries when you can have sweet potato fries? These delicious and crispy fries are the perfect side dish for pecan pie. The sweetness of the fries complements the nuttiness of the pie in the most perfect way.
- Roasted vegetables: Feeling health-conscious? Roasted vegetables are a great side dish for pecan pie. Not only are they delicious and flavorful, but they’re also packed with nutrients that will make you feel like a superhero.
- Fresh salad: For a lighter side dish, why not try a fresh salad? The crispness of the lettuce and the tanginess of the dressing create the perfect balance with the richness of the pie.
If you’re looking to add a little kick to your pecan pie, then this section is for you.
These boozy side dishes are like the fun-loving friend who always knows how to get the party started.
Just be careful not to go overboard, or you might end up seeing double:
- Bourbon: Want to add some southern charm to your pecan pie? Pour a shot of bourbon and enjoy the rich and smoky flavors. It’s like a warm hug from the inside out.
- Hot toddy: Feeling a little under the weather? A hot toddy is the perfect side dish to soothe your soul. The warmth of the drink and the sweetness of the pie create the ultimate comfort combo.
- Port or sherry: Feeling fancy (and a little tipsy)? How about a glass of port or sherry? These sweet and fortified wines are the perfect complement to the nuttiness of the pie. Just don’t forget to sip, not chug.
Congratulations, my fellow pie enthusiasts! You’ve made it to the end of our pecan pie side dishes adventure. We hope you’ve had as much fun reading this article as we’ve had writing it (and drooling over pecan pie pictures).
Whether you’re a fan of the classics, the unexpected, the savory, or the boozy, there’s a side dish for everyone. You can mix and match or stick to your favorites, but we hope you’ll try at least one new side dish to add some variety to your pecan pie experience.
So go ahead and indulge in that sweet and nutty slice of pecan pie, and don’t forget to add a side dish (or two, or three) to make it a true culinary masterpiece. Life is too short for boring desserts, so have fun and experiment with different combinations.
And remember, as the great Ron Swanson once said, “There has never been a sadness that can’t be cured by breakfast food.” So even if your day is not going as planned, a slice of pecan pie with a side dish (or three) is always a good idea.
Until next time, my fellow pie enthusiasts!
What To Serve With Pecan Pie – 12 Best Side Dishes
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Crème fraîche
- Chocolate sauce
- Sweet potato fries
- Roasted vegetables
- Fresh salad
- Hot toddy
- Port or sherry
- Pick your favorite recipe from the article.
- Organize your ingredients and utensils.
- Follow the detailed instructions in the recipe to make your side dish.
- Prepare and serve for delicious meal!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.