Have you ever had a delicious baked brie appetizer and wanted more the next day?
Reheating it can be tricky, so how should you go about reheating your leftover baked brie?
The best way to reheat baked brie is to wrap it in aluminum foil and heat it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. If you are short on time, you can also microwave it for 15-30 seconds. Whichever method you use, make sure the cheese is warmed up but not melted.
The key to making a delicious reheated baked brie is to keep an eye on it while it’s heating so that you don’t overcook or burn the cheese.
Now that we’ve answered your how-to question, let’s take a look at some tips and tricks for making the perfect reheated baked brie!
A Quick Overview of The Potential Reheating Methods
There are several ways to reheat baked brie. Some popular methods include using an oven, microwave, stovetop, air fryer, steaming, slow cooker, double boiler, and immersion circulator (sous vide). Each method has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to choose the one that works best for you.
The Best Way To Reheat Baked Brie
The best way to reheat baked brie is by using an oven. This method allows the cheese to heat evenly without drying out or becoming too runny. It also gives the cheese a chance to melt slightly while maintaining its shape.
How To Reheat Baked Brie in The Oven
- Step 1 – Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Step 2 – Remove the baked brie from any packaging or wrapping.
- Step 3 – Place the cheese on a shallow baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Step 4 – Cover the cheese loosely with aluminum foil.
- Step 5 – Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10-15 minutes until heated through.
- Step 6 – Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Baked Brie in the Microwave
Reheating your baked brie in the microwave is quick but may not be ideal as it can cause the cheese to become too runny.
- Step 1 – Remove the baked brie from any packaging or wrapping.
- Step 2 – Place the cheese on a microwave-safe dish.
- Step 3 – Microwave in intervals of 30 seconds until heated through, checking and stirring frequently.
- Step 4 – Remove from the microwave and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
How To Reheat Baked Brie on the Stovetop
Reheating your baked brie on the stovetop is another quick method that can take less than five minutes.
- Step 1 – Place a non-stick pan or skillet over low heat.
- Step 2 – Add in some butter.
- Step 3 – Once melted, add in your baked brie cheese and sprinkle some water with it to help create steam that will help make sure your cheese does not burn
- Step 4 – Cover with lid or foil paper and heat for about two minutes till it melts evenly
- Step 5 – Take off heat and serve immediately.
How To Reheat Baked Brie in an Air Fryer (Step-By-Step)
Reheating your baked brie using an air fryer results in crispy edges and melted cheese; follow these steps below:
- Preheat air fryer at about 350°F for about two minutes
- Cut baked brie into smaller sizes so they won’t bunch up together while reheating
- Place them on air fryer basket tray making sure they aren’t touching each other
- Air fry for about five to six minutes
- Remove from fryer when done, season with desired spices then serve hot
How To Reheat Baked Brie by Steaming
Steaming is an excellent method you can get all of that taste back without drying out your cheese.
- Step 1 – Place a small pot filled with water on the stove and heat it up until it boils.
- Step 2 – Take another slightly larger pot and put it on top of the first one. The pot sitting on top should fit correctly into the other by resting on the rim or with a slight overlap.
- Step 3 – Add in your baked brie into the larger pot, then cover tightly with a lid making sure no steam escapes
- Step 4 – Steam for about five minutes or until fully melted
- Step 5 – Remove from heat, let cool for some minutes before serving.
How To Reheat Baked Brie in a Slow Cooker
A slow cooker is an excellent way to reheat baked brie, especially if you’re entertaining guests
- Step 1 – Turn your slow cooker to low heat.
- Step 2 – Put your baked brie inside, set it flat facing down.
- Cover slow cooker and cook for about an hour or until fully melted
- Step 4 – When done reheating, remove from pan immediately and serve hot.
How to Reheat Baked Brie using a Double Boiler
A double boiler is another method of reheating baked brie that would not dry out the cheese.
- Step One – Fill half of your double boiler with water then bring to boil over medium-high heat
- Step Two – Reduce heat when boiling and fit the upper part (with holes) of the double boiler comfortably into the bottom one filled with water.
- Step Three – Place our pre-cut cheese in upper part of double boiler
- Step Four – Cover tightly and steam gently for about three to five minutes depending on size till melted evenly throughout
- When done take off heat and season if desired before serving hot.
How to Reheat Baked Brie with Immersion Circulator (Sous Vide)
This method is a bit time-consuming, but it guarantees that your cheese will be reheated evenly and never too hot.
- Step 1 – Fill your sous vide machine with water, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 2 – Place your baked brie in the bag and seal tightly.
- Step 3 – Set the immersion circulator to 165°F for medium-rare or adjust the temperature to your desired level of doneness
- Step 4– Place sealed bag of cheese into water bath ensuring it is completely submerged
- Step 5 – Let cook for about ten minutes, remove from water bath then serve hot when done.
Tips and Safety Precautions
- Never reheat baked brie more than once
- Always check the temperature before serving baked brie to ensure it’s safe for consumption.
- Use microwave-safe containers only
- Always cover your cheese while reheating to prevent moisture loss.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Overheating or microwaving for too long can make your cheese runny and unappetizing.
- Not covering during reheating can result in moisture loss or drying out of cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze my baked brie?
Yes, you can freeze baked brie; wrap tightly in plastic wrap then aluminum foil before freezing.
How long does leftover baked brie last in the fridge?
It can last up to three days when kept refrigerated properly.
How do I know if my baked brie has gone bad?
Your Baked Brie may have gone bad if it smells sour or off; discard immediately without tasting.
In conclusion, there are several methods on how to reheat baked brie effectively without drying out or making it too runny. Use whichever method works best for you and always remember to follow safety precautions and tips to avoid making mistakes.
Whether you’re hosting a wine and cheese party or looking for appetizer ideas or party food ideas, reheating baked brie is an easy entertaining task that doesn’t take up too much of your time.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.