It’s time for a hearty meal!
Mashed potatoes are the perfect side to go with any kind of ground beef—whether it’s in a burger, chili, stew, casserole, or even taco salad.
The neutral-but-flavorful taste of mashed potatoes means you don’t have to worry about it clashing with the other ingredients on your plate.
See Also: 12 Best Spices and Seasonings to Put in Mashed Potatoes
You can add whatever spices, herbs, or toppings you want and know that they’ll work well with the mashed potatoes‘ flavor.
And the best part is that they’re so easy to make!
All you need are some taters, milk and butter (or another kind of fat), and a potato masher or hand mixer.
Here are 10 delicious recipes that all start with ground beef and mashed potatoes!
See Also: 15 Sauces for Mashed Potatoes I Can’t Resist
10 Ground Beef Recipes with Mashed Potatoes
Ground beef and mashed potatoes are two foods that go together like a golden retriever and a tennis ball.
They’re just made for each other.
That’s why we decided to dig up some of the most delicious recipes that feature ground beef and mashed potatoes:
1. Mashed Potato Beef Casserole
In this recipe, we’ve got the yummy flavors of ground beef and mashed potatoes, but in a casserole so it’s not only delicious, but it can be made ahead of time!
It’s something that you can pull out for a weeknight dinner or just to spend time with your family.
We love making this recipe because it’s easy to customize based on your tastes, and it’s a great side dish/appetizer that everyone will love.
Read Also: What To Eat With Mashed Potatoes? 21 Best Main Dishes
2. Easy Shepherd’s Pie
This Shepherd’s Pie is the ultimate comfort food.
It’s quick, easy, and you can throw in whatever veggies you have on hand to make it extra hearty.
If you’re looking for a way to add some variety to your mashed potato routine, this is it.
The ground beef and gravy that make up the bottom layer of the pie are the perfect complement to the potato-on-top style of a shepherd’s pie.
And because the meat is so tasty, you can add in any vegetables you want (or don’t want) and they’ll still taste great.
Plus, this recipe gives a lot of room for improvisation—you can use any kind of beef you have on hand, or swap out the beef broth for chicken broth if that’s what’s in your pantry.
There are lots of recipes that make use of both potatoes and ground beef, but this one is an especially good option if time is of the essence.
It only takes 15 minutes to prep!
3. Ground Beef Stew over Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Why not make a meal that includes both ground beef and mashed potatoes?
See Also: What to Serve with Beef Stew? 25 Best Side Dishes
If you’ve never tried it, try this delicious recipe for Ground Beef Stew over Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
It’s a great way to have both ground beef and mashed potatoes in one meal.
It’s the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight, because it uses just one pot.
The stew portion cooks in one pan on the stovetop, while the mashed potatoes cook in another pan on the stovetop.
This way you don’t have to worry about making separate dishes.
And you’ll save time by not having to stand over the stove stirring when dinner is ready.
The stew is made with just half of a pound of ground beef, so it has lots of flavor without being too heavy or rich.
You can use any kind of ground beef that you like—ground chuck and ground sirloin are both excellent choices.
4. Chilli Bean Bake with Soured Cream Mash
Have you been looking for a new way to cook ground beef?
Have you been on the hunt for recipes that feature mashed potatoes?
If so, then this is the recipe for you!
This recipe combines delicious ground beef with creamy mashed potatoes, and it’s super easy to make.
It’s time to stop scrolling through Pinterest looking for the right recipe, and start making this one!
5. Crispy Mashed Potato Tacos
This recipe is so simple, but it results in tacos that are out of this world delicious.
The creamy mashed potatoes give the tacos a savory richness, and the fried tortillas add a nice crunchy texture to balance it out.
6. Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole
The thing that makes this recipe special is that the mashed potatoes aren’t just a side dish—they’re actually part of the meatloaf.
It’s an ingenious way to add flavor and get that potato in there.
And you can make it ahead of time—just whip up the meatloaf in the morning or on your day off and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
7. Beef Burger with Mashed Potato
Are you in the mood for some delicious, juicy ground beef burgers?
Or maybe you’re craving some sweet and creamy mashed potatoes?
Well, why not have both?
This recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling full.
With this recipe, you will enjoy a delicious beef burger with all of your favorite toppings, like cheese, lettuce and tomato.
You’ll also get to indulge in a side of creamy mashed potatoes with vegetables mixed right in!
To add to the fun of this meal, we recommend getting the whole family involved.
Have everyone create their own burger by adding their favorite toppings or try making different types of burgers such as turkey or veggie.
Now that you’ve read about this yummy recipe, what are you waiting for? Go try it out!
8. Mini Swedish Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes
Mini Swedish Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes is a perfectly satisfying recipe for any night of the week.
It’s a classic dish that will have your family lining up for seconds.
For a little extra flavor, top your meatballs with some chopped fresh parsley and serve them alongside some mashed potatoes in a bowl or on a plate.
You can even drizzle a little broth over the top of everything if you want!
9. Salisbury Steak & Buttery Peas with Mashed Potatoes
This is a home-style dish that is full of comfort and packed with flavor.
It’s super easy to make and the perfect dinner for a working family on a busy weeknight.
You’ll just need one pot to make these yummy Salisbury steaks, which is always an added bonus when it comes to cleanup!
To top off this savory dinner, try adding some cheese on top of your mashed potatoes!
10. Italian Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes
If you’re looking for a new recipe that combines ground beef and mashed potatoes, we highly recommend Italian Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes.
The following instructions will help you make the dish:
- Begin by placing the mince in a mixing bowl and adding all of the ingredients needed for the meatballs. Mix through well with your hands.
- Use a little oil to rub on your hands, and roll your meatball in a ball, to fit in your palm.
- Next, heat olive oil in an oven-safe saucepan or casserole dish and brown the meatballs for a few minutes on each side. Remove the meatballs from the pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and chili pepper to the pan and saute for a few minutes before adding stock and tomato puree.
- Replace the meatballs in the pot and arrange them in the sauce. Finish off in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- For the mash, peel and chop potatoes and boil them in salted water until they are soft.
10 Ground Beef Recipes with Mashed Potatoes
- Mashed Potato Beef Casserole
- Easy Shepherd's Pie
- Ground Beef Stew over Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Chilli bean bake with soured cream mash
- Crispy Mashed Potato Tacos
- Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole
- Beef Burger with Mashed Potato
- Mini Swedish Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes
- Salisbury Steak & Buttery Peas with Mashed Potatoes
- Italian Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes
- Pick any of the recipes from this list for your dinner.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.