Are you looking for the perfect salad to go with minestrone soup?
Soup and salad is a classic combination, but it can be hard to know what type of salad goes best with minestrone soup.
The answer depends on your own personal tastes, but I’m here to help!
I’m sharing 12 of my favorite salads that pair perfectly with minestrone soup.
From crisp green salads to light pasta salads, I’ve got something for everyone.
So when you make your next pot of minestrone soup, don’t forget about the salad!
In a rush? Here is the short answer:
A great salad to serve with minestrone soup is a Mediterranean-style salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese. Another good option is a simple arugula or kale salad topped with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra flavor, add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top!
Why Serve A Salad With Minestrone Soup?
- Balance of Flavors: Serving a salad with minestrone soup can help to balance out the flavors in the dish. The freshness and crunch of the salad will contrast nicely with the heartiness of the soup, creating an overall more enjoyable experience for diners.
- Variety: Adding a salad to your minestrone soup gives you more variety on your plate, which can be especially helpful if you are serving multiple courses or want to make sure that everyone has something they like.
- Nutrients: Salads are packed with vitamins and minerals that can help boost your health, so adding one to your meal is a great way to get some extra nutrition into it without having to add too many ingredients or change up what you’re already making too much.
- Colorful Presentation: A colorful salad will also make for a beautiful presentation when served alongside minestrone soup, as it adds visual interest and makes the dish look even more appetizing than it already does!
- Freshness Factor: Lastly, salads provide an element of freshness that helps cut through any heaviness from other dishes in the meal – such as minestrone soup – making them perfect accompaniments for heavier meals like this one!
12 Salads That Go Well With Minestrone Soup
Minestrone soup is a hearty and delicious dish, but it can be even better when served with the right salad.
Here are twelve salads that pair perfectly with minestrone soup, each offering their own unique flavors and textures:
This vibrant salad is like a trip to the Mediterranean with its combination of cucumber, tomato and onion. With each bite, you’ll get a burst of flavors that will make your taste buds sing. Perk up any soup by adding this zesty side dish to the mix!
2. Caesar Salad
The beloved classic Caesar salad ups the flavor ante with crunchy romaine lettuce and an irresistible creamy dressing. Add salty bits of bacon or croutons for extra indulgence – after all, we all deserve a treat from time to time!
A light and refreshing combo of shaved fennel and arugula, this simple yet flavorful salad pairs beautifully with minestrone soup (or any type of soup!). Its sweet notes and crisp texture are just what your bowl needs for total deliciousness!
A classic salad that adds a crisp and refreshing flavor to your soup course. Its bed of lettuce is topped with freshly chopped tomatoes, cucumber slices, red onion rings, pepperoncini peppers,and olives – all tossed in an olive oil dressing. A savory delight!
Sweet and slightly spicy, this bright salad will give your minestrone soup a fantastic zing. A base of arugula is dressed with balsamic vinegar – then topped off with sliced strawberries, goat cheese crumbles, salted caramel walnuts for crunch…. pure heaven!
This timeless dish goes nicely with any soup – like creamy minestrone or even spicy tortilla soup! Crunchy apples mingle perfectly with celery slices in a delightful mayonnaise based dressing – it’s almost too delicious for words! Completely nut-free too 🙂
This classic salad will make you forget about the rest of the world. The combination of chicken, bacon, lettuce, and tomato is like a party in your mouth – it’s so flavorful no soup will stand a chance. Plus, it has protein to keep you feeling full until dinner!
This sweet and tangy salad definitely packs a punch with its flavors that pack the perfect balance between sweet and savory. Perfect for those who love their salads too much to finish those last few spoonfuls of soup! This salad also gives minestrone another level of flavor.
For health-conscious eaters out there, this is heaven on earth! The crunchy quinoa combined with chickpeas give this salad lots of texture that perfectly complements almost any kind of soup out there – but especially minestrone! And if that wasn’t enough, adding some nuts and feta cheese to this light dish can turn it into an even heartier meal.
This salad is like a tasty sidekick for your minestrone soup. The combination of tangy cranberries, salty cashews, and creamy goat cheese will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. It’s an instant upgrade that will make any soup taste better than ever before.
This warm, comforting salad pairs perfectly with the flavorful broth in minestrone soup. Roasting the veggies adds a hint of sweetness while blending seamlessly into the other components of the meal. Plus it looks awe-inspiringly colorful – even before serving!
A lightly dressed arugula salad provides a much-needed contrast to your steaming bowl of soup – both in flavor and texture! Pairing nutty shaved parmesan cheese with peppery arugula creates an infinitely satisfying bite every single time you take spoonful from the bowl.
12 Salads That Go Well With Minestrone Soup
- Mediterranean Salad with Cucumber, Tomato and Onion
- Caesar Salad
- Shaved Fennel Arugula Salad
- Simple Italian Salad
- Strawberry Salad with Arugula and Salted Caramel Walnuts
- Classic Waldorf Salad
- BLT Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- Cranberry Spinach Salad with Cashews and Goat Cheese
- Roasted Beets and Butternut Squash Salad
- Arugula Salad With Shaved Parmesan
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a delicious side salad in 30 minutes or less!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.