If you have ever craved for some crispy chicken, you are likely to have thought of takeout or fast food.
One option that may come to your mind is KFC.
It is easy, quick, and delicious.
However, sometimes we end up with some leftover food that we want to enjoy later.
But how can we avoid the disappointment of soggy reheated chicken?
These cooking tips will show you how to reheat KFC and get it crispy again.
How to Reheat KFC in a Conventional Oven
- Preheat your oven at 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the leftover chicken on the baking sheet making sure that they do not touch each other.
- Cover lightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until it’s crispy.
How to Reheat KFC in the Microwave
Reheating leftover food in microwave is easy as long as you follow these reheating instructions:
- Transfer your leftover chicken into a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover lightly with a damp paper towel or plastic wrap (leave one edge slightly open).
- Microwave on high power (1000W) for 45 seconds – 1 minute.
Note: This method works well if you don’t have much time but be aware that microwaving can turn crispy chicken into chewy bits.
How to Reheat KFC in a Skillet
Skillet frying can restore crispiness by adding some oil into it using these following steps:
- Add about two tablespoons of oil into your skillet and set heat at medium-high heat until hot.
- Put your leftover chicken carefully onto the skillet using tongs
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the chicken for around 2-3 minutes on both sides or until it’s crispy.
Note: Skillet frying is not recommended if you want to avoid extra oily food.
How to Reheat KFC by Searing
Following this method will require a bit of a technique but can deliver excellent results:
- Preheat your non-stick pan on high heat for around 5 minutes.
- Brush the leftover chicken with some oil.
- Place the chicken in the pan, skin side down, and sear for about 4-5 minutes until it’s crispy.
- Turn the chicken over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Note: Searing is an excellent way if you don’t have much time or don’t want to reheat too many pieces at once.
How to Reheat KFC using an Air Fryer
An air fryer cooks food by circulating hot air around them – perfect for those who prefer healthy cooking tips:
- Preheat your air fryer at 375°F
- Lightly spray some oil over your leftover chicken pieces
- Place them into the air fryer basket making sure that they do not touch each other.
- Cook for approximately five minutes or until it’s crispy
Note: This method works similar to conventional oven reheating techniques but offers a healthier option since you hardly add any extra oil.
How to Reheat KFC Using a Toaster Oven
Toaster ovens are mini versions of classic oven designs, so they offer great functionality when it comes to reheating leftover food:
- Set toaster oven heat knob between medium-high and high (375°F).
- Place leftover food on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Turn occasionally, ensuring that every surface gets browned and heated evenly (about every two-to-three minutes).
- Remove the food from the oven when it’s crispy
Note: If you have a small quantity of leftover chicken to reheat, then using a toaster oven is quick and effective.
How to Reheat KFC in a Broiler
Using the broiler will work similarly to using your conventional oven but with more intense heating. Here’s how:
- Set your broil setting to high.
- Place leftover chicken on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Broil for about 1-2 minutes until it’s crispy
- Turn over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Note: Keep an eye on the food when broiling since the heat can rapidly get too high, burning your leftovers.
How to Reheat KFC in a Slow Cooker
Slow cooking won’t give you crispy pieces of fried chicken, but it comes in handy if you want very moist chicken:
- Preheat your slow cooker at medium heat.
- Add in some oil into your slow cooker pan
- Place the leftover chicken pieces into the pan, ensuring that they don’t touch each other.
- Cover pot with lid and cook for at least 10-15 minutes minimum or until hot.
Note: Slow cooking is not recommended if you desire crispiness from reheating takeaway foods like KFC.
Is It Safe To Reheat Leftover Fast Food?
Reheating takeaway food does bring up health concerns because of bacterial contamination. However, there are ways of ensuring safety that includes:
- Refrigerate fast foods as soon as possible after eating/drinking
- Read preparation information on takeout containers or online menus
- Only microwave leftovers once and only cook what you will eat
- Ensure proper temperature level reaches 165°F”
In conclusion, reheating leftover KFC is easy as long as you know how to do it right by following these versatile reheating instructions.
Whether it’s in a conventional oven, by searing or microwaving, there’s no excuse for having soggy chicken. Try out different reheating methods until you find one that suits your taste buds and always prioritize safety when handling and preparing any leftover food.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.