Are you looking for ways to reheat your tasty leftover prawn curry?
Whether you made it yourself or ordered takeout, reheated curry can sometimes end up dry or unevenly heated.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our tips and tricks for reheating prawn curry to its original deliciousness.
First, let’s cover some important food safety information.
When reheating any leftovers, always make sure they are stored in airtight containers and have been properly refrigerated within two hours of cooking.
Leftovers should be consumed within three to four days of initial preparation.
Make sure to reheat all leftovers thoroughly to a temperature of 165°F (74°C) before consuming.
Now let’s dive into the different methods for reheating your tasty prawn curry:
1. How to Reheat Prawn Curry in a Conventional Oven
This method is great if you have a larger quantity of curry or if you prefer oven heating over other methods.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Place the prawn curry into an oven-safe dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with your favorite sides.
2. How to Reheat Prawn Curry in the Microwave
This method is fast and convenient but can dry out the curry quickly if not done correctly.
- Place the desired amount of prawn curry into microwave-safe container.
- Cover loosely with a damp paper towel or microwave-safe lid.
- Heat on high power in increments of one minute until heated through*.
- Stir occasionally while heating.
- Once heated through, remove from microwave and serve immediately.
Note: Heating times may vary depending on your microwave wattage and the amount of curry being reheated.
3. How to Reheat Prawn Curry in a Skillet
This method is great for those who want to avoid using a microwave or oven.
- Place the desired amount of prawn curry into a non-stick skillet.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once heated thoroughly, remove from heat and serve immediately.
4. How to Reheat Prawn Curry by Searing
This method involves adding some extra flavor and texture through searing your prawn curry in a pan with oil or ghee.
- Melt some ghee or neutral oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in leftover prawn curry, spread it out evenly across the skillet surface.
- Let it cook undisturbed for about 2-3 minutes until the bottom has developed some golden-brown marks and crust.
- Flip the curry over with a spatula that can handle hot food and cook until heated through
- Once reheated through by cooking both sides of the leftovers, remove from heat immediately and serve.
Note: Cooking times may vary based on your burner power
5. How to Reheat Prawn Curry in an Air Fryer
This method will give your prawn curry extra crispiness while keeping it moist inside!
- Preheat air fryer at 350°F (176°C) for about 3 minutes
- Then place leftovers into an air fryer container that fits them best
- Let them cook for about 6-7 minutes on this temperature
- Make sure to shake them often so they won’t burn
- Enjoy your delicious & crispy reheated prawn curry!
6. How to Reheat Prawn Curry Using a Toaster Oven
Another great way to reheat prawn curry without having to rely on a full-sized oven!
- Preheat toaster oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Place your prawn curry in toaster-oven-safe dish.
- Cover with a lid or foil and put this dish on the rack in the toaster oven
- Heat at 350° F for 10-12 minutes.
- Check after 5 minutes and flip stir them to avoid uneven reheating.
- Continue heating till hot throughout then take it out and serve immediately.
7. How to Reheat Prawn Curry in a Broiler
Broiling is another fantastic way of reheating any food you have into new life!
- Preheat broiler on low heat setting
- Place the curry into broiler-safe pie pan
- Situate it under the broiler with about four inches space between your pan and heating element
- Cook for around six-eight minute, until food is heated through
The time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken pieces & how hot you want them.
8. How to Reheat Prawn Curry in a Slow Cooker
A slow cooker offers an easy and hands-off way to reheat leftover Indian dishes like prawn curry:
- Transfer leftovers into slow cooker container, but add little water stock or broth since it’ll dry out depending how long its been preserved
- Heat slowly over low temperature; can take up several hours
- Keep stirring occasionally until well-heated throughout so that all pieces are nice and warm with zero cold spots
There are many ways you can reheat leftover prawn curry, each delivering different outcomes based on preference!
Although each method has unique factors like time/temperature, equipment needed, or even change texture/ flavor slightly during reheating – all will do an excellent job giving new life into those favorite dishes that you’ve tucked away into the fridge for a treat later.
Follow our heating direction above for an easy and tasteful meal experience with minimal effort!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.