In this article, I’m going to share a mouthwatering mac and cheese recipe that doesn’t require any butter. Whether you’re looking for a healthier version of this classic dish or you’re lactose intolerant, this recipe is perfect for you.
Mac and cheese is a beloved comfort food that never fails to satisfy. But if you’re trying to cut back on butter or simply don’t have any on hand, you may be wondering if it’s still possible to achieve that creamy and cheesy goodness. The answer is a resounding yes!
In the following sections, I’ll provide step-by-step instructions on how to make this delicious mac and cheese without butter. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to create a dish that’s just as flavorful and indulgent without using butter. So, let’s get started on this scrumptious journey!
5 Reasons You’ll Love This Mac and Cheese Recipe
If you’re a fan of mac and cheese, get ready to fall in love with this delicious recipe that doesn’t require butter. Here are five reasons why this mac and cheese recipe will become a favorite in your household:
- Simplicity: This mac and cheese recipe is incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple steps, you can have a comforting and satisfying dish on the table in no time.
- Real Ingredients: Say goodbye to processed cheese and artificial flavors. This mac and cheese recipe calls for real, wholesome ingredients, ensuring a rich and authentic taste.
- Creamy Texture: Despite the absence of butter, this mac and cheese recipe still delivers a luxurious and creamy texture. You won’t be missing out on any of the indulgence.
- Customizable: Make this mac and cheese recipe your own by adding your favorite ingredients. Whether you prefer crispy bacon, sautéed vegetables, or even a touch of heat from hot sauce, you can customize this dish to suit your taste.
- Delicious Taste: Last but certainly not least, the most compelling reason to love this mac and cheese recipe is the incredible taste. The combination of rich cheese, perfectly cooked pasta, and a touch of seasoning creates a flavor explosion that will keep you coming back for more.
With these five reasons, it’s hard not to fall head over heels for this mac and cheese recipe. Whether you’re a mac and cheese aficionado or just looking for a comforting and crowd-pleasing dish, this recipe is sure to win your heart.
Ingredient List & Possible Substitutions
To make this delicious mac and cheese recipe without butter, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, there are several substitutions you can make:
- For lactose-free or vegan options, use plant-based milk such as almond milk or soy milk, and substitute the cheese with dairy-free alternatives.
- If you prefer a different type of cheese, feel free to experiment with different varieties like mozzarella, Gruyère, or Monterey Jack.
- For added flavor, you can incorporate ingredients like cooked ham, crispy bacon, or sautéed vegetables.
Remember, these are just suggestions, and you can customize the recipe to suit your taste and dietary needs. Get creative and make it your own!
How To Make Mac and Cheese Without Butter Step By Step
Making mac and cheese without butter is easier than you might think. In just a few simple steps, you can create a creamy and flavorful dish that will satisfy your cravings. Follow along with me as I guide you through each step of this delicious recipe.
Step 1: Cook the pasta. Begin by boiling a pot of water and adding your desired macaroni or pasta. Cook according to the instructions on the package until al dente. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
Step 2: Prepare the cheese sauce. In a separate saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and whisk until smooth. Gradually pour in 2 cups of milk while continuously whisking. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Next, add 2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella. Stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth.
Step 3: Combine the pasta and cheese sauce. Pour the cheese sauce over the cooked pasta and toss it gently until all the pasta is coated. If desired, you can add additional ingredients at this stage, such as cooked bacon, diced ham, or sautéed vegetables. Mix well to incorporate the flavors.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy! Transfer the mac and cheese to a serving dish and garnish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives. Dig in and savor every cheesy bite of this scrumptious mac and cheese without butter.
Now that you have the step-by-step guide, it’s time to put it into action. Gather your ingredients, follow the instructions, and indulge in a creamy and satisfying mac and cheese without butter. Your taste buds will thank you!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.