Turkey burgers are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional beef burgers.
They are juicy, flavorful, and a great way to switch up the regular routine of your meals.
But what do you do with the leftovers?
Reheating turkey burgers is a crucial step if you want to enjoy the same taste and texture as you did on day one.
In this blog post, we will discuss different methods of reheating turkey burgers.
Whether it’s through microwaving, oven heating, stovetop cooking, toaster oven or grilling – we’ve got you covered!
Microwave Reheating Method
Microwaving a turkey burger is perhaps the quickest option for reheating.
However, there are some things to keep in mind while doing so:
- Dampen a paper towel – Placing a moist paper towel over your patties helps retain moisture during microwaving.
- The microwave setting – Put your patties on medium heat setting mode.
- Timing – Heat between 30 seconds to 1 minute increments starting with less time first.
- Check temperature – Carefully touch the patty and check if it has warmed enough or consult an instant-read thermometer; surface temp should reach around 165 degrees Fahrenheit before its safe for consumption.
It’s quick & convenient for warming small portions or individual servings; It won’t dry out your burger patty due to its dampening effect as already discussed.
Microwave reheated food might not have an equal level of crispiness/brownness evenly distributed all over patties resulting from their uneven heating nature ( parts may stay uncooked while others may overheat).
Oven Reheating Method
Reheating in an oven is another classic method that can guarantee even temperature distribution across all turky burger patties.
Below are few steps & essentials tips that may come handy:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the turkey burger in an aluminum foil so that moisture won’t evaporate too quickly.
- Place your wrapped turkey burgers on the wire rack not directly touching any cooking debris.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Home cooks can reheat as per their preferences, resulting in evenly warmed and browning effect.
It requires a preheated oven which may consume more energy compared to other methods. Also reheating large number of patties in one go can take some considerable amount of time.
Skillet Reheating Method
The skillet method is a great way to warm up your turkey burgers. This is how it’s done:
- Warm skillet: Heat a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes before placing patties; remember not using high heat as boiling, and splattering could occur.
- Add fat: Lightly grease the cookware with olive oil or canola spray before adding patties for extra flavoring & prevent sticking while frying .
- Cook time: Cook each side at low to medium heat for upto 5 -7 min per side until heated through properly.
This method will make your turkey patties crispy from the outside and tender from inside.
It’s labour intensive requiring more attention than other methods, appropriate non-sticking cookware needed yet may still risk that on occasions burger may stuck resulting into breakage but otherwise could create some culinary magic!
Toaster Oven Reheating Method
Toaster Oven is an effective version when considering the reheating methods:
- Set toaster temperature at pre-heat between (320-340°F)careful not too high or lack of texture following a specific percentage increase due to excess heat.
- Place Turkey Burger Patties onto a baking sheet line with parchment paper so the patties don’t stick to the tray.
- Reheat for about 5-6 min or as desired.
The toaster oven method is quicker on average than an oven; you get crispy, juicy turkey burgers quickly and easily without any hassle.
Burgers could get overcooked and dried out if left in toaster oven for an extended time, also results vary depending on different brands/models of the toaster.
Grill Reheating Method
- Grilling is hands down, one of the tastiest ways to reheat your burger. Here’s how it’s done:
- Remove burger patties from cold storage and wait till they gain room temperature.
- Preheat your outdoor barbecue/gas grill/ compact grill.
- Oil or non-stick spray coat directly onto cookware so that patties doesn’t stick or get burn marks that alters taste
- Always keep it turning sides so that it doesn’t become too dry- Continuous turning makes sure heat is evenly distributed all over patty.
- Check after 2-4 minutes. Patties should reach minimum internal temperature recommended by USDA (165°F).
Grilled turkey burgers have unique smokey charcoal flavours which enhance its original taste profile further.
If not careful enough Grill reheating can be time-consuming & result in uneven cooking across the patties; It requires extra provision for safe cooking procedures i.e wearing gloves while handling food to avoid risk of infection during grilling process.
Other Non Conventional Heating Methods
Air Fryer – Cooks Choice Technique
The air fryer method won’t preserve juicy texture but works great if you want a crispy skin with even browning across the surface area. Few things may come handy before heating:
- Spray some neutral oil using a sprayer before any food goes into the air fryer basket to decrease you intake calorie & increase the crispiness.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 Minutes on moderate heat temperature.
Sous Vide – Best for leftovers
This method is unique as it’s ideal if you’re freezing leftover turkey burger patties. It’s great for maintaining the right temperature while cooking and ensuring that there won’t be any loss of flavours or excess dryness.
Important things to remember while reheating through sous vide:
- Seal patties in a vacuum bag before placing them into fridge.
- Immerse bag in sous-vide water-bath @ 130 degrees Fahrenheit until stuff gets heated from core .
- After retrieving from bag, thoroughly pat dry using an absorbing cloth or paper towel before serving patties .
Successfully reheating your turkey burgers can help avoid waste and make your meal planning a lot easier.
From microwave, oven to stovetop and grill methods – each one has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
We hope this post gave you some ideas so that next time you whip up Turkey Burgers, you’ll have plenty of options when it comes to leftovers!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.