If you are someone who frequently visits Subway, you might have stumbled upon leftover sandwiches that went into your fridge by mistake.
Don’t toss it out just yet!
You can still enjoy a subway sandwich’s goodness by reheating it correctly.
In today’s blog post, we’ll be teaching you how to reheat Subway sandwiches using different kitchen appliances conveniently.
How to Reheat Subway Sandwiches in a Conventional Oven
Reheating your subway sandwich using a conventional oven is one of the best ways to restore its freshness and taste.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove your sandwich from the refrigerator and unwrap it completely.
- Place the sandwich in an aluminum foil or parchment paper and wrap it properly.
- Bake the wrapped sandwich for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and started bubbling.
How to Reheat Subway Sandwiches in The Microwave
If you don’t have much time but still crave something quick, microwave reheating is a suitable option for both convenience and easy accessibility:
- Unwrap your sub from its original packaging.
- Wrap your sub in a moistened paper towel make sure not to soak it.
- Place it on top of microwave safe plate
- Heat it up for approximately 30 seconds per piece
- Serve hot and fresh!
How to Reheat Subway Sandwich by Searing
Searing is another easy way of reheating sandwiches that some people tend not to consider; however, only foods with sturdy interiors like meats or vegetables are recommended using searing since bread tends not fare well under high temperatures.
- Add oil or butter in pan over medium heat until heated through
- Place bread with toppings (meat veggies) down facing onto skillet surface
- Cook Bread till crispy browned (approx 2 minutes)
- Turn Bread so toppings are facing down and cook for another few seconds
- Remove from skillet once reheated and serve immediately
How to Reheat Subway Sandwiches Using a Toaster Oven
Toaster ovens are a convenient option to reheat your sandwich without needing to preheat the oven.
- Preheat your toaster oven for 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unwrap your subway sandwich
- Place it on the toaster’s rack or on aluminum foil inside the toaster oven.
- Toast it until heated through but not too crispy, approximately three minutes.
How to Reheat Subway Sandwiches in a Skillet
If you don’t have an air fryer but still prefer crispy outrage, skillet reheating is definitely worth looking into!
- Place skillet onto temperature source over medium heat handling with care.
- Brush bread slightly with oil or butter turning downwards onto pan surface
- Cook until golden brown or till cheese starts bubbling through top of bread (approx 2-3min each side)
Be sure not burn sandwich by watching carefully and take off heat once properly reheated
Serve hot and crunchy!
How to Reheat Subway Sandwiches in an Air Fryer
Air Fryers are rapidly acquiring popularity among fast-food alternatives due to their low-fat fry factor making them suitable for heating up leftover sandwiches.
- Open up air fryer basket and place bread belly down
- Spray Canola Oil lightly over Sub toppings evenly
- Set temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and Cook for around six minutes
- Check regularly after every two minutes increments until desired level of crispiness achieved
Do not hesitate & enjoy hot toasted subs fresh out of the Air Fryer!
How to Reheat Subway Sandwiches in a Broiler
A broiler provides another excellent option when wanting a crispy element such as melted cheese or bubbly gold crust generated from under the broiler’s extremely high heat.
- Preheat the Broiler on High.
- Remove sandwich from storage and remove packaging
- Position bread directly under flames, allowing not even a centimeter between
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye out carefully.
- Remove before it starts to burn.
How to Reheat Subway Sandwiches in a Slow Cooker
Reheating your sandwich in slow cookers work great for massive orders or if you frequently prepare sandwiches ahead of time as part of meal prep. This method helps retain moisture levels and makes food more tender over slower heat times.
- Place leftover subway sandwich into Slow Cooker
- Add Water (just enough to cover Bread) into your Slow Cooker and keep it on low temperature settings
- Leave for approx 25-30minutes.
- Check Bread occasionally until perfectly reheated.
Is It Safe To Reheat Leftover Subway Sandwiches?
The idea is using proper techniques while reheating, which aids in removing the possibility of bacterial growth from any spoilt food when preparing meals ahead of serving or after storing your meals on take away containers at home.
Reheating leftover sandwiches are generally safe but remember always use proper food storage procedures by keeping leftovers refrigerated and consume within two hours after purchase or discard leftovers after two days since bacteria grows faster when stored longer than that, leading to food-borne illnesses like E.coli or salmonella infections caused by consuming spoiled foods.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.