Are you looking for ways to reheat sausage balls without losing their crispy texture?
Perhaps you had a party the night before and now have plenty of leftovers.
Maybe you forgot to finish those delicious sausage balls, or maybe you want a quick snack that tickles your taste buds.
No matter what the reason, reheating sausage balls is easy! In this article, we will teach you five simple methods for reheating these tasty treats.
From ovens to microwaves, toaster ovens, stoves and grills outside, we have got everything covered!
The Five Methods
Before diving into detail on all five of the ways that sausage balls can be reheated make sure that your sausages are not overcooked or hard on their outer layer as they tend to become quite difficult after cooking.
Here are the five methods for reheating sausage balls:
- Toaster Oven
- Stove Top
- Grill or BBQ Pit
It’s important not to burn your sausages while using oven/microwave/toaster oven since overheating can really affect their texture.
Reheating in the Oven
Reheating in the oven is one of the best ways of achieving crispy textured sausage balls again.
- Preheat your oven first up before putting any heat inside.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and place the Sasuage Balls into it once heated.
- Place them in an aluminum foil pouch so that they cook evenly all over with great sauce retentionness.
- Cook at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes until they sizzle and start getting brown.
- Take them out and enjoy perfectly cooked sausage balls at last.
Make sure you don’t overcook them by checking periodically after 7 -9 minutes.
Reheating in a Toaster Oven
Toaster ovens are a great option for reheating sausage balls since they are small, compact and do not take up much space. Using lower heat options as compared to the bigger sized oven aids in internal heating more effectively.
- Preheat your toaster oven first if it has that function, else heat it on 350°F or appropriate temperature.
- Put your sausage balls in a baking dish.
- Heat them for about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the power of your oven.
Make sure your meatballs don’t get overcooked by checking on them every five minutes or so.
Reheating in a Microwave
Reheating sausage balls in microwave is the quickest way which makes it alluring but does have some disadvantages. Microwaves can make the surface look soggy or rubbery after reheating. Follow these steps for reheating:
- Spread 4 to 6 sausage balls on a microwave-safe plate
- Place damp paper towels over each ball
- Heat them at full power for about 40 seconds.
Check if your microwave overheats and adjust accordingly so that you get evenly warmed sausages balls which do not affect their taste and texture.
Reheating on the Stove Top
You can use pots, frying pans made of ceramic, stainless steel or porcelain to reheat sausage balls as this method ensures evenly cooked insides with no scorching caused by cheese melting during heating.
Here’s how you should repeat this method:
- Set fire onto medium mode till pan feels mildly hot
- Put small amount of butter/oil in it when heated well enough at less than half-table spoon portion per four pieces ideally.
- Wait until foam gets appears forming w/shiny surface before adding meatballs into gas grill pans over medium flames giving it minimum five minutes timing until crispy outside done inside ready for second time softnessness.
Reheating on a Grill or BBQ Pit
Grill outdoor and pit cooking requires slightly more attention when reheating sausage balls, but if you’re looking for that smoky flavor, then this method is perfect.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat
- Oil the grates to prevent sausage balls from sticking.
- Put the Sausage Balls directly on the grates.
- Shift them regularly for about 4 to 5 minutes so they cook evenly.
Reheating on a grill is really easy but needs minor attention while shifting sausages so they get evenly reheated.
Choosing the Best Method for You
All these five methods offer unique advantages over each other. To make sure that you get maximum benefits, choose which method best suits your time schedule and preference.
Here are questions to help you determine which option might suit your unique situation better:
- Do you need quick sausage reheat?
- Do you appreciate crisply textured meatballs or do soft-textured meatballs bother you not?
- Do you have access to a microwave with multiple settings?
- How much time do have available right now?
The answers to these questions will help in determining what suits best.
Reheating sausage balls couldn’t be easier with all these options. No matter how busy your schedule is, there’s at least one option that will work perfectly for your unique situation! Whether it’s using an oven or grilling outside, there are plenty of ways to reheat leftovers from previous night’s party snacks recipes without losing quality or taste.
Always follow these simple tips and tricks like consistent checking and small intervals between them since overdoing can affect the texture/taste of sausages giving it poor quality instead of retaining its memorable taste after cooking!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.