Are you a lover of Panera Bread Bowls, but always end up with leftovers?
Reheating leftovers can be quick and easy, and there are many different ways to do it.
This blog post will teach you how to reheat your Panera Bread Bowl in seven different ways, including a conventional oven, microwave, skillet, searing method, air fryer, toaster oven or a broiler.
Let’s get started!
How to Reheat Panera Bread Bowl in a Conventional Oven
Reheating the bread bowl using an oven distributes heat evenly among the entire dish. This is a great option when looking for crispy bread.
- Preheat your conventional oven to 350°F.
- Remove the soup from the bread bowl and pour it into an oven-safe container.
- Wrap the bread bowl tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place both the dish with soup and wrapped bread bowl onto a baking sheet.
- Heat them for 15-20 minutes until heated thoroughly.
How to Reheat Panera Bread Bowl in Microwave
Microwaves are great if you’re looking for something quick as they heat food evenly throughout.
- Remove all the sausage slices or candied pecans from your leftover soup if present
- Microwave-safe plates are best so have them at hands
- Place the leftover soup that was removed from bread bowl in microwave-safe dishes.
- Cover each plate tightly either with plastic wrap or with lids that fit loosely on top.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds bursts till heated thoroughly.
Pro-Tip: If you’re microwaving both at once i.e., soup as well as breadbowl then cover each one separately because covering them together will make one lose its crisp-like texture.
How to Reheat Panera Bread Bowl in a Skillet
If you’re looking for a crispy texture, reheating your bread bowl in a skillet is an excellent option.
- Remove the soup from the bread bowl and put it into a pot.
- Cut the bread bowl into slices (1/2 inch thickness).
- Heat up some butter or oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the bread slices on hot pan and let them cook until each side is golden-brownish color i.e., 2-4 minutes each side.
- Put cooked slices onto paper towel and let them all cool down before serving with reheated soup.
How to Reheat Panera Bread Bowl by Searing
Sear refers to cooking food thoroughly at high temperatures, either through roasting or grilling by using an oven or stovetop technique.
- Remove any leftover soup that might be from inside of breadbowl and put it aside.
- Slice up the remaining inside of it into small-sized pieces
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into deep frying pan or Wok on medium heat
- Place cut bread bowl pieces onto heated oils facing downwards for about 10-15 seconds then flip over on other side for another 10 sec
- Now add leftover soup proceed till smooth boiling
How to Reheat Panera Bread Bowl in an Air Fryer
Reheating your bread bowl in an air fryer works best when you want to keep crispy edges; follow these steps:
- Cut your leftover loaf portion into half-inch cubes opting decorative shapes as desired
- Heat your air fryer on maximum temperature level up till 375°F before beginning reheating process
- Place half-inch cubes onto white paper towels and place them under warm water gently soaking out excess liquid moisture.
- Transfer soaked-up cubes onto air fryer basket
- Spray Pan cooking spray lightly on the bread cubes and start the reheat cycle by cooking them at 300°F for a total of 10 minutes.
How to Reheat Panera Bread Bowl Using a Toaster Oven
The toaster oven is another handy kitchen device that can be used for reheating tasks:
- Transfer your leftover soup into oven-safe bowls or squared dishes with handles
- Separate any chunks of sausage or candied pecans from your soup so that they can be reheated separately.
- Remove your bread bowl loafs from freezer bag and use a sharp carving knife to slice it in equaled half cup sizes.
- Preheat toaster oven up until 350°F degree temperature after placing them straight onto the wire tray holding container
- Reheating process usually takes about 15-20 minutes depending upon thickness of your loaf.
How to Reheat Panera Bread Bowl in a Broiler
Broil mode is one of the most commonly used settings when reheating food. Reheating using broil method requires continuous attention, so stand close to the ovens screen during process.
- Remove leftover soup if any from spongy bread bowl lining.
- Slice loaf into small pieces before further proceeding
- Heat broiler mode up till high temperature i.e.,450°F
- Arranging cut slices onto large baking sheet (use aluminum foil lining) before spraying with pan cooking spray evenly desired surface area
- Place baking tray directly underneath broiler shields (2 inches away)
How to Reheat Panera Bread Bowl in a Slow Cooker
Last but not least slow cooker, also called crockpot, is also an option as it uses very low heat over an extended time period that essentially allows you to keep stirring every hour for several hours to get ready for another delicious slice.
- Put your leftover soup crockpot
- Slice your bread bowl into small even pieces before adding them to the soup.
- Turn the slow cooker on ‘low heat’ mode and let it simmer for at least an hour prior to serving- stir occasionally.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.