Avocado toast has become a popular breakfast dish in recent years.
But what if you don’t have bread, or you’re trying to avoid carbs?
There are still plenty of ways to enjoy avocado for breakfast!
Here are 12 recipes for how to eat avocado for breakfast without bread, including egg dishes, oatmeal, smoothies, and more.
How to Eat Avocado for Breakfast without Bread?
There are a few different ways you can eat avocado for breakfast without bread. One option is to make an avocado toast alternative by topping avocado slices with eggs, tomatoes, or cheese. Another option is to add avocado to your smoothie or oatmeal. You can also make a savory breakfast bowl with avocado, eggs, and veggies.
Still looking for ideas?
No problem, simply keep scrolling!
Here are 12 of the best ways to eat avocado for breakfast without bread:
Keto Air Fryer Avocado Baked Egg
If you have an air fryer, you can make a delicious and healthy breakfast using avocado and eggs.
This dish is keto-friendly, and it is also gluten-free and grain-free.
- To make this dish, start by slicing an avocado in half.
- Remove the pit, and then scoop out some of the flesh to create a well for the egg.
- Crack an egg into the well, and then place the avocado halves in the air fryer.
- Cook on a low setting until the egg is cooked to your preference.
This dish is easy to customize, so feel free to add in other ingredients that you enjoy.
You could add some cheese, bacon, or even hot sauce.
This dish is a great way to start your day, and it is also perfect for meal prep.
Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
Ah, a fresh avocado.
Creamy, dreamy, and versatile, it’s no wonder this fruit (yes, fruit!) has taken the world by storm.
While avocado toast is delicious, it’s not the only way to enjoy avocado for breakfast.
For a quick and easy breakfast that is packed with nutrients, try a blueberry avocado smoothie.
Simply combine one ripe avocado, one cup of fresh or frozen blueberries, and one cup of almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
If you want a little extra sweetness, you can add a tablespoon of honey or agave nectar.
This smoothie is filling and satisfying, and it’s a great way to start your day.
The avocado provides healthy fats and fiber, while the blueberries are full of antioxidants.
Plus, it’s super easy to make!
Deviled Avocado Eggs
Are you ready to impress your breakfast guests with a unique and delicious dish?
Deviled avocado eggs are the perfect way to show off your culinary skills while still keeping things simple.
- To make deviled avocado eggs, start by hard boiling some eggs.
- Once they are cooked, remove the yolks and mash them together with some avocado.
- Add in some seasonings of your choice, then spoon the mixture back into the egg whites.
- You can garnish the eggs with anything you like, but some chopped chives or bacon bits would be a great option.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
5-Ingredient Spinach Avocado Smoothie
Use your favorite smoothie ingredients as a base, then add in some avocado for a creamy twist.
This 5-ingredient spinach avocado smoothie is an easy and delicious way to start your day.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy as is or pour into a glass and enjoy!
Savory Oatmeal with Avocado and Poached Egg
You know what they say.
Oatmeal is the ultimate comfort food.
It’s warm, it’s filling, and it’s so easy to make.
But sometimes, oatmeal can feel a little bit…boring.
That’s where avocado comes in.
Adding avocado to your oatmeal is a great way to give it a boost of flavor and creaminess.
And if you want to really take things up a notch, top it with a poached egg.
The yolk will add even more creaminess and richness, making this dish truly irresistible.
So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast that will fill you up and keep you going until lunch, try savory oatmeal with avocado and poached egg.
Oven-Baked Sweet Potato “Toast” Topped with Avocado & More
Don’t worry, no real toast is involved in this recipe!
Slices of sweet potato are roasted in the oven until slightly crispy, then topped with all your favorite breakfast toppings.
In this case, we’ve used avocado, eggs, and some hot sauce for a little bit of a kick.
You could also top your ‘toast’ with other things like smoked salmon, cheese, or even just some plain old fruit jam.
The possibilities are endless, and you’ll be getting a good dose of vitamins and fiber to start your day off right.
So ditch the bread and give this healthy alternative a try!
Pesto Tomato, Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
A salad for breakfast?
This Pesto Tomato, Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad is a great way to start your day.
It’s packed with healthy ingredients and it’s filling enough to keep you going until lunch.
The pesto adds a flavorful punch, the tomatoes are juicy and the eggs are a perfect addition.
And of course, let’s not forget the avocado.
It’s creamy and delicious and it ties everything together.
This salad is easy to make and it’s perfect for those mornings when you don’t have time for a big breakfast.
Just throw everything in a bowl, give it a good mix and you’re good to go.
Stuffed Breakfast Avocados (Try Bacon)
If you’re feeling a little fancy (not really) or want to pretend like you’re at a brunch (definitely), then this is the breakfast for you.
It’s also really easy and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- bacon (optional)
- salt, pepper, and any other seasonings to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the avocado in half, length-wise.
- Remove the pit and scoop out a little bit of the avocado so that there’s room for the egg.
- Crack an egg into each half of the avocado. You can do this directly from the shell or pour it into a small bowl first and then transfer it to the avocado.
- Optional: Top with bacon! You can cook the bacon ahead of time or cook it in the oven with the avocados. If you’re cooking it in the oven, place the bacon on top of the avocados
Avocado Egg Bake (Baked Eggs in Avocado)
How about baking some eggs in avocado halves?
This is a great way to get your protein and healthy fats in for breakfast, and it’s also pretty darn delicious.
- To make this dish, start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit, then scoop out a small amount of the flesh so that there is a well for the egg.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the avocado halves on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
This dish can be served as is, or you can top it with some shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, or green onions.
It’s also good with a side of fruit or some whole grain toast.
Mexican-inspired Sweet Potato & Avocado Breakfast Bowl
I love Mexican food, and this breakfast bowl is a great way to enjoy some of my favorite flavors in the morning.
The sweet potato provides complex carbohydrates and fiber, while the avocado adds healthy fats and some protein.
I like to top mine with a little bit of hot sauce for an extra kick, but you can add whatever toppings you like.
- To make this breakfast bowl, start by cooking one or two sweet potatoes in the oven or microwave.
- Then, add half of an avocado and top with your favorite toppings.
I like to use salsa, hot sauce, and cilantro, but you can also add things like cheese, sour cream, or diced tomatoes.
Keto Avocado Smoothie (Dairy-free)
This smoothie is supposed to be simple, nutritious, and delicious all at the same time.
It’s made with just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
The avocado gives the smoothie a creamy texture, while the almond milk and chia seeds help to thicken it up.
The lemon juice adds some brightness and acidity, while the honey or maple syrup helps to round out the flavors.
This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
It’s also dairy-free, so it’s ideal if you’re lactose-intolerant or following a dairy-free diet.
To make this smoothie, simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
If you want a thinner smoothie, add more almond milk.
If you want it thicker, add less.
Taste and adjust the sweetness as needed.
Breakfast Totchos aka Tater Tot Nachos
Lastly, if you’re looking for something different than avocado toast for breakfast, you could try breakfast totchos.
All you need is a bag of tater tots, your favorite toppings, and some hot sauce.
- Start by cooking the tater tots according to the package instructions.
- While they’re cooking, dice up an avocado and set it aside.
- Once the tots are done, put them in a bowl and top with the avocado, some shredded cheese, and anything else you like on your nachos. I like to add some diced tomatoes, green onions, and bacon.
- Drizzle with hot sauce and enjoy!
How to Eat Avocado for Breakfast without Bread
- Keto Air Fryer Avocado Baked Egg
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Deviled Avocado Eggs
- 5-Ingredient Spinach Avocado Smoothie
- Savory Oatmeal with Avocado and Poached Egg
- Oven-Baked Sweet Potato "Toast" Topped with Avocado & More
- Pesto Tomato, Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
- Stuffed Breakfast Avocados (Try Bacon)
- Avocado Egg Bake (Baked Eggs in Avocado)
- Mexican-inspired Sweet Potato & Avocado Breakfast Bowl
- Keto Avocado Smoothie (Dairy-free)
- Breakfast Totchos aka Tater Tot Nachos
- Pick any of these breakfast recipe ideas for serving up those avocados.
- Prepare the rest of your delicious meal.
- Enjoy in no time!