Finding the right dressing for a spinach salad can be tricky.
Beyond the classic vinaigrette, there are plenty of crowd-pleasing dressings that will help bring out the flavors in your favorite greens.
From ranch to creamy blue cheese and beyond, these 10 best dressings pair perfectly with spinach salads while adding a fresh kick to your meal.
Maximize all that nutritional goodness without skimping on flavor – discover what goes best with spinach salad today!
In a rush? Here is the short answer:
The perfect dressing for spinach salad is warm bacon dressing, which combines the flavor of crispy bacon with a tangy vinaigrette. This type of dressing pairs well with other ingredients such as mushrooms, hard-boiled eggs, and croutons. To make it even more flavorful, add some garlic and onion powder to the mix.
Read Also: Spinach Salad Wine Pairing – The Best Wines for Spinach Salads
How To Pick A Dressing For Your Spinach Salad
When you’re preparing your spinach salad, it’s important to pick the right dressing because it can make or break the flavor of the salad.
Here are five tips for picking a delicious dressing:
- Check The Flavor Profile: When choosing a dressing, think about how its flavor will work with the other ingredients in your salad. If you’re using sweet ingredients such as strawberries and pecans, pick something tangy like a Caesar or balsamic vinaigrette to offset those flavors. For lighter salads with less intense flavors, opt for something milder such as olive oil and lemon juice or a honey mustard dressing.
- Keep It Balanced: You want to maintain a balance between salty and sweet in order for all of the flavors to really come together — too much sweetness or too much salt can throw off a dish entirely! Start off by adding just enough of either until you have reached your desired taste profile before tasting again once more time before serving.
- Be Creative with Toppings: Don’t be afraid to add extra toppings such as crumbled cheese (blue cheese is classic), chopped nuts (walnuts work especially well), diced fruit (like apples), or even sun-dried tomatoes for added texture and flavor!
- Use Quality Ingredients: Whenever possible use higher-quality ingredients when making dressings—these often provide superior texture, character, and taste than their lower-quality counterparts. For example, choose cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil over regular olive oil as this tends to have a deeper taste due to minimal filtering during the production process.
- Pair With Cheese: Try pairing different cheeses on top of a spinach salad depending on the type of dinner – feta pairs great with spicy dishes while provolone may work better for milder dishes. This can be a great way to add some extra flavor to your salad.
The 10 Best Dressings For Spinach Salad
Spinach salad is a tasty and healthy dish, but it can be tricky to decide on the right dressing.
To help you make your decision, here are ten dressings that pair perfectly with spinach salad:
1. Warm Bacon Dressing
This dressing has a warm, salty bacon flavor with notes of garlic and onion. It’s made with sautéed diced bacon, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, dried oregano, and ground black pepper.
2. Poppy Seed Dressing
This sweet dressing is bold and flavorful. It’s made with mayonnaise, white grape juice concentrate, or honey instead of sugar for sweetness (you can also add some poppy seeds for crunch), lemon juice for acidity, and grated onion to enhance the flavor profile.
3. Balsamic Dressing
A classic that pairs perfectly with spinach salads! The recipe requires extra-virgin olive oil as the base which is combined in a blender to heat your balsamic glaze until smooth. You can also add minced shallot or chives if desired.
4. Homemade French Dressing
A classic and simple two-ingredient dressing that comes together in minutes, this homemade French dressing is perfect for a spinach salad. To make it, mix equal parts olive oil and red wine vinegar in a bowl until combined. Add dried herbs such as oregano, thyme, rosemary, and basil to the mixture along with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Creamy Garlic Dressing
Combine Greek yogurt, diced garlic cloves, minced fresh parsley, olive oil, white vinegar (Gochujang or soy sauce if desired), honey, and a few squeezes of lemon juice together in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste before drizzling over your spinach salad for added flavor.
6. Lemon Mustard Dressing
This flavorful dressing combines the tanginess of dijon mustard with the brightness of lemon juice, giving it an invigorating flavor. The acidity and freshness from the lemon can really help to cut through and bring out the natural flavors in your spinach salad.
7. Orange Ginger Sesame Salad Dressing
For those looking for a bit of sweetness, this Asian-inspired dressing is perfect! Orange juice gives it some citrus zing while sesame oil adds nutty notes. Creamy sesame paste provides additional richness and delicious creaminess to bring all the flavors together, thanks to its subtle ginger accents that definitely pack a punch.
8. Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
This delicious, tart dressing is perfect for wilted spinach salads. It’s made from red wine vinegar, olive oil, and a sweetener such as honey or maple syrup. You can add shallots, garlic, or herbs to this dressing to give it additional flavor.
9. Fresh Lemon Vinaigrette
Tangy and flavorful, this dressing combines fresh lemon juice with Dijon mustard, extra-virgin olive oil, and chopped herbs such as dill or chives. The acidity of the lemon enhances the flavors in the salad ingredients while adding a zesty twist to any meal.
10. Creamy Maple Dressing with Black Pepper
A delicious blend of creamy Greek yogurt mixed with pure maple syrup and freshly cracked black pepper creates an indulgent yet nutritious finish for you next spinach salad. Add some diced tomatoes and feta cheese for a satisfying entrée salad sure to delight your taste buds!
In conclusion, spinach salads are a delicious and nutritious choice for any meal. But what dressing goes best with it?
The best dressings for spinach salad are warm bacon dressing, poppy seed dressing, balsamic dressing, ketchup dressing, creamy dressing, mustard dressing, orange dressing, red wine vinaigrette, lemon vinaigrette, and maple dressing.
Each of these dressings can be used to add flavor and texture to your spinach salad, giving it a unique and delicious taste.
With so many options, you can find a dressing that perfectly complements your spinach salad.
What Dressing Goes With Spinach Salad? (10 Best Dressings)
- Warm Bacon Dressing
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Balsamic Dressing
- Homemade French Dressing
- Creamy Garlic Dressing
- Lemon Mustard Dressing
- Orange Ginger Sesame Salad Dressing
- Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- Fresh Lemon Vinaigrette
- Creamy Maple Dressing with Black Pepper
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a dressing recipe in 20 minutes or less!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.